Neighbour

Encounters with You
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Boisterous laughter erupted from the hallway followed by the shuffling of shoes. Your neighbour arrived, and tonight, he had company. And it also seemed that they were going to party all night long.

 

Saving your work, you decided to call it a night. You could not work in such environment anyway. It doesn't bother you that much since it is seldom that he brings friends to his unit. On most days, it is usually quiet, since he is always away.

 

Like you, he is a foreigner and all you know from your small talks when you bump into each other in the hallway is that he is a dancer.

 

You are a graphic artist of a lifestyle magazine. Although you are not required to stay inside the office for eight hours a day, it is expected that you must meet all your deadlines. Once or twice a month, you show up in your supervisor's office either to discuss the next issue or to do the finishing touches with the rest of the team.

 

In short, you spend your days cooped up inside your apartment. But once you finish your part, you use the remaining days before due date sightseeing around Seoul. You just transferred to the branch in South Korea six months ago and haven’t seen much of the city.

 

Putting your computer in hibernate, you got on your feet and walked towards the kitchen. Opening the wooden drawer, you took out a bottle opener. Then you reached for a plastic bowl from the overhead cabinet.

 

And on cue, your doorbell dinged. There was no need to check who was on the other side since you know that it was him.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter