Fear

Hiding Myself From YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A little girl was sprawled on the floor, crying helplessly, watching her sister getting assaulted by a drunken men. “HELP... HELP!!! ANYONE... HELP MY UNNIE!” she shouted at the top of her lungs, tears streaming down her face as burnt.

 

But no one was there to step forward and help those miserable girls, for they were in an alley, abandoned and alone in this mess. “LEAVE MY UNNIE, I’M BEGGING YOU! PLEASE!!!” She tried to bite one arm of the man while grabbing his leg, but he pushed her away, causing her to get a bruise on her right knee. “Ah!” she let out a cry of pain.

 

On the other hand, the older girl was struggling to escape from the hard grip of those men, kicking in the air. Her voice dried by crying for help, shouting at those monsters to stop – but they turned deaf as soon as they saw the young, pretty girl walking alone.

 

It was in the evening when both sisters went to the supermarket to buy some snacks. Since their parents weren’t at home, the older girl was responsible for taking care of her little sister. On their way back home, some drunkards blocked their way. They tried to run as far as they could, with the older lass grabbing her sibling's hand on reflex.

 

They ran and ran and in a blur, both siblings got into the alley, hoping to find an exit. However, there was only a dead end waiting for them.

 

“A beautiful girl like you shouldn’t waste your time by playing with a little girl, you know.” The man who reeked of alcohol traced his filthy hands on her bare arm, causing her to shiver terribly in fear and disgust. “We’re better than that kiddo over there, don’t you think?” his mocking laughter roared in that isolated place.

 

“But what are going to do about this little tail of beauty?” That little girl squirmed as the other man tried to touch her, “Why? You're scared of me?” Audible sobs escaped from her parted lips, but that man did not give a damn about that.

 

“Let her be,” one man who was ogling hungrily at the older girl said from far. Loosening his necktie, he bent down and grabbed her chin with his two fingers, "Now, it’s my time to play with this toy over here,” He devilishly smirked.

 

The older girl’s hands were locked with his tie, and they stuffed with cloth, making her helpless, unable to scream for help or do anything while she was being violated in the dark alley at such a young age.

 

“LEAVE HER!!! LEAVE HER ALONE! UNNIE!!!”

 

 

“NO, DON’T TOUCH! HELP!!!”

 

Jung quickly ran to Chaerin who was still sleeping on the hospital bed. She was sweating like she has been running a marathon for the past hour. Her forehead was creased, tears were trailing down from her closed eyes as her fingers turned cold and her knuckles white like a sheet of paper..

 

“Call the doctors,” Mr Nam commanded, patting soothingly on his wife’s back. Mrs Nam was crying the whole time since Chaerin fell unconscious all of a sudden. “Don’t worry, she’s okay. The doctors said so, didn’t they?” Despite her husband's consolation, Mrs Nam’s tears were still uncontrollably falling.

 

“Yes, dad,” Woohyun said as he left the room to look for the doctor who checked on Chaerin’s condition when she was admitted to the hospital. Jung was wiping Chaerin's forehead with a cotton clothing, a worried gaze plastered on her face. She pitied the younger girl a lot; Chaerin had faced a lot of problems at such a young age, and if she could, Jung would definitely share her burden a little, so that latter could live her life peacefully.

 

“No… don’t touch… leave…” Those were the words Chaerin was repeating for a while now, before she suddenly thrashed her hands in the air, searching for something. At the same time, the doctor walked in with Woohyun trailing behind her. Jung saw two more heads peeking from the door, but Woohyun pushed them back out, closing the door behind him.

 

“Her condition is alright, there’s nothing to worry about. She just had a nightmare,” Doctor said looking through Chaerin’s medical records. “Has something happened in the past to make her that way?” The Nam couple nodded their head simultaneously. “Hmm… I see.” The doctor checked Chaerin’s pulse rate before turning to face the people present in the room.

 

“I would like to talk with you, Mr and Mrs Nam. You too, please come by by cubicle,” She then handed a piece of paper to Woohyun, who was standing the closest to her, “Go collect these pills in the Pharmacy. Give her whatever she wants to eat when she wakes up, but if she isn't hungry, don't insist.” The doctor looked around, “The lesser the people around her, she’ll feel less suffocated. So…”

 

Jung quickly nodded her head in understanding as she stepped forward to usher Mr and Mrs Nam out with the doctor. She came inside to see Woohyun standing beside the sleeping Chaerin. “You should probably go home too, Woohyun-ah. And your friends - those poor boys are still waiting outside. Tell them to go home too.” She patted his shoulder as she sat on the couch in the ward.

 

“No. You go home, I’ll stay here with her,” Woohyun argued, his eyes still glued on the sleeping figure. “Don’t be ridiculous. You know she’ll get scared if she sees you when she wakes up. Its better if I’m here with her,” She walked up to him, pushing him out of the room. “Now, you go home. Go, go, go!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter