60 Seconds

It's Not Easy

“Kyungrin, where are you?” CAP sternly asked.

“Don’t worry about me oppa, I’m fine. It’s Rinnie you should be worried about...” Kyungrin whispered.

“Why are you whispering?” CAP asked.

“The Infinite oppas are home.” She explained. Before she could say anything else, someone knocks on her door and Kyungrin panics.

“W-Who is it?” she shouts.

“It’s Woohyun oppa.”

“Just a minute!”

“Minsoo oppa, I need to go!” she silently shrieks into the phone.

“WAIT, Kyungie!” CAP shouts before she could end the call. “Can you sneak---“

“Yah, Kim Kyungrin, what are you doing in there?” Woohyun asks, impatient.

“A minute, oppa!” Kyungrin shouts again. “I’m... changing!”

“Nice save.” CAP compliments. “As I was saying, can you come out? Tonight?”

“I’ll try, Minsoo oppa. Text me the time and place.” Kyungrin hurriedly tells CAP. “I really have to go now, bye!”

Kyungrin shoves her phone under her pillow and makes her way the door and opens it. Woohyun is standing there, looking at her from head to toe.

“You were... changing?” Woohyun asks in a disbelieving tone.

“Uhh, did I say changing? I mean I was in the toilet.” She quickly covers up.

“Uhuh, sure.” Woohyun dismisses it even if he knew she was lying. He walks in her room and sits on her bed.

“What do you need?” Kyungrin asks Woohyun, hostility was obvious in the way she talked.

“Hey, relax, kiddo.” Woohyun smiles and lays back on her bed as Kyungrin glares at him. He was the one who supported everything Sunggyu had said the other night.

Woohyun looks to the side to see a picture on her study desk. She followed his eyes and saw what he was looking it. She gasps and dives for the picture, but Woohyun was too fast, he had grabbed it first.

“What is up with you two and these boys?” Woohyun asks her in distaste. He throws the frame in her direction and Kyungrin quickly runs over and catches it, sighing in relief. She looked at the picture and smiled a bit when she saw the picture of her and that certain blonde when they were at the beach the other month.

“Why couldn’t you or Rinnie just fall in love with someone in Infinite?” Woohyun continues blabbing on. “I mean, we ARE good looking.”

Kyungrin sighs and walks to her bathroom, slamming the door shut, hoping that when she gets out, Woohyun would’ve gotten the idea and left.

Ten minutes later, after a quick bath, Kyungrin comes out of the bathroom, relieved to see that no one was there. She quickly makes her way to her bed and grabs her phone from under her pillow.

 

I am CAP:

(12:07PM) In 2 hours, around 2 at Holly’s café near school.

 

Kyungrin checks the time.

“12:30...” She mumbles and quickly changes into new clothes and leaves her room.

She is greeted by Myungsoo who is sitting in the living room, reading the newspaper.

“Where are you going?” he asks, not looking up from whatever article he was reading.

“Out.” She mumbles and Myungsoo doesn’t say anything else. She’s jumping around on the inside, wanting to hug Myungsoo for giving her such an easy time to leave, but the happiness didn’t last because as she opened the door, Sunggyu is standing outside, watering the plants.

“And where do you think you’re going?” he asks, his eyes turning into slits.

“Away from you.” She rolls her eyes and dashes to her car. She quickly drives to the café and orders a caramel latte. She was an hour early, but she just wanted some alone time.

Sitting down at a booth in the far back, she quickly textes CAP, telling him she’d be there even if she was already there. Quietly sipping her latte, she recalled everything that has happened that led them to this...