Melancholic Hill

Something only we know.

Present Day

I was so hurry I got off the car witouth my cap.  While I am walking to your apartment I look down when someone takes a photo right at my face.

 

“Im Yoona, she is Yoona from SNSD, is she walking torwards …?” Someone says, I immediately put on my cap and try to walk on the other direction, until I see you. You are inside the building looking at me through the glass window, smiling.  I want to yell “go and hide”, but I can’t, instead I take out my phone to send you a message, but more people start to recognize me.  They are whispering my name and yours too, so I send the message to my first contact, to warn you.  Tiffany Unnie appears at my latest calls.  I press on her name when the whispers stop and the screams begin.

 

I was so rushed I didn’t realized the light signal was in red.  My left rib is the first thing the car smashes, after that I rise in the air and, when I reach the ground my head receives the impression.  I must have fell over my right arm too, it is practically twisted and a puddle of blood is starting to appear.  With my left hand, and what is left of my energy I manage to grab the moon Swarovsky necklace you gave me on my birthday.  I hold it really hard before everything goes dark.

 

April 2012

 

Seunghyun and Jonghyun rapidly became friends.  Even tough they were similar on the outside, they were completely different from each other inside.  TOP’s personality was cold at the beginning, and childish once you met him.  He was also the type of person that didn’t talk to strangers or people he didn’t really like.  Jonghyun was the same, he was a cold guy, but he was more polite than his sunbae, and even after became friends with Jonghyun he was a man of few words.  Yoona was always in the middle.  She was the opposite from both.  Yoona had a bright aura at first sight.  After a while Yoona was less playful, and more mature, but still amusing and positive.  Jonghyun and Seunghyun admired her because she was their vitamin, with the only difference that she was Jonghyun’s girlfriend, and Seunghyun’s best friend.

 

One day of April, the three of them decided to go outside.  It was a Saturday night. Yoona was sitting next to Jonghyun, and TOP was in the bathroom.   When he went out he saw Yoona kissing Jonghyun’s cheek.  Jonghyun suddenly took Yoona’s head in his hands and kissed her on the lips, Yoona smiled.  TOP looked in a different direction.  Being Yoona’s friend was the most difficult thing he had done.  He still loved her but that was the only way he could be close to her.  In a certain way looking at them made him happy, cause he was Jonghyun’s friend now.  He really liked Jonghyun, and at times Seunghyun had the feeling that maybe Jonghyun was a better option for Yoona, but, even though he tried, the sadness never disappeared. Seunghyun erased toughts from his head and walked torwards the couple.  When Yoona saw him she pushed Jonghyun away.

 

“So, do you know what are you going to do for your birthday?  It’s not a bad idea if you two celebrate it together”  TOP suggested, sitting in front of Yoona and Jonghyun.

 

“Oh, we haven’t talked about it.  That’s actually a good idea hyung”  Jonghyun replied, drinking his ice tea.

 

“Well, I don’t like big parties.  I don’t mind to spend it with my eight sisters, you two and Yoonchun Oppa if he is in Korea”  Yoona said.

 

“Think about it carefully, cause I heard you can rent a house in the hills.  These kind of parties are trendy, and you can share the expenses”  TOP tried to persuade Yoona.

 

“No way, if we rent a house then I’ll pay for everything.  Honey, you woulnd’t have to worry about anything except to go”  Jonghyun said looking at Yoona with beging eyes.

 

“But I thought you didn’t like big parties”  Yoona complained.

 

“I don’t.  I’m not planning to invite a lot of people.  Maybe SNSD and CNBlue, Yoonchun, Seunghyun of course, and our parents?”  Jonghyun asked ashamed.

 

“What?  Are you going to invite your parents?  Like, for real? “ Yoona was shoked.  She and Jonghyun had been a couple for only four months and Yoona believed that was to little to consider introducing him to her father.  Yoona looked at Seunghyun, who was laughing.

 

“You sure like to go fast Jonghyun”  TOP said, still laughing. “But consider the house.  I do think it would be a good idea because you will have to invite all SM artists since they are going to throw a party for Yoona anyways, so better to have only one but good party”  Later they continue talking about other things: their activities, food, hobbies.  The three friends usually spent time in that way, getting to know each other.  Yoona and Jonghyun shared the same interest, they were really similar to each other and little by little Seunghyun was accepting that, although he loved Yoona with all of his heart, he was not like Jonghyun, who always had the words Yoona wanted to hear.

After another hour in the caffee, Yoona was the first one to leave.  Her manager went to pick her up.  She waived a good-bye to Seunghyund and gave a see you later kiss to Jonghyun, who went outside with her to make sure she was leaving safe. Then he came back to the store. Seunghyun was waiting for him.

 

“Hyung, do you really think she will consider about the party? I don’t like big celebrations but I already asked her manager and er birthday is the only day she can rest”  Jonghyun said worried.

 

“Sure, I mean, the house is mine and you woulnd’t have to pay anything for it I think we are all wining” TOP  said while drinking his coffe.

 

“Come on, of course I will pay you, at least for the rent and if someone breaks something”  Jonghyun answered excited.

