~2~Nervousness

Secret Heart
"Don't you dare try to bite your nails again Hyejin!"  Yelled the make-up unnie at Hyejin for the fourth time after she noticed her biting her now not-really-perfect manicured nails.
 
She couldn't help it, she was terrified.  She had actually gotten the role.  She felt anxious, she didn't want to make a mistake and then be a joke.  Especially at school, the place she dreaded the most.  She used to like school before, when she was unknown to her classmates and she could pass all her classes with A's without anyone else even knowing.  Everything changed after her first commercial, when the rest of the students noticed what she was up to.  It all came down to the typical comments of her trying to be better than anyone else when reality was she was doing something that helped her cope with her emotions.
 
"I wont but isn't there something to snack on? I feel nervous enough."
"Jin you'll just gain weight that way." A teasing masculine voice was heard.
 
One of the other reasons she was nervous: him.  She would never admit it, but she liked when he was playful and when he . Made him seem much younger, closer to her age.
 
"If only you had a girlfriend that you could tease so you could leave me alone... Then again, she would dump you for having the worst timing ever!"  She yelled at him.
 
She was cranky now.  She didn't need him closer than he already was.  She didn't want him in her dressing room, or at least not now, not while she's still freaking out.
 
"Geez Jin, are you really that nervous?" He asked coming closer to her.  "Relax." He decided to come closer to her and rub her shoulders, but as soon as his hands touched her shoulders she panicked.
"Jonghyun, could you not do that? Please.."
 
Jonghyun studied her posture.  She leaned forward and had her eyes closed.  He immediately complied hoping she wouldn't mention it to Yonghwa.  Otherwise he would be in trouble.
 
"I'm so-
"Hyejin you're needed on set!"
 
**********
A month had passed since filming started but for Hyejin it felt even longer.  She loved filming but she used to be able to tell everything that happened afterwards to Yonghwa.  Now that wasn't the case.  With his upcoming solo debut and his new object of affection he barely had time for her like he used to.
 
Hanging out with Hongki was great, but she felt more secure with Yonghwa, like nothing bad could happen to her.  She had been having nightmares again, mostly about her father, whom she hoped was still in prison.  She had even asked Hongki to stay with her a couple of times but that was short lived since it almost created a scandal.  No one saw her get out of the building, but they did recognize Hongki exiting from a building they knew he didn't reside in.
 
After that incident happen she had taken to sleeping in FT Island's recording studio.  The one that Yonghwa usually used would be occupied by him nonetheless and for now no one would catch her here.  The couch was comfy so it definitely was a plus, but she was starting to miss her own bed.  But what can you do when the person that you could've depended on for this situation is now terribly busy?
 
RING!
 
.... Or not...
 
"Hyejin-ah, where the hell are you?"
"I'm in FT's recording studio, wae?"
"You're supposed to be home. Why aren't you home? I came to surprise you and kept ringing the bell and no one answered, I panicked!"
"Oppa you can't react like that every time I'm not home. What if I was busy with friends?"
"Jin the other friend you have is from school and you don't even hang out with him outside of it, other than that is me and Hongki and he said he wasn't with you.  You know what? Nevermind.  I'll tell Jonghyun to bring you home, he's at FNC right now.  It's too late for you to come back by yourself and I just want you to come home safe ok?"
"Whatever."
 
It just doesn't make sense.  Why would he say something so hurtful?  I know I can count my friends with only one hand, but is it that terrible?
 
Wait, he said.... Oh sweet shisus. Damn, let me try and change before he gets here. He can't see me in these.
 
Hyejin hurriedly looked for her jeans and her bra.  She didn't mind her shirt but the fact that you could see the s through it and the pants marked everything wasn't that great.  She grabbed a shirt and threw it over the security camera and quickly changed her pants, but she wasn't quick enough with her shirt.  After pulling her shirt down and turning around she was surprised by Jonghyun standing there speechless.
 
"Crap! And you had to be there? Oh damn, just great."  She said mortified.
"I don't think Yonghwa would approve of that vocabulary little miss." He .
"And I don't believe he would be too happy with you walking in while I was changing so he doesn't need to know either one."  She huffed and went over to grab the t-shirt back from the security camera.
 
She silently went to her bag and put her things back in there, not caring to fold them. She closed the bag and went ahead of him towards the parking lot.  She knew how his car looked like and where he parked.  Not that she ever had ridden in his car before but because she would always notice where he was everywhere, as if she had a satellite that was always looking for his signal. Whenever she would go to the parking lot with Yonghwa she would spot him immediately.
 
"Did you have dinner?" He asked as nicely as he could.  He could tell she was in a bad mood.
 
Then again she was always in a bad mood around him and he wondered why.
 
When she started in the company she was shy but still sweet.  As the months passed by he noticed Hyejin started talking a bit more with everyone, but she always kept her distance from him.  He had talked to Yonghwa about it since it was known he was the closest one with her in the company, but he didn't think much about it after their talk.  It was really starting to bother him now.  They have been working together in a drama, and they had plenty of scenes together, but now it felt like she was avoiding him rather than being shy.
 
He was determined to get to the bottom of it and fix it.
 
"I did."
"Liar, you hesitated.  Wanna go get some sushi?"  He asked knowing it was her favorite courtesy of the leader himself.
"Damn.  Can't say no to that." She said defeated.  It had been over a month since she last went to eat Japanese.  The last time she went also with him, but at least she had Yonghwa.  Now they would be alone.