Part 2 :More than a flower

Blind Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I can’t continue to live my life like that.” Namjoon mumbled to himself, pulling the bed sheet and exchanging it with new and clean one.

“Stop complaining, every morning”

Namjoon glared at the little girl who was sitting on the chair; her legs were inches away from the ground, she kept swinging them as she was playing with her phone.

“Why are you keeping following me everywhere?” Namjoon spat as he straightened the new sheet over the bed.

“I’m not following you, this is my room by the way.” Minah said with a sheep grin on her face.

 She was following him the whole week since his arrival, it actually didn’t annoy Namjoon at all, but Minah was just being mean whenever she was talking. Spatting here and there. Namjoon wondered how a kid could be like this.

“Why are you here Minah?” Namjoon asked

“I told you this is my room.”

“No. I mean, why are you staying here? In the hospital?”

“Because I’m sick.” She said, her eyes fixed on her phone. 

“How...?”

“To the point of dying”

Namjoon bit his lips, pressing them into a line, nodding slightly as he could feel his heart clenched.

“But I’m not going to die.” she suddenly stood on her feet and gave Namjoon a big smile before leaving, “I’m going to live and be strong like Unni. And don’t be nice to me because I’m dying, it’s annoying.”

“I’m always nice to you, kid.” Namjoon yelled after her as she was no longer in the room, he sighed as he took the unclean sheet in his hand. “When have I ever been mean? You are the brat one.”

He took the other sheets and carried them, making them into a big ball in one hand that it almost blocked his way of seeing, he tilted his head to the right to see the way in front of him and to avoid bumping into someone.

He bowed and greeted every patient that he come across. 

He looked at his right where a window was lying over the wall and here she was, SeulBi, growing up some flowers and taking care of it.

Namjoon noticed that every day she would go there to the garden in the morning and then put flowers in every patient room and then disappear until the night.

He didn’t know where she disappeared off. But he was impressed by how she couldn’t see, but she still knew which flower the patient like and put it in his or her room. His interest in her started to exceed day by day.

She was a hard worker and always smiling despite her disability.

After he finished washing all the sheets and hung it over the ropes, he caught a sight of SeulBi going back to the garden, but she walked farther than usual with the help of her metal walking stick.

He found himself, without realizing, following her. She kept walking in the big garden, which it could be field of Flowers--not just a garden, until Namjoon no longer could see the hospital.

There was a bench standing in the middle of the field, which SeulBi took a place on after conforming its location, with the help of her stick and sat there. She put her headphone on, closing her eyes. The wind blew her hair and she looked breathtakingly beautiful to Namjoon.

Clearing his throat, he walked toward her and sat next to her, she jumped from her place and pulled the headphone from her ears.

“Who’s there?” SeulBi’s voice snapped as she was shaking.

“It’s me, Namjoon” Namjoon said calmly trying not to frighten her anymore, her body relaxed a bit when she heard his voice and frowned.

“Namjoon-ssi, what are you doing here?” She asked, a bit annoyed.

“You should call me Oppa. I have discovered that I’m older than you.” Namjoon said, trying to lighten up the mood a bit. “I followed you.”

“It’s not good to follow a blind girl, you know?” she frowned more as she put the headphone on one ear. “You scared me.”

“I’m sorry.” Namjoon said. “Is this where you disappear every day?”

“I’m not disappearing. Everyone knows that I’m here, Minah sometimes come here with me.” She explained. Her voice was calm and low in its volume. She had a soft tone that fluttered Namjoon's heart

“Hmmm.” Namjoon nodded as the awkwardness started to fill the air.

“How’s the place here? Is it still beautiful?” Seulbi suddenly asked.

“Huh?”

“You can see, right?” SeulBi chuckled. She laughed and just didn’t give a small smile.

His heart beats fastened as his lips curved more into a bigger and brighter smile. She was the most beautiful when she laughed.

“Namjoon-ssi? Are you still there?” she called him when Namjoon didn’t respond. His mind went blank as the only thing he could think about was her smile.

“It’s Oppa, Girl” Namjoon said as he looked around him.

He didn’t notice how beautiful the place was until he looked around. The bench was in the middle of the field. There were flowers everywhere, like a circle surrounded them. There were a lot of rows of flowers which had different colors. Each row was different from the other.

Namjoon could feel his heart warm up just with the view. “Wow, it’s seriously beautiful.” He breathed.

“Really?” SeilBi asked in excitement

“Yeah! I have never seen a beautiful view like this before.” Namjoon said. “Did you grow them all up?”

“No, It’s my mom and I’m taking her place now” SeulBi said with a grin on her face.

“Wae?”

“Because there should

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter