Seoul

Hiding Myself From YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After one month,

Seoul

 

Chaerin looked up to the house she was standing in front of. It was not a huge mansion that looked like it was for entertaining royals, but it still was bigger than her own home. It was beautiful and well maintained, and Chaerin supposed that the place would be cozy enough for her to live in. She looked at the plants which were planted in front of the house, and her lips curled up a little when remembering how her aunt loved gardening.

 

 

“Are you just going to stand there or you’ve any plans of coming inside?” her cousin, Seo Jung chortled at Chaerin’s awestruck face.

 

Chaerin ducked her head down in embarrassment when being caught staring a little too exaggeratingly. Tugging on her bag’s strap, Chaerin took in a deep breath and stepped foward, stepping onto the first step of the stairs to enter her new home.

 

“Aigoo Rin-ah~ What to do, you’re so cute!” Squealing like little girl, Jung ran towards Chaerin with her arms outstretched widely. She stopped beside Chaerin and grabbed the latter's arm before skipping into her house while pulling her cousin along.

 

“Omma, your beloved niece is here~!”

 

The quick sounds of hurried steps could be heard, before a women in her mid-forties came into the view with bright smile, the skin on the sides of her eyes crinkling because of her huge grin. “Omona! Welcome home, dear!” Chaerin's auntie pulled her in for a tight hug.

 

After separating from that long embrace, her aunt held her by arms, looking at her from head to toe with so much of love and affection b in her eyes. “You grew up very well and beautiful Chaerin-ah...”

 

Chaerin smiled awkwardly at the both ladies who were showering her with so much love and speaking to her with so many honey-coated words. She wasn’t really very fond of them yet, but she knew that they loved her sincerely. It was just that after her awful experience on one certain incident, believing in someone was a such a difficult task for Chaerin.

 

Clearing , she quietly muttered, “Uh… um… Auntie… I’m a little tired now… May I know-”

 

“Oh! Of course, of course!” her aunt quickly stood up, assisting Chaerin upstairs. “I personally chose the things to decorate your room, so tell me anything that you don’t like, and I'll get them changed at once to your liking!” The lady stopped in front of the room which was situated in the corner of the first floor. “So, this is your new room!”

 

And she twisted the knob open.

 

 

Chaerin looked around the room, it was simply breathtaking. It was simple, yet its simplicity attracted her more. “It’s beautiful auntie. I like it.” She looked at every corner of room before turning around to face the lady who was observing her with a tender smile lingering on her lips.

 

“Oh, I’m so glad that you liked it!” she replied with an excited clasp of her hands. She took notice of her niece’s awkward and a little tensed behavior, so she decided to leave her alone to adjust to the new atmosphere. “Ah, I’m going now Chaerin-ah. The maids will call you for dinner, but you can come down earlier if you like.” She caressed Chaerin’s cheek for a few moments before finally leaving the girl alone.

 

 

Seoul wasn’t that bad, she concluded after visiting some parks in the city, which weren’t that crowded with people.

 

But there was this certain lake which was her favorite place in Seoul. It’s been almost two weeks since she settled in Seoul with her Aunt’s family, and she visited this park almost every day.

 

At the Yeouido park in Seoul, this lake was located at very much deep inside the park. Birds’ chirping, melodic music of flowing water, a slight sound of the rustling leaves... It was like nature’s produced music, and Chaerin found it so peaceful and soothing.

 

As usual, she was sitting on the grass besides the lake, streaming her guitar and taking down some music notes. It was her hobby since childhood, composing music. She had so many notebooks filled with such compositions but due to her insecurities, she didn’t show them to anyone, not even her parents.

 

Eonjengan I nunmuri meomchugil

 Eonjengan I eodumi geodhigo

 Ttaseuhan haetsari I nunmureul mallyeojugil

 

 Jichin nae moseubi

 Jogeumsshik jigyeoweojineun geol neukkim--

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter