The Man I Want to See

Voice of My Heart

 

“Miyoung, come here.” A cute little boy said. “Look, it’s a lost puppy. Can we keep it?”
“I guess we can.” A little girl with long dark hair said. “Then let’s name it. mmm…… what should we call it?”
“Namu!” the girl exclaimed. “Since you found it, we’ll name it according to your name.” she said with a big smile planted on her cute little face.
“Ok, I agree. Do you think Namu still have his parents? I kinda feel sorry for him being left out here in the cold. What if we become his parents? What do you think Miyoung? The boy asked.
The girl turned pink with the boy’s word. “ I-I think w-we can.”
“Good.” The boy reached for the puppy and said “Namu, from now on I’m your father. My name is Nam Woohyun and your mother would be Park Miyoung.” It’s as if the puppy would understand.

“miss? Miss? Miss? Wake up. Miss?” the maid gently rocked miyoung.
“five more minutes” miyoung groaned. “ miss, you have school today. Come down for breakfast when you’re done preparing for school. I’ll place your uniform near the bathroom door. Goodbye miss.” And with that she left.
I hate going to that school. Every time I’m out of the house, there are bodyguards everywhere. Ugh! I hate this life. If only HE’s not also attending that school too. Miyoung jumped out of bed and headed straight for the bathroom. It took her 30 minutes to get ready. After checking everything she needs for school, she headed for the kitchen.
“Goodmorning Miyoung. Always the sleepy head.” Hoya, her brother greeted her.
“Goodmorning oppa! Where’s appa?”
“He’s not home. He has a business trip, remember?”
“yes, I remember.” Tears welled up form her eyes.
“ awww. Don’t be sad. He’ll come back in a few weeks.” hoya tried to comfort her.
“ I know oppa, but that means we’re stuck here with that witch.” She angrily said.
“ don’t worry. It’ll be just for a few weeks. Bear with it.”
“ *sigh* Ok oppa.” She said while pouting.
“ now, eat your steak and be sure to have your daily dosage. We still need to attend school.” he ordered.
“ Do we really have to? It’s not like I hate school, but I feel like I don’t belong.”
“why? You fit perfectly there.” Shocked from her sister’s sudden confession.
“it’s nothing oppa. Forget it.” she tried to hide her anxieties.
“Ok. as long as you’re not hurt, I won’t nag you about it”
“thanks oppa” she smiled with satisfaction.
That felt strange. I thought she loves school.
*honk,honk*
“the car is here. Let’s go Miyoung”
“ wait oppa. I need to say goodbye to Namu.” Miyoung rushed at the house’s back yard.
“be fast” he shouted.
*bark,bark*
“Namu, be a good boy and guard the house okay? Bye bye! Mommy needs to go to school.” Namu whined.
“ don’t worry, I’ll be back this afternoon.” *bark* “ I miss your appa too. bye! see you later Namu!” then Miyoung left for school.
The trip from their house to Woolim University is not that long. Upon arriving to the university, Miyoung rushed out from the car to avoid her bodyguards but she’s not fast enough. Her bodyguards catch up to her and escorted her to her classroom.
“How many times do I have to tell you that you don’t need to me up to my classroom? It makes me feel that there’s a threat to my life.” she said. Pissed.
“ we’re sorry miss, but we only follow the order of your brother.” The bodyguards bowed before leaving.

Miyoung’s POV

I love my brother but if he keeps this up, I will surely hate him.
I was about to enter my classroom when I felt someone back hugging me.
“What the-?”
“Miyoung!!!! I miss you!” Sungjong screamed causing my ears to bleed.
“ yah! You scared me half to death. Don’t do that again.”
“Mianhe. It’s just that I really miss you.” He pouted.
“That won’t work with me. We saw each other yesterday how come you miss me already? What do you want?” I asked suspiciously.
“ Ice cream!” he beamed. He’s like a 5-year-old-kid. Just give him an ice cream then he’s satisfied.
“ I don’t have one right now.” I said.
“then let’s buy at the cafeteria. Come on!” he begged while pulling me down the stairs toward the cafeteria.
“Ahhhhhhh~”  
“ woah! Hold your horses. Someone might get hurt.” Sungyeol, sungjong’s brother caught me before my face touched the ground. “ Yah! Sungjong, don’t drag Miyoung down the stairs. She might get hurt.”
“ Mianhe hyung. Mianhe Miyoung. I only want an ice cream!!” he started to cry.
“ Here!” I was shocked by Yuhi’s sudden appearance.
“yay! Thanks Yuhi.” Sungjong seemed to be satisfied.
“ why do people appear out of nowhere? You’re scaring the hell out of me.” I said.
“ I don’t know Miyoung. Maybe you’re just not paying attention to your surroundings.” Yuhi said.
“ yeah Miyoung. You seem to be spacing out. What’s the problem? Tell us.” Sungyeol oppa asked.
“ My dad is out of town and my brother and I are stuck with the witch.” I groaned.
“ Surely that will bother you. Without your father to protect you, you’ll be miserable with that witch.” Yuhi stated the obvious.
“Yuhi, do still have some ice cream with you?” Sungjong asked.
“Yah! Sungjong you’ll have another stomach ache if you eat another one besides class will start soon.” Sungyeol sighed.
[rrrrrrriiiiiiiiingggggggggg]
“That’s our cue. Let’s go Yuhi.” I said.
“Hey! Wait for me.” sungjong beamed.
“See you later yeorobeun.” Sungyeol waved. “annyeong!”
“annyeong oppa.” Yuhi bowed

After class…
“I’m getting thirsty. I should’ve listened to Hoya oppa.” I pouted.
“Do you have those blood pills with you?” Yuhi asked.
“ You know I hate those pills. I can’t even take it. It’s disgusting. I will not be satisfied if it’s not- he’s blood.” I mumbled the last part.
“What? What did you say?”  Yuhi asked.
“ I-It’s nothing. N-Nevermind.” I nervously said. If Yuhi found out that I’m craving for Woohyun’s blood, she’ll blurt it out to everybody. I should be cautious. I’ll be scolded if anyone finds out. Especially that witch. She’ll kill me. A half-blood vampire who became a pure blood without going through marriage will be executed by the committee. It’ll be a great dishonor for our family. Luckily, Woohyun has no idea that-
“Miyoung? Hello? Earth to Miyoung, can you hear me?” Yuhi waved her hand across my face.
“Huh? What?” I gasped.
“You’re spacing out again. You look serious. What is it?” she asked.
“Nothing!” I lied.
“ I know you Miyoung. You’re lying. Is there something I need to know?”
now she’s suspecting me. eotteokaji?
Honestly, it’s nothing. It’s not important.” I lied.  “Come on, everyone is waiting at the cafeteria.” I pushed her through the crowd.
“ What’s with the crowd? What’s happening?” I asked Yuhi.
“ I don’t know. Maybe someone fainted. Girls these days forgot to get their daily dosage, like you! Are you forgetting that you are still a half-vampire? *sigh* I wonder when will you faint.” She said.
“Cut the sarcasm. It will never happen. I have a great mind.” I protested. “And I’m not the only half-vampire here.”
She chuckled. “Seriously, what is happening?” As fast as lightning my question was answered. There, in the mini stage of the cafeteria, stood Nam Woohyun, the man I want to see.