Falling

Falling Like Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Almost two weeks later was when Hyukjae finally saw the beauty again. He had been sitting in the coffee shop for hours at a time immediately after his classes ended, waiting for the beautiful boy to reappear in a ray of sunshine like the angel he was.

 

He was sitting patiently in his usual spot a ways away from the window, attempting to distract himself by doing homework, when he appeared; dazzling in the late afternoon sunlight just as he had imagined. Hyukjae’s eyes were riveted on him as soon as he walked into the shop, his books and laptop carelessly forgotten on the table.

 

The beauty was wearing a tight, sky blue t-shirt, his muscles perfectly defined by the fabric clinging onto his skin. His thighs were stuffed into tight skinny jeans, making Hyukjae’s eyes unwillingly stare at them in fascination. Every line and curve of his body was perfectly visible, causing Hyukjae to inwardly scream in frustration, unable to find a single flaw in that beautiful creature.

 

The beautiful boy quickly got into the short line in front of the counter, Hyukjae’s eyes widening as he finally saw his chance. Scrambling out of his seat, Hyukjae almost tripped over his own feet as he hurried over to the line, quickly stopping when he was behind the beautiful boy. His single lidded eyes stared closely at the boy's head, amazed by how soft each dark brown strand looked.

 

The beauty seemed to have sensed his stare because he suddenly turned around to look at him, causing Hyukjae to startle; his eyes widening and his hands getting clammy from his nerves. The other blinked up at him curiously, his pretty eyes closing slightly in a cute eye smile as he grinned crookedly at Hyukjae. "I like your hair." He said, his charming crooked smile still in place.

 

Hyukjae swore he stopped breathing from the sheer beauty.

 

"T-Thank you." He replied nervously, shyly pulling at a few silvery strands in the process. Before the beauty could turn away from him again, he quickly stuttered out, "I-I like your eyes!"

 

, what the hell. Why would you say that?! He screamed internally, his cheeks flushing red in embarrassment at his own ridiculousness.

 

The boy simply chuckled at him, "Thank you, though what's so nice about my eyes? They're brown, like yours." He said, tilting his head slightly at him.

 

Hyukjae almost had a heart attack at the endearing action.

 

"No, no, your eyes are much more than just brown. They're dark and deep; they're eyes that you can get lost in. That saying, 'the eyes are the windows into one's soul' is true, you know. Your eyes show that you have a pure soul, one that is kind and caring; a beautiful one."

 

The beauty's eyes widened up at him, his thin lips parting into a surprised gape. Hyukjae's own eyes widened as well, surprised that he had somehow managed to say all of that so smoothly and without stuttering like a nervous buffoon. He looked at the boy, noticing how shocked he looked; his mind immediately going into panic mode.

 

Oh god, he probably thinks I'm a creep now! Why did you say all of that, Hyukjae?! Stupid, stupid, stupid! He scolded himself, getting ready to apologize profusely for coming on much too strong.

 

As he was about to apologize to the beauty, he stopped and blinked in shock, staring at the other. The latter was suddenly a blushing mess in front of him, his lightly tanned cheeks a dazzling shade of red; his soft looking hands palming at his cheeks, trying to cool them down. He looked absolutely flustered.

 

"T-Thank you. No one's ever said something so poetic to me. I-I'm so embarrassed." The beauty stuttered, looking around the coffee shop, completely flustered.

 

Hyukjae stared at him in fascination, blinking dumbly before he muttered, "Cute..."

 

The beautiful boy's face literally steamed when he heard that; Hyukjae could even see his ears flushing brightly. He shyly covered his face, his pretty hands trying to hide his entire face but only managing to cover his eyes and part of his flaming cheeks.

 

Hyukjae chuckled quietly, his eyes gleaming as he studied the pretty boy, pride washing over him. Suddenly, his appreciation of the boy was interrupted by a voice behind the latter, calling out, "Next!"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter