Don't I

It's Not Easy

The Kim sisters were no doubt two of the smartest students in Epik High, because of that, the principle offered them a once in a life time chance, to study in Shinhwa Private High School on scholarships. The two sisters quickly agree while their older brother was reluctant to let them do so, after all, their worst rival, the gang of Shinhwa Private High School, Teen Top, studies there. But after much begging, he couldn’t say no and let the sisters go. Throughout the whole time in Shinhwa, the sisters agreed to never speak of their older brother, especially since they were on so-called enemy territory.

 

One eventful day in the middle of the school year, without a clue, the two sisters run into one of the Teen Top members.

“Yah, Rinnie, I don’t think you do it like that.” Kyungrin quietly scolds her younger sister who tries to scan the barcode at the back of the book on the scanner. They were currently at the library trying to check books out.

“But isn’t this it’s use?” Hyerin innocently asks.

“Well, yeah.” Kyungrin laughs. “But you’ve been doing that for the past minute, I don’t think it’s working.”

After several more tries, Hyerin huffs in annoyance and glances at the librarian who was napping on her table.

“Seriously? What kind of librarian naps when there are hundreds of students in the library at this hour?” Kyungrin rolls her eyes.

“You two need help?” Someone asks from behind them. They turn back to see a brown haired boy with thick lips.

“Yes, please.” The two chorused. Niel chuckled and grabbed the book from Hyerin’s hands. He opens it to the last page of the book, a sticker of a barcode stuck there. He scans it and hands it back to the girl.

“OMG, RINNIE.” Kyungrin stares at the screen, wide-eyed and Hyerin facepalms.

“Just scan your ID next, and that book is all yours.” Niel explains.

“Thank you so much!” Kyungrin bows as Hyerin scans her ID.

“Kim Hyerin?” Niel reads.

“Yes?” Hyerin asks.

“Oh, nothing.” Niel chuckles and looks at the older twin. “Since your twins... I’m guessing your name is... Saerin? Hyemi?”

“Nope, and no.” Kyungrin giggles. “Kyungrin.”

“That was my next guess.” Niel tells them and the two giggles.

“I’m sorry, we didn’t catch your name.” Hyerin smiles.

 “Niel, Ahn Daniel.” Niel introduces, bowing like a gentleman.

“It was nice meeting you, Niel.” The two smiled. “We’ll see you around.”

 

And, well, Niel was friendly. Thus, the two met the rest of Teen Top. But, the two gave off a funny first impression.

 

About a day or two after the library incident, the twins were happily eating lunch in the air-conditioned cafeteria. Only the two sat at the table since they liked to keep to themselves, and the students don’t seem to like them, because they’re from ‘another world’ where money isn’t easily thrown around.

In the middle of their conversation, someone slams a tray on their table. The twins look up to see Niel with 2 other boys.

“Oh! Hi, Niel!” The two greeted.

“Hi,” Niel smiled. “Mind if we sit here?”

“Not at all.” Hyerin smiled as Kyungrin scooted over for the others to sit.

“Hello!” One of the two boys greeted. He had blue hair and a cute face.

“Hi!” Kyungrin chimed and Hyerin shyly waved at the blue haired boy.

“I’m Ricky!” He introduced. “And this is Changjo.”

 

And that was where it all started. Where the twins started hanging out with Niel and Ricky, Changjo tagging along once in a while. The two hadn’t met the last three members yet, therefore, they didn’t know the trio was part of Teen Top. Until...

 

It was another peaceful day at lunch with Niel, Ricky and Changjo until 3 boys stumbled into the cafeteria with black eyes and bloody knuckles.

“HYUNGS.” The three shouted, standing up and running over to support their hyungs. They slowly lead them to the table they were sitting at.

“OMG, are you okay?” Kyungrin squeals, running over to the three bruised boys, Hyerin following suit.

“Does it hurt?” Kyungrin asks L. Joe, trying to grab his bleeding knuckles, but he pulls away glaring at her.

“Of course it hurts, idiot.” He hissed.

“Well, so-rry for asking.” She rolled her eyes.

“You should take them to the infirmary.” Hyerin advices and Niel nods and all of them make their way to the infirmary. Upon arriving in the infirmary, they remembered it was lunch time, hence the lack of people inside. But since the door was unlocked, they went in anyway.

“Set them on the sofa.” Hyerin instructed as the two run around, trying to find the things they need.

“Is it gonna hurt?” Chunji asks Kyungrin as she kneels in front of him.

“A tiny bit.” She answers.

“Okay, but I’m warning you, I have a low tolerance for pain.” Chunji admits and Hyerin giggles at his confession while patching up CAP who was in the worst condition.

“I think you broke your wrist.” Hyerin tells CAP who tries to rotate his left wrist, but he hisses in pain. “It’s fine, I don’t think it’s that bad. It’ll heal in 3 weeks or so.”

“Brace yourself!” Kyungrin tells Chunji as she dabs a bit of disinfecting agent on the deep cut on his cheek. “Ricky! Come blow on the wound so it won’t hurt.”

Ricky quickly shuffles over and starts blowing on the wound while Kyungrin cleans up the rest of his wounds.

After patching up Chunji, Hyerin not done with CAP who needed stitches, Kyungrin moved on to L. Joe who fell asleep waiting. Kyungrin saw pieces of glass sticking out of the wound on his arm.

“Ouch.” Hyerin mumbled, seeing the pieces of glass. Kyungrin stood up and grabbed a pair of tweezers before making her way back to L. Joe.

“Hey.” She shook him. L. Joe slowly opened his eyes and groaned in pain.

“C’mon, I’ll pull it out.” She told him, pulling his arm towards her. She slowly began to pull the shards out.

“HEY!” L. Joe jerked in pain.

“Sorry.” She sheepishly grinned.

“How did this happen anyway?” Hyerin asked as she finished wrapping a bandage around CAP’s wrist and neck.

“Block B attacked.” L. Joe sneered before groaning in pain again as Kyungrin plucked another piece out.

“Block B...?” Hyerin gulped. “As in the gang Block B...?”

“Hell, yeah! And the hyungs beat them into a pulp!” Ricky cheered. “Teen Top is indestructible.”

“T-Teen Top...?” Kyungrin repeated, dropping the tweezers and Hyerin stopped bandaging as well.

“Yeah,” Niel proudly grinned. Changjo raised an eyebrow at how the two froze.

“What’s wrong?” he asked, actually speaking up.

“N-Nothing,” Kyungrin nervously laughed.

“Anyway, why are you two so good at this stuff?” Niel asked, biting into an apple he brought along.

“Uh...” Hyerin gulped. She couldn’t just tell her brother’s worst enemies that the two helped patch Infinite up whenever they got injured.

“Classes!” Kyungrin quickly said.

“You girls had... First aid classes?” Chunji asked, raising an eyebrow.

“YEAH, WE DID.” Kyungrin loudly replied as Hyerin vigorously nodded. When the boys weren’t paying attention, the twins looked at each other wide-eyed.