#4 7 Years

Love Is Flying High
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 
  

 

 

Kyungsoo can’t really figures out what is so special about Kim Jongin that makes his mom becomes infatuated with him. Sure, the older male is kind, flashes pretty smile, tells funny jokes and has a good humour, but that is not it, right?

He remembers when he had to cancel his plan to watch a movie with the seniors in his department just because his mom said she couldn’t trust him with them. But then, if it is Jongin, his mom has always put up a green light to the boy.

What if Jongin is a con artist? A serial killer? A ? Okay, he is exaggerating. Still, he thinks that his mom is bias.

If she is not, he is sure that he wouldn’t be in this plane, waiting to fly to Jeju then. He and Jongin have just known each other for a week and his mom already agreed to let him go on a trip with the older. It was actually more like threatening him as his mom refused to accompany Baekhyun to choose his wedding suit at first if he turned down Jongin’s offer, and so, being a good younger brother he is, he just said his yes to her. Blame his brother’s kicked puppy eyes though. Urgh

However, as the time passed and more people got into the plane, he becomes restless when Jongin hasn’t turn up yet. He didn’t bother to ask the older beforehand, but there is no way he is flying alone, isn’t he?

He has leaved a message on the male’s LINE asking his whereabouts and glanced at the entrance once a while, yet it seems Jongin won’t be here in any minute...

Or so he thought as he feels a presence of a leather bag on the seat next to him. He looks up from his phone, intending to give the owner of the bag a good amount of scolds for making him worried for nothing, but words get stuck in his mouth when he takes a full look at the person facing him.

He is… wait

Kyungsoo blinks several times and pinches his arm unconsciously. Is he who is standing in front of him now real?

He can’t even trusts himself at the moment. What if he just missed him so much that he started seeing thing?

The male before him is wearing a shade but somehow Kyungsoo could make out the look on his face. Surprise. So this male also recognizes him? Then he is really Jongin?

“Omo sunbae!”

Two girls in an Airline uniform suddenly come to them and interrupted their moment. Kyungsoo shifts his attention to his phone back, pretending to look up something in the device. It was awkward. Indeed. He was practically staring at a stranger and thanks to his big eyes, he must looked like a creeper as well.

“Long time not see, Kai sunbae. Are you on vacation?”

Kyungsoo’s ears perks up at the name and he couldn’t help but to get disappointed about it. So he is not Jongin…

He turns to the said male who is still engaging in conversation with the flight attendants. How could he looks like Jongin though? That sun-kissed skin, the same height, that facial fracture—

“No, Seulgi. I will be with my family later. And don’t show me that scandalous look, Irene”

—and that voice. He totally sounded like Jongin!

It has been 7 years since he met that first love of his, but when he thought he finally find him, the person turned out to be a doppelganger?

 

 

 

 

 

He is certainly not a look alike, Jongin is sure of that. Kyungsoo. That name has been repeating itself in his head and constantly brings butterflies to his stomach ever since he sneakily looked into its owner’s ID during their flight earlier.

Jongin is not always going through someone’s stuff without his or her permission though. Kyungsoo was sleeping beside him when his Pororo wallet slipped out from his hold and he just wanted to help the boy by picking it up and yeah… maybe took a look inside the wallet for a while.

He was curious. Also, if there was one thing he regretted for not doing when he met the younger before is getting his name. He usually addressed Kyungsoo as ‘this cutie’ or ‘that boy’ whenever he talked to Taemin about him, and so now he is glad that he is meeting the same cutie again, although he hasn’t show it to him yet.

Honestly, he is scared. Clueless to be exact. Kyungsoo did seem like he acknowledged him at first, yet after he was done talking to his hoobaes, he realized that the boy didn’t spare a glance to him anymore. As if they are pure stranger, and it frustrated him to no end.

He knew he should have greeted the younger then, but being himself, he couldn’t even move a muscle to look at the latter’s face. He was afraid to let out the words he had been prepared at that very moment. What if Kyungsoo feels uncomfortable around him? What if he finds him annoying? Worst, what if he is actually not the cute student he met 7 years ago?

Nonetheless, a post-it-note paper that was found inside the boy’s wallet assured Jongin that he is the one. The paper has his signature written on it and he still remembered giving it to the younger back then.

He just can’t believe that Kyungsoo keeps that lame sign of his after such a long time. Isn’t is supposedly say that he means something to the cutie, is it?

The thought somewhat makes Jongin all giddy up till now as he takes a sip on his black coffee, while peering over Kyungsoo who only sits three tables from him.

Yes, they are staying at the same hotel, much to his surprise and delight he may add. There was a man that fetched Kyungsoo at the airport this morning—which continually bugs him on what their status truly is—and he thought the younger is going to stay with that man. Thankfully, he is not… or else he would be very sad to miss an eating broadcast in front of him now.

Jongin chuckles as Kyungsoo carelessly wipes the corner of his lips using his palm before stuffing another meat into his mouth. Gosh the latter could lie that he is still a kid, and everyone won’t even doubt him. After all, have you seen a person who looks adorable during a messy eating? Well it is Kyungsoo.

“Kim Jongin-shi?”

A deep voice startles Jongin out of his staring that he turns to the voice at once. A slight taller man with a big built bows to him a little and he returns the same gesture as well.

He takes a look at the nametag that is attached on the male’s suit. Jihoon Pyo. Suddenly the name makes a ring to him as he gets up and holding out his hand towards the taller.

“Nice to meet you. You are the greatest General Manager of this B hotel whom my father always talked so highly, right?”

“I believe you were exaggerating, Jongin-shi. I am still nothing compared to KJ Group that your family owns”, Jihoon grins as he takes Jongin’s hand. “My workers are preparing the venue for the dinner tomorrow. Would you like to come to see it yourself?”

“Yeah why not—”, Jongin pauses as he turns around to Kyungsoo’s table to be greeted by no one. His eyes hastily trails to the entire restaurant but he fails to spot the boy anywhere. Where could he be? There are even foods that left untouched on the younger’s table.

“Jongin-shi? What is wrong?”

“Ah… Jihoon”, Jongin shifts his atte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter