The Chaser

It's Not Easy

"YAH, KIM HYERIN." A splitting image of the brunette shouted, banging on the door of her apartment. "OPEN THIS DOOR RIGHT NOW, OR I SWEAR."

"Go away, Kyungie." a muffled voice mumbled from the other side of the door.

"Hyerin," Kyungrin sighed. "It's been 3 days, come on. You have to come out."

Upon hearing no reply, the older twin shook her head in defeat and left the complex, driving back to the Woolim Estate.

Kyungrin couldn't help but tear up and let out strained muffles as she stopped at the red light two blocks from her sister's apartment. Part of her was crying because she knew she couldn't do anything for her sister, but another part was crying because she felt the pain Hyerin has to bear. Maybe it was the twin connection, but as of the moment, she hated herself for not being able to do anything.

Throwing her keys on the coffee table, she heads straight for her room on the third floor, trying ignoring anyone who tried to talk to her.

"Hey, how's---" She ignores Sungjong who walks out of the kitchen, walking straight pass him. Sungjong frowned, not because she disrespected him, but because he understood what she was going through. He was pretty close to the twins, and he wanted to defend them, but he was in no position to do so, especially since he was the youngest.

Upon reaching the second floor, she turns to walk the next flight of stairs, but was stopped by her brother grabbing her shoulder.

"Kim Kyungrin, where have you been?" The twins' older brother, Sunggyu, asks the older twin, but she shrugs him off and makes her way upstairs, only to be stopped again.

"YAH. I WAS TALKING TO YOU." Sunggyu shouted, grabbing her wrist and pulling her back downstairs. Kyungrin stumbbled down the stairs, but kept her head down, not looking at the older boy. Sure, she loved her brother, but for the first time, she wished she wasn't related to him.

Sunggyu, irritated at her attitude, roughly grabbed her chin and yanked it upwards, making her look at him. He did a double take at the look of her eyes. It bore so much hatred and he knew that hatred was pointed towards him.

"I hate you, oppa." she mumbles.

"W-What?" Sunggyu askes in surprise, his grip on her chin looses.

"I HATE you. If it wasn't for you, Rinnie wouldn't be in this mess." she hissed and pulled away, running upstairs.

Sunggyu stood there, speechless. He knew she was mad at him, but he didn't expect her to say she hated him.

Dongwoo comes out of his room after hearing the girl stomp upstairs.

"Hyung, are you okay?" he asks.

"I don't know..." Sunggyu whispered. "They're all I have left... What do I do?"

"Hyung..." Dongwoo pats Sunggyu's back. "Give them time."

 

Kyungrin angrily opens the door to her room and slams it shut before jumping into the comforts of her bed. She quietly sobs as she recalled what she told her brother.

"I hate you, oppa."

"I hate you..."

She knew deep inside that she couldn't hate her brother, but the past few days hasn't been the best days.

Wiping away her tears, she grabs her phone on the bedside table and turns it on to see 30 missed calls and 27 text messages. The first 5 missed calls were from Chunji, dating back to yesterday night. The next few calls were from Ricky earlier this morning and the last 12 calls were all from Sunggyu just 20 minutes ago when she snuck out of the house to see Hyerin. Clearing her call log, she opens her SMS.

 

Lee Chunjiii the Great:

(10:43PM) Hey you.

(10:55PM) Kyungrinnnnnnnn

(11:07PM) Hey, are you ok? Pick up my calls.

(11:24PM) I'm kidnapping you if you don't reply.

(12:00MN) IT'S A BRAND NEW DAY. SMILE, KYUNGIE.

(12:05PM) Why aren't you replying? You're not ignoring us, right?

(1:13AM) Good night, Kyungie. Everything will be ok.

 

(Lovely) Ricky:

(7:30AM) Older Rinnie, Chunji hyung told me you're not replying.

(7:34AM) I'm calling, ok?

(7:38AM) You didn't pick up. :( I'm calling again. You better pick up. -_________-

(7:40AM) You didn't pick up, AGAIN.

(7:41AM) Noona, please reply. :(

(7:50AM) Don't make me unleash my amazing FART POWERS.

(7:51AM) Bad joke. Reply, please?

 

Sunggyu Oppa:

(9:43AM) Where are you? You're not in the room. Hoya said he saw you drive off.

(10:15AM) You better be home by 11.

 

Ignoring the other messages that consisted of spam messages, she checked the clock on her table that indicated it was 11:50AM.

Tiptoeing to her door, she opened it to check if anyone was in the hallway. Seeing no one, she closes the door and locks it. She sits on her bed and starts dialing someone's number.

"Yeoboseyo?" A tired sounding voice spoke.

"OPPA." You quietly shouted in excitement.

"Kyungie?" The voice half shouted. And a bunch of voices shouting Kyungrin's name over and over were heard in the background.

"Minsoo oppa!"