CD

Encounters with You
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

You woke up one early Monday morning and decided to take a stroll. You just arrived in Seoul for a well-deserved vacation and it was your second day in the country. Rounding the corner of the street, you noticed a small music store. A smile graced your lips as you decided to buy a cd or two of your favourite kpop groups. The bells tinkled the moment you pushed the glass door open and a warm smile welcomed you as you walked inside.

 

“Good morning,” you greeted and smiled, bowing politely at the elderly man who seemed to be the owner of the store.

 

As you walked through the narrow aisles, your eyes feasted on the amount and variety of music albums displayed on the shelves. The place was indeed a treasure you found in the heart of Seoul.

 

Immersed in checking out the CDs on display, you didn’t notice that another person walked inside the shop. Like you, he greeted the kind owner and headed straight to the shelves in the farthest part of the shop.

 

Your eye caught a best seller album which is now hard to find even on ebay. You instantly grabbed the CD when you noticed another hand holding it too.

 

You shifted your gaze from the item to the owner of the hand. His face was fully covered- his eyes were behind a pair of dark glasses and the lower part of his face was covered with a scarf. To top it all off, he was wearing a rather whimsical hat but you could see his dark brown hair peeking out.

 

Being the kind-hearted person that you are, you let go but he did the same causing the CD to fall. All thanks to his reflexes, he caught the precious item before it crashed into the marble floor.

 

He then held up the CD close to you and motioned you to take it but you refused, shaking your head. “No, it’s okay. You take it,” pushing the item back to him but he was a persistent one.

 

“Take it.” You heard him say despite his voice being muffled by the fabric.

 

“Really, it’s fine with me. You can have it,” you insisted, giving him your kind smile to reassure him that it is indeed, alright with you.

 

Taking no for an answer, the guy held your hand and placed the CD on your palm. “It isn’t right for me to take from a girl. Please take it.”

 

And you did, thanking him finally. As he walked past you, suspicions clouded your mind. You really had a creative mind.

 

What if he is a robber? It is just the old man and me here… Could it be?

 

But before your mind could weave a nasty scenario, you brushed it off quickly, shaking your head profusely. Besides, a bad man wouldn’t be so kind to you to give you the CD. Then, another crazy idea hit you.

 

Omo! Don’t tell me he is an artist?! Then, who?!Kyaaaa!

 

Your inner fangirl was screaming inside your head as you thought of the possibility. You know how famous Korean artists disguise themselves to blend in with the crowd. Staring at him, you couldn’t help but wonder who he was. He looked familiar but then before you could jump into conclusions, you immediately put a leash on your fangirl self. You can’t possibly walk up to him and ask. It would be totally embarrassing.

 

While scanning the albums before you, a gasp escaped your lips and you quickly put your hand over your mouth. Is he sick? Omo… what should I do? I took from a sick person…

 

Please log in to read the full chapter