How I And Your Dad Become A We (1/?)

How I and Your Dad Become a 'We'

Ryung mindlessly scribbled on his notebook, his cheek resting in the palm of his hand, blank eyes stuck on the pages out of boredom. The bullet-like words coming out of his teacher’s mouth sounded like muffled voices and incoherent. His mind was truly focused on his father’s earlier promise.

 

I wonder how dads’ were before their marriage. He mused.

 

His train of thoughts came to an abrupt halt when something hit his head from behind and he immediately twisted his waist in alarm to see the culprit. His brown almost dark eyes instantly met the round brown eyes of the all too familiar figure of a girl with long braids. Her eyes wide with interest and her full lips quirked upwards into a bright smile.

 

He quirked an eyebrow at her, silently questioning her to why she threw something at him in the middle of the class. She motioned at the crippled sheet landed on his desk and he casted a quick questioning glance at her before he turned towards the front and retrieved the said paper.

 

He unravels the crippled sheet slowly. He was not surprised by the two pieces of sweets founded in it because that friend of his likes to give sweet things to him. He noticed some words scribbled rather messily on the green sheet with a small smiling face drawn at the end of the sentences.

 

He subconsciously smiled. So unlady like.

 

What’re you thinking? It read. Ryung glanced at his awaiting friend once again just for assurance. Replied with a bright smile, he looked back at the sheet and took his pen and without hesitation, wrote on the sheet.

 

Just about my dads. I’ll tell you later in recess.

 

He crippled the sheet and nonchalantly threw the piece backwards and the said girl skilfully caught the sheet in between her slender fingers. Ryung heard the familiar soft giggles from behind him and a small smile crept to his face once again, out of his acknowledge. He turned around to see confirmation from the girl.

 

He was met a wide smile and crescent eyes and two fingers forming an ‘o’. Ok. She mouthed, two rows of white pearl teeth showing. Ryung turned around with a smirk.

 

The lessons went pretty fast for the young Jeon afterwards and he almost didn’t notice the bell ringing. Not long after, two small pale hands slammed his desk and he raised his head to lock eyes with the owner of the hands. He doesn’t even need to look at the face to know who those beautiful hands belong to.

 

“Ryungie, let’s go recess!” The girl in front piped cheerfully and Ryung doesn’t even fight the urge to smile at her star-like smile. If it were any girls, he would have just given them the cold shoulders or simply glare at them but it’s always different for this one and only, Lee Lulu.

 

“Yea, let’s go.” He gave a small smile before rummaging his school bag in search for his lunch box. “What did you bring for lunch?” Lulu leaned over the desk, casually resting her chin in her palm as she waited for his friend.  “I don’t know. I think my dad packed me—oh, found it. I think he packed sushi for me.”

 

“Which dad? The lovely or the hyper one?” She asked knowingly. That had Ryung smiling widely for a brief second.

 

The lovely one was referred to Taehyung because he’s as gentle and caring like a mother would be although he would be worse than the devil itself at some occasions.The hyper one referred to none other than Jungkook because of his hyperactive personality and very sporty.

 

She knows exactly how to differenciate his parents, not like other people Ryung have known of.

 

“The lovely one, of course.”

 

He placed an adult-sized lunch box on the table and grinned at the grinning female. “Let’s go to the rooftop.”

 

 

 

 

 

“So, what do you have for me?” Lulu asked, scooping some rice into . The both of them had sat at the corner of the rooftop, having the view of the ground and the rest of the school perfectly from there. The wind was blowing smoothly through their skin. That’s why Ryung like having his lunch with his friend there. It’s cool and calm, and definitely fans-free environment.

 

Ryung popped a salmon-coated rice ball into his wide opened mouth and chewed on it slowly, enjoying his father’s homemade sushi with bless. “I was just wondering how my parents are like before they were married, you know.”

 

Lulu’s round eyes beamed in interest at the mention and she scoots closer to the claret-haired male to hear more although it was unnecessary of her to do so. Arm of her unoccupied hand resting casually on Ryung’s thigh her chin rested in her palm. It has become kind of their nature to lean closer to each other every time they have this kind of conversation, be it family’s issues or just their interesting experiences, anything that is in personal conversations.

 

“How do you think they would be like?” Lulu questioned and Ryung pondered whether her light brown eyes could get any bigger than they are already.

 

“I don’t know. Probably they weren’t on good terms when they first met.” Ryung nonchalantly took some of Lulu’s butter chicken and scooped it into his mouth, chewing on the delicious meat.

 

He didn’t miss the visible frown making its way on her crescent-shaped eyebrows afterwards. “Ehhh? Why? Why would you think that way?” She unconsciously pouts. Ryung questioned himself whether he bit on his tongue on purpose or the other way around because his fingers were twitching to pinch her puckered lips.

 

“Because dad, Taehyung, told me one wouldn’t be as happy as he is now without facing challenges in his past. So I figured they weren’t on the same page before.” He popped open a bottle of fruit punch and drink from it.

 

“Really? But they were so lovely when I last saw them.” Lulu mumbled, shifting slightly to give room for the boy to drink his juice.

 

“Like I said. Before. That’s what I wanted to find out.” Wiping off the excess of the juice from his lips with his sleeve, he placed the container aside and continued eating. “He promised me he’ll tell after I finished my homework. What a nice daddy.” He rolled his eye jokingly at no one in particular at his recall of his past conversation with Taehyung.

 

“But why’re you so interest in knowing about it?”

 

Ryung clicked his tongue. “Duh. For experience, obviously.” The ravenette pouted.

 

“Tch. It’s not like you’re getting married or anything.” She retorted. “But I will be sooner or later.” He stuck his tongue out. Lulu did the same to him.

 

She continued to eat her lunch silently, as if she’s sulking and Ryung just smiled a bit on the QT at her before resuming eating.

 

That was just a part of it. He told her mentally. He watched her chewing on her chicken with delight. His smile widens briefly before he shoved a piece of sushi into his hungry mouth. His eyes went blank again as he remembered his conversation with Taehyung few years back, 6 approximately.

 

 

 

 

“I’m not your real dad, you know that right?”

 

 

 

He shook his head a bit to dismiss that thought. He sighed breathlessly. Suddenly he missed his dads.

 

 

 

 

“I regret making that deal with that kid.” Taehyung mumbled, voice muffled as he pressed his face into the cold desk. Jimin rolled his eyes as he sets his set of equipment neatly on the desk. He shoved at his slightly long bangs aside and glanced at his best friend, who is mopping on the surface of the metal.

 

“Alright. What did you do this time?” Jimin asked in a matter-of-fact tone.

 

He knows of Taehyung’s ooey-gooey side when it comes to his kids. Taehyung would be all tough and feisty at a moment but then suddenly, mother figure mode ON! And he would all cooing and sweet and giving for his two kids that could put mothers into shame.

 

When he was replied with a groan and some incoherent muffled words from the younger due to his face being squished to the surface, he sighed.

 

“You promised him you would give something to him in return of finishing his works.” He guessed, more like stated, calmly. Taehyung bobbed his head.

 

“He used his aegyo on you, even though it was unintentional.”

 

Another nod.

 

“…you promised him you would tell him about Jimin?”

 

“...I didn’t exactly hint him about her but technically, yes.”

 

Jimin palmed himself in the face. “If telling him about your and Kookie’s before and after marriage life, that’s the same as revealing who he really is.” He said, as if he’s been there the whole time when Taehyung decided to give Ryung all the detail he wanted. Or needed.

 

Taehyung grunted. Although he didn’t want to admit it, Jimin could be very accurate in guessing things and seeing through people’s masks, even to the point of knowing exactly what happened in the back of someone’s mind. Even though he was mostly an idiot who laughs around and teasing people.

 

“Does Kookie knows about this?” Jimin asked warily. Again, Taehyung nodded meekly. “My god, you little ...” Jimin pinched at the bridge of his nose. Taehyung slumped further in his seat.

 

I hope he’s asleep by the time I got home. He thought hopefully (not).

 

 


if anything, this is shorter than i intended it to be. this is done in a rush bc i, unfortunately, am gonna be away in a long VERY LONG hiatus bc i'm starting on school next week nd my dad' s taking my phone from me by the start of it T^T

so, no updates for weeks like for weeks maybe months (yea i'm not ting with you now MONTHS) so i'm so sorry! i may try sneak out some time to write nd update whenever i can but till then it'll be very long