Three

And then I clicked 'Like'....

“Yes, Mom. Okay, I'll see you when I get home.” Bom pressed the 'End call' button on her phone and turned to head back inside only to gasp when she spotted the familiar form of Kris standing before her.

 

“Oh, Kris! What are you doing out here?”

“I just wanted to talk to you...” Kris' deep voice reverberated, sending shivers down Bom's spine.

“Well let's go inside and talk then. It's a bit chilly out here.” She started to walk past him to go back to the restaurant when his words stopped her.

 

“Why? So you can return to the comfort of Luhan's presence?” Kris couldn't help the harshness in his voice. He wasn't sure why, but seeing her desperately wanting to get away from being alone with him made him angry. Bom turned to face him, her eyes narrowing.

“...what did you just say to me?” Kris ignored her words.

“You seem to be getting along fine without me. It's nice to see how much you really cared.” He said bitterly.

 

Bom frowned, “Don't play the sarcastic with me. You of all people should know how much that break up affected me. I can't believe you would even say such a thing.”

He let out a bitter chuckle. “Hah, affected you? Did it affect you so much that you ran crying into another man's arms so readily?”

 

Bom's fists clenched at her sides.

 

“ you Kris. I'm sure Jessica ran straight into yours the moment she found out you dumped 'boring ol' Bom.' I don't know what all that 'five months of not having dated' bull was all about.” She spat, her temper boiling. His eyes widened, he wasn't used to hearing such vulgar language from the usually soft-spoken girl.

“Besides, the moment you broke up with me, what I did was my business and no longer yours.”

“I guess that's what made it easy for you to forget about all us.”

“Easy?!” Bom fumed, oh how she'd love to smack Kris across his handsome face right now. “You think it was easy for me? Forgetting two of the best years of my life was not easy.” Her tone heightened as she felt her temper flaring further.

“And for your information, I didn't run crying into Luhan's arms after you dumped me.” She threw up her hands. “That wouldn't even make any sense because I didn't know the guy yet. And he's just a good friend. He happened to be there at the perfect time because I was still coping with the damage you had dealt!” She angrily jabbed the tall male in the chest with her finger.

Kris' shoulders dropped, his brows raising. “Wait... so you two aren't dating?”

Bom felt herself calm slightly. “Well... no, not really. Not officially. I mean, he's told me that he likes me and wants to go out with me but I... I told him I wanted to take it slow. So we're still just friends... for now.”

 

Kris couldn't help but feel the utter joy well up inside him. But it soon died down when he heard her end her sentence with “for now.”

 

Both were jolted out of their conversation when they heard the front door of the restaurant slide open and the kind restaurant ahjumma came out with a trash bag in one hand. Placing it out beside the door she turned and jumped in surprise at seeing the flustered Bom and Kris staring back at her.

 

“Omo! I'm sorry to interrupt you two! Please continue as you were.” The older woman held a hand up to , embarrassed but smiling cheekily at them. She leaned over to Kris and spoke.

“You make a very nice-looking couple. Your girlfriend is pretty and looks very sweet. Make sure to treasure her.” She winked at them and before either could protest she turned and was already making her way back inside the restaurant. Kris turned back to face Bom again, a forlorn expression on his face.

 

“She's right... I should have made sure to treasure you.” Bom tilted her head, completely thrown off by Kris' sudden 180-degree flip.

“Why are you talking like this...?”

She shook her head, not wanting to be swayed by his sudden, sweet words. “What does it even matter any more? You broke up with me, remember? You said you grew bored with me!

 

Not wanting to hear any more of his lies and fearing that she may start crying, Bom made way for the restaurant once more but whimpered when she felt his large hand wrap itself around her wrist. He roughly tugged her back to himself so that their eyes met directly and they could feel each other's warm breaths in the cold air.

 

“...I made a mistake.” His husky voice whispered weakly.

Bom's voice shook as she tried to push away from him but he held her tightly in his grasp, “K-Kris.. please stop! Why are you being like this?” She could feel the hot tears stinging in the corners of her eyes, threatening to fall at any moment.

 

“God damn it Bom, stop fighting me!” Kris raked a hand through his hair anxiously. “The only reason I'm acting like this is because I still ing love you!”

 

Bom stared at him with wide eyes. The tears now streaming freely down her cheeks.

 

“And... I can't stand it when you look at Luhan...” He took in a deep, shaking breath. “When you look at him with that compassionate expression of yours... that expression that I fell in love with.”

 

A silence swept over them. Neither knew what to say next. They both feared what the other would say next. Finally Bom's voice came out, barely a whisper.

 

“I-I... hate you.” Kris slowly closed his eyes and dropped his head in anguish.

“I hate your hot-headedness, I hate your temper and the hell you put me through when you left me.” She gulped. “But...”

 

His eyes snapped open and he gazed into her eyes, searching for the end to that phrase. ...But?

 

“To be honest... deep down I never stopped caring about you. It hated it because I thought you had completely forgotten about me.” Bom wiped at her tears but they only continued to fall. “But recently that changed... when I saw you liked my post...”

 

Kris' eyes widened. His mind registering the words that had just come from her lips. She still thought about him. She still cared about him. He thought back to the photo of her amongst the cherry blossom petals. Perhaps that message really was meant for him.

Kris quickly pulled her into a tight embrace resting his chin on her head, which only made her sob into his chest.

 

“Chaerinnie always warned me and I know I shouldn't tell you this... But I had always wished for there to be an 'us' again...” she sniffled. Kris hushed her and rubbed circles on her back soothingly as she hiccuped.

 

He couldn't believe how stupid and stubborn he'd been all these months. All the resentment and jealousy... it was all for nothing.

 

“I'm so sorry, Babe.” He too, felt a warm teardrop slide down his cheek and it dripped onto the crown of Bom's head. Despite the piercing cold air, he felt nice and warm embracing her like this. He felt right.

Bom's muffled voice immersed from against his chest. “...what are we supposed to tell the others now?”

 

Kris lightly squeezed his arms around her before pulling away and stepping back to stare into her beautiful, glistening brown orbs. He brushed away at her tears with his thumb and laid a gentle kiss on her forehead.

 

“You just leave that to me.”

“Hmm—eh?!” But before Bom could properly ask him what he meant by that she was being tugged back inside by a now excited and beaming Kris.

 

Once inside all three of their companions stood up abruptly at seeing Kris dragging in Bom, who's tear-stricken face immediately alarmed them. Chaerin glared at him with a disgusted look.

“You bastard! What did you do to her?!” Kris paid her no mind.

“We'll both be taking our leave now.” Everyone, including Bom, stared at him incredulously with their eyes bugging out of their sockets as if he had grown a second head.

“You're not taking her anywhere!” Luhan exclaimed as he strode over to pull Bom away but was stopped when Kris interfered and stepped in between them. “Get out of my way! I'm not letting you hurt her anymore.”

 

“H-he won't hurt me!” Bom's voice squeaked out from behind the taller male. All eyes turned to her in surprise.

“Bom... are you sure...?” Luhan asked. Bom slowly nodded her head.

Tao grabbed Kris' wrist and pulled him in closer while speaking in a low voice. “Kris?! I thought you were supposed to be making amends with her. Not making her cry and then kidnapping her! What the hell is going on?”

Kris just grinned back at him. “Change of plans.” Reaching the hand that wasn't holding onto Bom into his coat pocket, he pulled out a wad of cash and laid it on the table.

“This should cover dinner.” And with that he sprinted out the door dragging a compliant Bom behind him as she shot her friends an apologetic look.

 

They all stood floored with their jaws to the ground. After a moment Luhan and Chaerin shot menacing glances at the one who falsely promised that Kris would be leaving Bom alone. Tao rubbed at the back of his head sheepishly.

 

“Aish! That guy...” He laughed nervously. Chaerin and Luhan weren't amused.

“I swear if he harms one hair on her precious head...” Luhan began.

“You are dead.” Chaerin finished.

Tao gulped. Damn it, Kris.

 

***

 

“Where are you taking me?” Bom panted heavily as she struggled to keep up with Kris' long-limbed strides.

“It's a surprise.” He replied as he continued to lead a bewildered Bom down the sidewalk. Finally after having traveled for about ten minutes, they found themselves at his intended destination. He turned to face her and smiled as he held both her hands in his and lead her to a certain spot.

 

“Kris... this is...” Bom lifted her head and looked up. It was the very cherry blossom tree she had revisited several days ago. The spot where Kris had first ever confessed his feelings for her. With the approaching cold, winter weather there weren't as many blossoms as usual but there was still enough for the pastel petals to occasionally drift down from the delicate branches. The young woman lifted a hand and caught one of the petals, clasping it in her hand and then opening it once more to softly blow it away. She watched it as it was carried off in the light breeze that blew that night. She shivered slightly at the wind, but it didn't really bother her.

 

“I'm sure you remember this place.”

Bom rolled her eyes. “I think you know the answer to that. You Insta-stalker.” Kris chuckled.

“Then you must remember that about two and a half years ago I brought you here with the intention of asking you to go steady with me.” She slowly nodded, unsure of where he was going with this.

A serious expression spread across his features. “I would like to renew my confession.” The dark-haired girl tilted her head.

“Renew? It's not like it's a marriage vow.” She giggled.

“I'm serious Bom.” Kris stared intently at her.

“I-I don't know what you expect me to say to that...” Bom gradually grew flustered as she felt a blush creep up her cheeks.

“All you have to do is give me an answer.” Kris grasped both her hands in his once more and brought them up to his lips, laying a soft kiss against her knuckles. Bom felt the heat in her cheeks deepen.

“Park Bom, I promise to love and cherish you for as long as a live. I will try my utmost hardest to never make such a terrible mistake like last time. I can't guarantee that I'll be the perfect boyfriend, but please, I beg of you to bear with me because I don't think I could ever stand to not have you in my life any longer. I've missed you too much that it hurt.”

A tear rolled down Bom's cheek at his almost wedding vow-like proclamation. Kris cupped her face in his hands and wiped at it as he continued.

 

“Whatever the future has down the road for us, be it happiness or hardships, I'm willing to face no matter what it is head-on as long as you are by my side. I love you, Babe. I have always loved you and never stopped since two and a half years ago. I was stupid to have ever let you walk out that front door. Please... will you walk through that door once more and accept me into your life once again?” He stared earnestly into her round eyes with hope glimmering in his own.

Bom blinked her watery eyes rapidly as more tears rolled down her face.

“You idiot... you should already know the answer to that from what I had to say back at the restaurant...” She bit her lip.

“Still, I just want to hear it straight and clear from you. Right here, in this space that we've shared so many wonderful memories in.”

Bom pouted. “Fine, you cheeseball.” She sighed a bit at Kris' need for dramatic confessions.

“I accept. I love you Kris Wu and I would love nothing more than for us to be a part of each other's lives once again.”

 

Kris grinned a gummy grin that spread from ear-to-ear. Still cupping her small face in his hands he pulled her in for a deep, long and passionate kiss. Lacking in oxygen, they pulled away and he pressed their foreheads together. He then tugged at her hand and sat down at the base of the cherry blossom tree. He motioned for her to join him in his lap, which she happily did. He wrapped his arms around her and rested his chin on her shoulder, basking in the familiarity of it all. They sat in silence for a while, simply enjoying each other's presence. Bom looked up and giggled softly when she saw that a few petals had landed on Kris' head. She reached up to pick them out but squeaked when she suddenly felt him shuffling beneath her.

 

“What are you doing, Babe?” She saw him reaching into his pocket as if he were fishing for something.

“There's one more thing I need to do.” Bom quirked an eyebrow at her boyfriend's peculiar actions.

 

***

 

Early the next morning Bom was at her mother's home when she picked up her phone from her bedside table. She had forgotten to check it after Kris had dropped her home the previous night. She noticed that there were several notifications. Swiping her thumb across the screen she randomly pressed one of the updates. An all-too familiar app opened up along with a username that she felt like she hadn't seen in ages.

 

galaxy_fanfan has tagged you in a photo.

 

She smiled, he must have posted it when he got home. Below the name was a photo of her and Kris with Kris' arms wrapped possessively around her. She was smiling towards the camera while the male's attention was focused solely on Bom as he gazed lovingly at her, petals still adorning his head from the cherry blossom tree. She held a hand to , stifling a laugh and shook her head at the caption below the image before 'Like'-ing the post.

 

 

Mine. @luexolu stay away”

 

 

***

Wee!! It's done. I hope that you all liked this story. I hope the ending didn't disappoint you. To those who were routing for the Lubom pairing please don't hate me.. (I'll make it up to you I promise) Writing this piece was a bit interesting for me(you'll see soon down below). I hope that you all enjoyed reading and I'll see you all next time~

Side note: So for the last two chapters I got all emotional like a big, huge baby ;_; and it was probably because I listened to and was inspired by Jay Park's most recent EVOLUTION album. More specifically songs like “Metronome” and “The Promise”. I felt like those songs and their lyrics fit the situations in this story quite well. But yeah, pretty much in love with the entire album. Please Jaebom, don't ever stop making such good music or else I will cry. Okay meaningless rant over.