Prologue

How I and Your Dad Become a 'We'

Note : Jeon Jung Ryung is their eldest son. Jeon Tae Ryung is their youngest son. Taehyung, in this story, is now named Jeon Taehyung. So, Jungkook’s like the father figure while Taehyung’s like the mother figure. I’m sorry if I portrayed Taehyung as a bit of a woman but like I said, he’s like the mom figure. Then again, I’m sorry if it’s not in your liking. I respect the alien as a man. I DO. But for the sake of this story, I kind of...change it.....(Don’t kill me)Don’t misunderstood, I’m not writing him as a woman. I just added more mother qualities to him.

 

I was thinking on changing his gender but it would be weird for me to write so please bear with me. TT_TT

 

Jungkook and Taehyung are around 30s, Jung Ryung 15 and Tae Ryung 5.

 

I called Jung Ryung as Ryung and Tae Ryung as Taeryung, just so you wouldn’t be confused when who’s Jungkook calling as ‘Tae’. (Tae is Taehyung, Taeryung is the baby,).....What am I babbling about.

 

Whatever. Enjoy!

p/s : i've edited some of the nicknames

 

________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

“Jeon Jungkoooooookkk!!!”

 

The said ravenette stopped midway from scooping another spoonful of milk bathed cereal at the screaming, eyes blinking innocently at the male standing at the kitchen door rather pissed off, a full baby’s bottle in his left hand while his other hand resting on his hip.

 

Jungkook stared at the fuming chocolate haired man blankly, eyes darting to his face then to the bottle, then back to his face. Then he recalled his earlier did and an invisible light bulb flashed on top of his head at the memory.

 

He smiled sheepishly at the annoyed man, finally knew why the brunette was mad and to what he’s mad about.

 

“Cereal, babe?” He tried, raising the spoonful of cereal in the air, in an offering motion for the brunette.

 

“Jungkook.” The brunette’s voice dripping with threat, he crossed his arms over his clothed chest and furrowed his eyebrows, showing that he’s serious. Jungkook grinned nervously, slowly scooped the cereal into his mouth despite the brunette’s visible annoyance.

 

“Did you actually mix liquor with our kid’s milk?”

 

Jungkook scratched the back of his neck and laughed out of nervousness. This hyung is scary when he’s angry.

 

“…Yea?”

 

Taehyung, or now mostly known as Jeon Taehyung, gritted his teeth and the corner of his lips twitched. This stupid husband of his is just so...

 

“Explain to me why in the he—world did you put liquor in his drink? Do you want him to get drunk in the nursery or something? He’s 5 years old, for god sake!” Taehyung half yelled at the chuckling ravenette. He was so going to curse if it wasn’t for the presences of the kids in the house.

 

“What? I’m just teaching him how to get used to it. You know, like what you said, teach them at the early age?” Taehyung slammed the bottle to the island dramatically. “I did not, absolutely did NOT meant this! You’re gotta be serious. And since when did drinking is a symbol of maturity, I must ask?”

 

“Then again, I should have just feed it straight to the little guy if I knew you were gonna taste it.” Jungkook grinned.

 

“Don’t you dare—” Taehyung dashed towards Jungkook across the island and the said man immediately shoved the rest of the cereal into his mouth, drink the milk in one go before running away before Taehyung could claw his skin, cackling like a madman with his mouth full of cereal and milk.

 

“Jeon Jungkook, come back here!” The brunette yelled and chased after the ravenette around the living room, knocking off some of the furniture while doing so, Jungkook laughing uncontrollably while ducking every attempts of hold from Taehyung. The loud yelling and laughing of the both of them managed to block them from realizing a certain auburn haired young boy stepped into the living room with a gawking expression.

 

“Dad, dad, you’re both making ruckus early in the morning. You’re gonna scare the neighbours away.”

 

At the voice similar to that of Jungkook but a bit tad softer and blank, both of the men stopped in their track with Taehyung grabbing at Jungkook’s collar and Jungkook raising his hands in surrender motion.

 

The married couple turned towards the owner of the voice and spotted a young boy in his early 15 years of life dressed in casual attire (his school doesn’t required school uniforms), one strap of his school bag slung over his shoulder, ready to go to school. It looks like there’s a second Jeon Jungkook.

 

“Ryung honey! Good morning!” Taehyung previous anger immediately dispersed into his usual morning cheerfulness as he looked at their eldest son. Jungkook grinned his trademark bunny tooth at his son. “Morning, kiddo.”

 

“Morning, dads.” Despite his monotonous tone, Jeon Jung Ryung smiled warmly at his two parents. He dropped his bag on one of the white leather sofas and plopped onto it. “What’re you bickering about?”

 

“Oh, we’re not bickering. I’m just scolding your beloved daddy over here for mixing liquor in your brother’s milk.” Taehyung’s earlier cheerful expression turned dark and scary in a second flat as soon as he looked at his husband who’s now grinning like crazy in his hold. Ryung’s face resembles to that of amusement at that mentioned.

 

“Seriously? Cool.” He snickered. Taehyung sighed and his grips loosen unconsciously. “There’s no cool in that. It’s like poisoning your brother, Jeon Jung Ryung.” He said to the red haired boy sitting on the sofa and the said male rolled his eyes jokingly. This little guy really is starting to become the second Jungkook, the brunette thought intensely.

 

Jungkook, aware of the grip on his collar loosening, immediately took the chance and yelled, “Jeon Taehyung!”

 

Taehyung cringed at the volume; he is just a few inches away from the ravenette. “Yah, yo—umph!”

 

Taehyung was caught off guarded when Jungkook crashed his cold lips to Taehyung’s warm ones and the latter unintentionally let go of his collar, and Jungkook cut the surprise kiss with a grin before he ran off, up the stairs childishly with a loud disclaimer of ‘freedom!!!’.

 

Taehyung stood dumbfounded with a priceless look on his face at the spot with an amused Ryung in the sofa, staring at the direction where his dad ran off to. The brief awkward silence was cut with Ryung who spoke first.

 

“For 15 years of my life, I still could not get used to that, or whatever dad did.”

 

Taehyung blinked his eyes blankly before sighing. “Same goes to me. Your dad is always unexpected.” He said monotonously, matching his son’s tone.

 

“Usually I was the one with the ‘unexpectedness’ but we kinda switched characters right after you were born.” Ryung raised an eyebrow in mock offend. “Really? Now you’re blaming me, dad? Fascinating.”

 

Taehyung clicked his tongue and waved his hand at his son. “No, no such thing. It’s just that I find it quite funny if I compare the both of us with the us from our adolescences, or at our early marriage amendedly.”

 

Ryung’s face beamed at the mention of his parents’ teenage years, before he and Taeryung, his little brother, brought extra lights into their lives.

 

“How was it? Your moments with dad? Before you married each other off? Huh? Huh??” He asked, hopping on the sofa he’s on eagerly, eyes wide with anticipation. Taehyung brought his hands up in a surrender motion at his son’s sudden hyperactivity.

 

“Woa, woa. Eager, I see. This is my and your dad’s private memories, understand, young man? So I can’t just spill out everything to you.” Taehyung pulled Ryung onto his feet and pushed the boy out of the living room and into the dining room. The boy pouted visibly at his dad’s disagreement on spilling out everything to him.

 

Seeing the irresistibly cute pout settling perfectly on his son’s red lips, earned a smile from Taehyung as his son looks exactly like his husband when he’s sulking. This son’s facial appearance of his really did almost all of them resembles the ravenette.

 

Big doe eyes with baby fat settling underneath them, prominent nose but smaller than Jungkook’s, high strong cheekbones, cute bunny teeth just like his and red lips. Hair dyed in brick red hue, giving off the cute but cool and handsome touches to his features (Ryung secretly dyed his hair when Taehyung and Jungkook were out in one of Jungkook’s business trip). Only his interesting eyebrows and sharp jawline resembled that of Taehyung’s. But mostly he looked exactly like Jungkook, especially when his height is to the point of reaching Jungkook’s ear, quite tall for his age.

 

Taehyung had heard quite a lot about his eldest son’s being chased around by girls almost every day at school. At the house, the younger female residents are being a bit polite due to the parents’ presences and also for the fact that the Jeon family is quite influential and powerful.

 

Being polite means not chasing after his son around like he’s an idol or openly and straightforwardly ask him out with faces caked with layers of make-ups. In Taehyung’s defence, girls’ faces with heavy make-ups are scary and unconfident.

 

Those girls should learn to believe in themselves if they wanted to get on people’s good side. Taehyung thought as he pushed the sulking boy onto one of the cushy seats at the dining table. Taehyung went into the kitchen to get the breakfast and set them on the table; a huge carton of milk, strawberries, pancakes and three mugs of hot chocolate. Taehyung, eventhough still slightly mad at the so-called husband of his for trying to get their youngest son drunk, he’s still his husband and he love his hubby so being the caring and loving one, still prepared one drink for him.

 

Taehyung took one of the mugs and sipped on the chocolate drink. He looked at his son, still in his sulking mode, didn’t even touch the meal, not even his favourite chocolate drink. Taehyung rolled his eyes.

 

“Eat up, you big baby. You’re going to get gastric if you don’t take your breakfast.” Ryung puffed his cheeks. The mother figure of the parents smiled.

 

“Come on. I’ll tell if you eat your breakfast.” Taehyung tried. And it worked. Ryung finally looked at him but his pout was still visible. “Really?”

 

God, he looked like a kicked puppy, just like his dad.Taehyung’s smile widen, mentally melting at his own son’s natural aegyo.

 

“Of course. If you eat your breakfast. If not, no entertainment for you, mister.”

 

With that, Jung Ryung’s already stuffing pancakes into his mouth with some strawberries. “I’m eating I’m eating!” The brunette wanted to laugh but he bit his lips in order to stop himself from hurting his son’s feeling. It’s just that it’s so funny if you look at how the boy looks like with his mouth stuffed with pancakes, like a squirrel stuffing nuts into its mouth.

 

“You’re gonna tell me after this, right?” Ryung said with his eyes narrowed, hand wiping the bits of food from his mouth with a napkin. Taehyung finished his drink and put on a very bright smile on his face.

 

“After you’re done with your school works for today after school, that is.”

 

Ryung groaned and slumped over his seat helplessly, looking a bit pathetically cute. “I knew it. I shouldn’t have eaten just now.” A whimper made out of his mouth, earning a chuckle from his mom.

 

Both of them didn’t realize Jungkook who had already descended the stairs with his briefcase and a black blazer slung over his shoulder, tie undone, his white crisp shirt tucked in black pants and his black hair coifed.

 

He smiled at the close interactions between the son and the dad, before he suddenly jumped behind Ryung who’s had his head rested against the chair’s back rest with a loud “Haaa!!” and kissed the tip of the shocked to death son’s nose and skipped towards behind Taehyung.

 

“Ow—Dad!” Ryung whined as he shot up on his seat in shock and embarrassment, harshly wiping his nose. “Dad, you scared me! I’m gonna have a heart attack for the second time already this morning and don’t kiss me! I’m not a kid anymore.” Ryung mumbled, cheeks tainted with red.

 

“For me you are. And what? It’s not like your friends are here. And you love my kisses.” Jungkook grinned (you could hear the kid’s groaning bashfully in the background) and peeked at Taehyung’s temple and mumbled, “You’re still mad?”

 

The brunette eyed him sharply but he just sighed and rested the left side of his face on the back of his hand. “No.” Jungkook smiled, putting the briefcase on one of the cushion chairs and took the full mug in his hand, not before sending a look to his blank husband.

 

I’ll make it up for you, okay?

 

Taehyung narrowed his eyes at his husband’s attempts in response. You better be.

 

Jungkook chuckled as he drinks the hot thick liquid, knowing full well of what the older was saying, even without him saying it out loud. They’ve been together for years, enough to know what each other’s thinking or what they want.

 

“Did you change Taeryung’s milk?” Jungkook asked as he placed the now empty mug on the table. “Of course I did. What, you think I would let the kid, beyond underage, drunk on his way through kindergarten? No way, mister.” Taehyung snarled.

 

“But I was teaching him how to be a man.” Jungkook pouted childishly. Despite his age, Ryung (who was not so secretly eavesdropping on their conversation across the table) had to admit, his dad did look at least cute.

 

A bit.

 

“Not in any of that way, Jeon Jungkook.” Taehyung tugged at his undone red necktie and Jungkook spontaneously ducks down for Taehyung, who’s lazy enough to not even want to stand up to help him, to easily done the necktie.

 

It’s been kind of one of their morning routines, Jungkook purposely leaves his necktie hang on his neck undone and Taehyung helping him with it (although the ravenette knows how to tie a necktie obviously better than Taehyung, he insisted on the older to do it for him, something about being a good husband—wifey, he amended which earned him a smack on the head from the brunette before).

 

“And letting your sons watching rated PG-18 movies are definitely not one of the options, too.”

 

Jungkook crinkled his nose because yes, Jungkook had allowed the boys watching those kinds of movies late at night several times and Taehyung had been fuming for over a week every time he does that. Both the boys and the dad weren’t allowed to even get near the TV remote control for three months.

 

“Hey, leave me out of this. I’m innocent.” Ryung piped, dramatically slamming his fist on the mahogany table. Taehyung casted a threatening look at the boy for a second and the poor boy immediately shrinks for, a moment.

 

“The one who obliges is at fault, too.”

 

“How come Taeryung doesn’t get into this topic, anyways?”

 

“Because that brother of yours is innocent and do I have to remind you? He’s five.” Ryung inaudibly snorted. “And yet you forbidden him from touching the remote control last month.” Taehyung jut gave him a lopsided grin that managed to sent chills running up the poor boy's spine. “To teach him the cruelty the world could give once you’re in the wrong doings.”

 

The youngest of the three groaned. “The love I feel in this house.”

 

Taehyung laughed and pats Jungkook’s shoulder blade after he finished the tie. “Done.” Jungkook grinned happily and was about to reply to the older when he felt his tie being tugged downwards and the next thing he knew, his lips were pressed firmly onto the brunette’s warm lips.

 

Taehyung didn’t forget to his lips before he pulled away, giving away his trademark smirk that had Jungkook melting all the time since the 20th year of his life. “Chocolate on your lips, baby.”

 

Uh-uh. He did not just do that. He did not just decided to so ing early in the morning.

 

“Ewww…gross. Dad, dad, get a room.” Ryung’s face scrunched up in mock disgust, hands crossed over his faceto block the view. The parents could only laugh his attempts away and not long after, Jungkook had Taehyung ushering him to work because even though he is the boss of the prestigious Jeon Corporation company, he still needed to discipline himself and shows good examples for his co-workers and staffs.

 

“You still are gonna tell me after school, right?” Taehyung looked down at his son who has his puppy eyes mode on and all glittering and , even while he’s tying his converse sneakers. Taehyung chuckled because this kid still attempts to know his and Jungkook’s pasts as ‘together’.

 

He crouched down beside the bundle of fluff and ruffled the claret hued hair of his. “Yea yea, I promise.”

 

With just that, Ryung’s trademark handsome smile went into display and he hugged his mother-like dad briefly before rushing out of the house with a loud “Thanks dad and bye!”.  Taehyung just blinked his eyes at his son’s previous acts and after a moment of pacing, he let out a short and low laugh, pretty much amused by the younger.

 

“He really is expecting our experiences.” Taehyung smiled. But something about his smile seemed a bit forced and it screams brief grievousness. But it was short-lived as another warm and bright heart-shaped smile splits his face.

 

He turned around towards the stairs and climbed up the steps while singing a soft lullaby, intending on waking up his another baby for school. As he took the fifth steps, he remembered the small yet meaningful conversation happened between his mother and his barely 20 years old self.

 

 

 

 

“Mom, exactly how did you and dad got together?”

 

“Well, it’s hard to say. Love is not all about flowers and running around a field of daffodils with your loved one. Nothing like that at all. It’s more than that.”

 

“How’s that?”

 

“Well, do you like pain, hon?”

 

“Of course not. I’d be a crazy psychopath if I do.”

 

“Language, young man. And yes, you would be if you do. Nobody like pain excluding the crazy murderers and blood-thirsty people and all,”

 

“—but all and all, in order to see the rainbow, you need a bit of the rain, right?"

 

 

 

 

Somehow he couldn't get those words of wisedom from his mother years ago away from lingering in his mind. Not that he wanted to.

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

In case you wanna know why taeryung is still drinking milk from a baby’s bottle for his age, let’s just say I’m lazy as to write down the details rn and that the kid preferred bottles than some round tips that can’t even fit his mouth.

But do tell me if something’s wrong like grammar mistakes bc I’d be truly grateful

 

I’M  OUT. PEACE