Chapter 6

We Belong Together

"Who is she?" Seo InGuk nodded his head towards Jessica.

 

"I'm kinda sad you don't remember. I'm Jessica Jung."

 

"And what are you doing with Tiffany and my daughter so late at night?" He asked her.

 

"What? Friends can't go out?" Jessica scoffed, "Hey Tiff I'm going to go put Joohyun to bed. Okay?"

 

"Okay I'll be there in a bit." Tiffany smiled at her then immediately changed her attitude when she had to talk to him.

 

"What are you doing here?" Tiffany asked trying not to make eye contact.

 

"I came to see my daughter is there any other reason." He said.

 

"Well she's exhausted. Come back some other day." Tiffany gave him the cold shoulder.

 

"Wow is that the way you talk to someone you loved?"

 

"The key is "loved" now go home." Tiffany was about to walk towards the loft where Jessica and Joohyun were in when In Guk grabbed her wrist. "Let go!"

 

"No!"

 

"I said let go!"

 

"No!" He said again then pinned her against the wall."Come back Fany-ah. I miss you."

 

"What the hell!" Tiffany tried to get out of his grip but he was too strong, "Let me go!"

 

He began leaning in trying to kiss her when someone came and pushed him off of Tiffany. Making him trip and fall on the floor.

 

"What the hell was that!" He yelled.

 

"I should be asking the same thing!" Jessica yelled back. "If you ever try to pull something like that again I swear I will kill you! Now leave!" Jessica grabbed Tiffany's hand and dragged her into the apartment. "Are you okay? Did he hurt you?" Jessica asked examining Tiffany's face. Tiffany shook her head "Good!" Jessica smiled.

 

There was a silence between them, but a comfortable one. Jessica's hands were still cupping Tiffany's cheeks and they were staring intently into each other's eyes. Soon Tiffany's face came closer to Jessica which suddenly made Jessica aware of the situation. She let go Tiffany's face and stepped back.

 

"Umm…so, work tomorrow. You know where the building is right?" Tiffany nodded her head, "Business clothes is preferred. If don't have any I can get you some."

 

"Don't worry I have plenty."

 

"Well…um…I better get going. I'll see you tomorrow." Jessica said heading towards the door.

 

"Wait! Jess!" Tiffany said and Jessica stopped and turned around, "Thank you for today. It was amazing!" Tiffany's eyes became moons as she smiled.

 

"No problem. Now get rest. Goodnight Tiff!" Jessica and let herself out.

 

Tiffany still stood in the same spot heart racing like crazy. She didn't know what was happening. Then Joohyun's question popped up in her head. "Do you like Unnie?"

 

'I don't know? Do I?'

 

--------------------------------------------------

 

~KNOCK~KNOCK~

 

"Joohyun hurry mommy has to get going." Tiffany shouted as she walked to answer the door. To her surprise it was Jessica. "Hey! What are you doing here?"

 

"Uh…I came to pick you up for work."

 

"You didn't have to Jess." Tiffany's heart fluttered a little.

 

"No I wanted to so are you ready?"

 

"Almost. First, we have to drop off Joohyun at Hyo's first. She's going to drop her off at school."

 

"Okay it's no problem." Jessica smiled and Tiffany smiled back.

 

Soon they were all in Jessica's car heading to Hyoyeon's apartment.

 

"Unnie can you pick me up from school today?" Joohyun asked.

 

"I don't know Joohyun-ah. Unnie has a big meeting today."

 

"Aw okay." Joohyun's expression saddened.

 

"But if I can't make it I'll make sure your mommy's there to pick you up. Okay?"

 

"Really?!"

 

"Yes really."

 

"Thank you unnie!"

 

They arrived at Hyoyeon's apartment and walked with Joohyun although she said she was a big girl who can go by herself.

 

"Auntie Hyo!" Joohyun shouted and hugged her.

 

"Joohyunie! Did you miss me?" Hyoyeon asked and she nodded. Hyoyeon looked up to greet Tiffany, but was surprised that Jessica was with them. "Sica? What are doing here?"

 

“I’m just being a nice friend and talking Tiffany to work. Why?” Jessica said.

 

“Riighht~” hyoyeon winked. “Anyways, Joohyun will be fine. Now you two can head out. Bye!"

 

"Okay bye! Bye Joohyun-ah!" Tiffany and Jessica said as they headed out.

 

-------------------------------------------------

 

"You know you really didn't have to do this. I could've just taken the bus and paid for this coffee." Tiffany said with a cup of Caramel coffee in her hand.

 

Before heading to work Jessica had stop by one of her favorite cafés and bought the two coffee.

 

"Like I said. We're friends. Now come on we're gonna be late on your first day." Jessica said walking into the tall building.

 

The two headed up the building and towards the meeting room. Jessica's group had to get their project in by Friday and having a missing person for week didn't help. Good thing she hired Tiffany.

 

"Everyone this is Tiffany Hwang. She has replaced Yubin's spot. Make feel welcome and help her catch up so we can get this done early. Which I doubt will happen, but let's try." Tiffany bowed and formal introduced herself to everyone.

 

She didn't know what to do so just followed Jessica. As Jessica sat down Tiffany stood shadowing her.

 

"What are you doing? Sit down." Jessica said.

 

Tiffany bowed a little then sat in the empty seat next to her.

 

"Umm…would you guys mind introducing yourselves to me?" Tiffany asked the girls in the room.

 

"Well, I'm Choi Sooyoung. A childhood friend of Jessica's." A girl scarfing a piece of cake down said.

 

"I'm Goo Hara." A very pretty girl said. She gave a smile, but it seemed more like a sad smile.

 

"I'm Park Yeeun, but you can call me Yenny."

 

"Alright since we introduced each other get to work now!" Jessica said and began looking through her papers again.

 

"Don't worry about her she's always like that." Sooyoung said, "Here let me show what you have to do."

 

"Okay thanks!"

 

After Sooyoung's help Tiffany tried her best to start off where Yubin left off. She worked hard to prove that she was good enough for the job. She was working so hard she forgot about lunch.

 

"Tiffany."

 

"Hm?" Tiffany looked up to see Jessica handing her a tray of good from the cafeteria. "Oh thank you." Tiffany took the tray down and kept working.

 

"Tiffany, stop and eat your food." Jessica said.

 

"Not yet. I'm almost done…HEY!" Jessica took the papers out of Tiffany's hands.

 

"Eat!"

 

"Fine!" Tiffany pouted and Jessica smiled.

 

'Its weird. My heart is about to burst!' She thought.

 

"Taeyeon says hi! She also asked me to ask you if you wanted to go out this weekend."

 

"Tell her maybe."

 

"You tell her. You have her number."

 

"Okay I will."

 

Silence filled the room. Everyone was out for lunch and it was just them two. Jessica was watching how hard Tiffany was working even while she ate. Yes she gave Tiffany her papers back because the girl wouldn't stop whining. She was glad she hired Tiffany though. Time passed and everyone came back and went back to work. Again Tiffany didn't notice the time until Jessica called her name.

 

"Tiffany!" Jessica called her name for the 4th time.

 

"Hm?"

 

"Let's go."  She said motioning to the door.

 

"Where?"

 

"To pick up Joohyun."

 

"But I'm not-"

 

"Hey we have all week. Plus, I promised that girl that you'd at least pick her up. So come on let's go."

 

---------------------------------------------------

 

"UNNIE!!" Joohyun ran and jumped into Jessica's arms.

 

"JooHyunnie!!" Jessica said while spinning the two around.

 

'Again! Stupid heart stop beating so fast!'

 

"Hey what about me?" Tiffany pouted.

 

"MOMMY!!" Joohyun tightly huffed her mother.

 

"Hyunnie!!"

 

"Mommy, I know you and unnie came to pick me up, but can I go play with Yonghwa oppa and Yoong unnie?"

 

"Uh…I don't know."

 

"Pwetty please?"

 

"Fine, but only for a little bit okay?"

 

"Okay thanks mommy!" She kissed her mom's cheek and ran to the playground where here oppa and unnie were.

 

"Thanks Jessi! I love her smiling like that. You can go now. You probably have a lot of thing to do."

 

"But I want to stay. I'll take you two home."

 

"You really don't have to Jess. You've done enough for today. Go home and rest please." Tiffany said feeling bad that Jessica kept doing things for her and Joohyun when she knew Jessica was busy.

 

"Fine. I'll see you tomorrow." Jessica gave a sad smile and headed to her car.

 

As she was walking she saw a little girl sulking on the bench. She decided to see what was up.

 

"Hey what's wrong?" Jessica asked.

 

"Yonghwa oppa keeps on taking Hyunnie from me!"

 

"So I guess you're Yoong?" The girl nodded.

 

"Are you Jessica unnie?" Jessica nodded, "Joohyun told me about she. She likes you a lot. She says that your Auntie Tiffany's girlfriend."

 

"MWO?!" Jessica looked at Joohyun and shook her head, "I am not her mommy's girlfriend we're just friends."

 

"But she told what you did for her and Auntie. It's like what my mommy's do for each other."

 

"Oh really? Well me and her are just friends. I like someone else" Jessica told Yoona.

 

"Does she like unnie?"

 

"No she doesn't or I don't think she likes me." Jessica frowned, "She likes your Auntie Tiffany."

 

"Oh, is that why you don't like Auntie Tiffany?"

 

"I didn't say that. I like her, but not in that way."  Jessica then looked over to where Tiffany was.

 

"Unnie you keep saying that but your eyes say different." Yoona said looking at Jessica looking at Tiffany.

 

'How are kids so freaking smart?'

 

"What about you Yoong? Do like Joohyun?" Yoona blushed at the question and nodded a little bit. "Oh really?" Jessica was amused at the answer.

 

"I like Hyunnie, but I think Hyunnie likes Yong oppa." Yoona started sulking again.

 

"You know I think Hyunnie likes you more than you think."

 

"Unnie are lying to me?"

 

'Maybe I am.'

 

"Of course not. Hyunnie loves playing with you so don't let your Yong oppa take your Hyunnie all for himself. Now go play!"

 

"Mm…okay unnie! Thank you! I know why Hyunnie and Auntie like you so much." Yoona hugged Jessica then ran over to Joohyun And Yonghwa.

 

All of this was strange to Jessica. Usually people were scared of her because of cold aura and attitude. But no these kids and that girl welcomed her. Although, Tiffany didn't like her at first she still welcomed Jessica even after being cold to her. Jessica was never this warming either. Usually she'd not care if the little girl was crying or sulking, but for some reason she did. She was kinda creeping herself out. Doing things she usually doesn't and she wasn't the only that notice this.

 

--------------------------------------------

 

"What's up with you Sica? You're not acting like yourself." Hyoyeon said.

 

Jessica decided to head to Hyoyeon's and hang out with the chodling. Jessica was now lazily laying on Hyo's couch while Hyo sat on the floor. The two were just eating snacks and watching TV. Like they always do.

 

"What are you talking about?"  

 

"Since when have you been so nice to people you barely know. Didn't you just meet Tiffany last week? And you're taking her to work and the amusement park like you're dating."

 

"In just trying to be nice okay? What's so wrong about doing that?"

 

"It's just that you don't do that. Do you like Tiffany or something? The last time I checked you were still hung up on my dorky cousin."

 

"No for the last I don't like Tiffany!! Why does everyone think I do?" Jessica burst which made Hyo shut up. "Plus, that dorky cousin of your likes Tiffany so there's no point in trying to get her to be mine. It's not like she ever liked me that way anyway."

 

"Have you even tried talking to her in that way? Maybe she did like you but she gave up because you look emotionless and don't show ANY sign of liking her at all." Hyoyeon said earning a glare from Jessica. "If you really like her like you say tell her. Better late than never."

 

-----------------------------------------------

 

"Hey Sica!" Taeyeon said sitting on the swing set next to Jessica. "What are we doing here? Why'd you ask me to come here?"

 

It was the playground Jessica and Taeyeon went to the night they met. They didn't feel like staying at the party so they left and went to the little park near by.

 

"…" Jessica was quiet.

 

"Jessica? Is something wrong?" Jessica shook her head. "Then what's up."

 

"Tae…we've been friends for a while right?"

 

"Of course."

 

"And I can tell you anything right?"

 

"Absolutely!"

 

"Ok…here it goes. Kim Taeyeon I like you!" Jessica went and said.

 

"I like you two Jessica Jung."

 

"No, I really like you." Jessica sighed.

 

"Oh…"

 

No one spoke for a while until Jessica broke the silence.

 

"Say something Tae."

 

"Really? You like me?"

 

"Yes! I like you Kim Taeyeon!"

 

"Jessica…we're friends we're best friends that's all that I feel now. If you told earlier then maybe something could have happened, but you're like a sister to me now. I can't feel the same you do. I'm…I'm sorry."

 

Jessica bit her lip trying not to let the tears come out. She knew this would happen, but Hyoyeon just had to convince her to tell Taeyeon.

 

"It's…it's okay. Now I can move on." Jessica said and truly meant it. Now she wouldn't be stuck on Taeyeon someone who doesn't like her back. "I just.…I just had to let it out. I just had to tell you."

 

"We'll always be friends though. Just now that I'll always be there for you okay? Come on let's go get some ice cream!"

 

"Sure." Jessica said hiding what she was feeling at the moment. Although, she was emotionless she still had feeling.

 

---------------------------------------------


A/N: update! Woohoo! Did you guys like it? Thanks for reading and subscribing!! Thanks so much for the support. And to jessjung_dew, jimaro, kpopcraze8, KalakiMae, Jeti418, secret_stares9, for your upvotes thanks so much saranghae!! 사랑해!!