Unexpected Person

"Will I Ever Move On?"

*Next Morning

I woke up early, like usual and went downstairs heading to the garden. I walked to the fish pond and fed them. I sit down and hugged my knees with my head resting on my knees. I stared at the fish happily eating and swimming around in the pond. “Its fun being a fish isn’t it? You don’t have anything to worry about and just swim happily in the water.” I bitterly smiled and laughed thinking that if my brothers were to walk in right now they’d think that I’ve lost my mind. I stayed in the garden looking at the flowers and plants that my mother grew from when we just moved in. I sat at the swing while looking at the sun rising, greeting me with its bright light and warmness. I spun around happily because it’s been a long time since I saw the sun in the morning – well that’s what you get for locking yourself up all the time.

I heard my brother’s voice and quickly went inside so they didn’t suspect anything. After eating breakfast in such a hectic environment, I went back to my bedroom, busying myself with some cleaning. I was so busy cleaning I didn’t notice that time past by so quickly.

“Oh No! Its 11 already? I’m gonna be late” I was watching TV with my brothers when I looked up at the clock. My brother just looked at me with his big, round eyes. I just smile and scratched the back of my neck. I quickly went up the stairs and got ready. I went out of the house quietly so my brothers won’t ask many questions, but I left note for them on the fridge which was a reminder but I guess their alright with the maids looking after them.

I wore a black knee length shirt with dark coloured jeans and a pair of black converse. I walked to wards the park and saw that no one was there so I walked over to the playground towards a group of children “Hello! Can I join you guys?” I waved at them “Aren’t you a little old to play with us?” they all giggled “Hey! I’m not that old besides I’m lonely” I said looking disappointed “Sure!” they nodded and started to run away from me “Catch us if you can!” they shouted and laughed. It took some time when I realised that they wanted to play tag “You better run cause I’m gonna catch you!” I laughed and started to chase them. I loved to play with children since I’m the eldest and my cousins are at my youngest brother’s age. I was trying to catch my breath due to the running while all the children made a circle around me.

“You’re still good with children, I see” out of nowhere a familiar voice spoke to me, I turned around and there was a familiar person leaning against the tree. “Yeah” I said smiling at him “Hey” he waved at me and smiled “You’re so...so tall since I last say you? Is it too long since the last time we met?” I joked at him “Well, it’s been a month and a half now and I think I haven’t grown that much” we laughed when suddenly a girl asked me “Unnie, who is this?” she tilted her head looking at him “Well this ahjussi is my friend, Choi Minho!” I said pointing at him “HEY! I’m not an ahjussi little girl, you can call me oppa” he said while showing the smile girls would faint after seeing. “Do you think his handsome?” I asked her and she just nodded “Do you want me to be your boyfriend?” Minho asked which made the little girl’s face to turn bright red. “Hey! Don’t teach them something like that” I said to him while hitting his arm “Little girl, just forget what this ahjussi told you” I said to her receiving giggles from the group.

“Hey, I told you I’m not an ahjussi” he defended himself “Well to me you are” I stuck my tongue out “Haejung!” I heard someone called out my name. I turned towards where the voices came from and it was as expected, it was Jaejin and Mir. “Hope you didn’t wait long cause Mr. Lazy head here woke up so late” Jaejin just said after sitting at the bench “It’s okay! I had company” I said looking at the children “I told you she would be mad” Mir said while Jaejin just rolled his eyes “Haejung-ah!” I heard a familiar voice calling me and it was Hyunjoong. “What are you doing here with.....with them?” he asked pointing at the three “Well were gonna hang out” I said “Well if that’s the case, I follow you” he said sternly “Okay then” Minho said “Hey, are we waiting for someone else? I asked but the three of them just kept quiet. “Hey guys! Waited long?” a voice said and I turned around “You” we both said while pointing to each other”