 

“No, the house is practically new, so I don’t have anything to break, plus, consider this as my birthday gift.  I know how much she means to you”

 

“To be honest Hyung, I think she is the one.  I consider myself the kind of person that does not know how to love…except when it comes to Yoona.  I don’t mind to seem silly or pathetic, because all I care is about her happiness.  I guess this is how love should be, selfless”  Seunghyun got serious.

 

“I think she cares for you too.  I…you know she chose you over me, so I think it’s fair to say she really likes you, otherwise how would you explain her choice?”  TOP joked, but Jonghyun only smiled.  “I just hope you know to appreciate her.  I am happy she met you, and I will be honest with you too.  I consider you my friend but if you hurt her, I have no choice but to follow Yoona, you understand right?” 

 

“I do”

 

“Good, cause if you do hurt her, I won’t doubt in fighting for her”  Seunghyun warned Jonghyun, who just noded.   “All of this would be easier if you were a bad person Jonghyun, why you have to be so cute?”  TOP teased Jonghyun picking his cheek and both started to laugh.

 

 

May 2012

 

Jonghyun planned everything perfectly.  He rented TOP’s house in the Hills, and told SNSD about the party, he also told them to invite all Yoona’s friends and to be ready at 8pm. The guest list included Super Junior, DBSK, EXO, Kara, Wonder Girls, Big Bang, AOA, IU, 2pm, 2am, and practically all K-pop royalty.

 

May 30th 2012

 

Yoona woke up early in the morning.  She and the girls had to practice for a concert to be launched in Tokio the next month.  Yuri rapidly went to Yoona’s bed with a cake to sing ‘Happy Birthday’ along with the rest of the members.  Yoona blowed the candles hoping for a year full of love and friendship, and to maintain the happiness she had with Jonghyun.  Shortly after the girls had to rush to the building for the rehersals.  When they arrived another group was already doing activities.  Three shy boys came out of the room:  Baekhyun, Kai and Sehun, they were three of the members from a group named EXO that had recently debuted.

 

“Hello sunbae.  We heard today is your birthday.  We just wanted to congratulate you”  Baekhyun said, bowing, and then walking straight to Taeyeon, who was standing behing Yoona.  The rest of the girls walked torwards the practice room, greeting the boys from EXO.

 

“Happy birthday”  said Kai, looking at the ground.  Yoona smiled, she remembered when she acted that way torwards Yoonchun.

 

“Thank you” Yoona replied bowing to Kai.

 

“Noona, don’t bow, we should to that, not you.  Well I won’t do it, since we are already close”  Sehun said out loud.  Then Kai hit his head.

 

“Yah, maknae, how dare you talking like that to a sunbae?”  Kai scolded Sehun.

 

“She is my sunbae now, but in the future, she will be my wife.  I already decided”  Sehun pointed at Yoona, who started to laugh.

 

“Sorry, I don’t like little boys”  Yoona replied, walking torwards the room.  Sehun followed her and they started to fight like siblings.  Kai looked at them and smiled, then he looked for Baekhyun, who was inmerse in a conversation with Taeyeon.  Kai suddenly felt jealous because he was close with no one from SNSD, so he went back to practice alone.

 

When the girls were finally about to start their practice Heechul from Super Junior went into the room running, looking for Yoona, when he found her, Heechul gave Yoona a big hug.

 

“I have a present for you, well, I am someone’s spy.  He gave me this for you”  Heechul said, while taking three little balls out of his pocket.  “Chose one” 

 

“Hey Kim Heechul, we want to practice”  Tayeon started when suddenly Jessica unwillingly silenced her.

 

“Shh, I want to see what it is”  Jessica interrumpted the leader. 

 

Yoona had to choose between a blue, pink and green ball.  She chose the green one.  When Yoona opened it, the paper inside had written “Happy birthday from DBSK”  Yoona read it out loud and Yunho and Changim appeared and started to sing for Yoona.  The girls from SNSD clapped as soon as they finished singing.  Yoona smiled satisfied.

 

“Did you plan this?”  Yoona asked.

“No, we just received the order”  Heechul, Yunho and Changmin replied. “Oh, another thing, you have to open the second ball until three hours later, don’t cheat”  Heechul said, going out with DBSK.

 

The rest of the morning was quite normal, except for the hughs and birthday cards Yoona received everytime someone walked into the practice room. 

 

In the afternoon the girls went to the makeup room to get ready for the party.  While Yoona was waiting for her turn she remembered about opening the second ball.  This time she chose the pink one.  Inside it was a beautiful Swarovsky moon necklace.  Yoona’s toughts immediately went to Jonghyun, he had a similar necklace but in silver.  Yoona was tempted to call him, but she knew she had to wait to see him in the party.  When Tiffany saw it, she screamed in excitement.  All the girls gathered around and try the beautiful necklace. Yoona finally decided to wear a dress to complement the expensive gift she had received. At six pm a driver went to pick them up.  The trip took more than expected, almost one hour and a half to arrive to the house that Jonghyun had rented in the hills. When the girls arrived everything was dark. 

 

As soon as Yoona entered the house a bunch of people yelled “Happy Birthday”.  Yoona was really happy, she got even happier when she saw her family.

 

“My Yoona, look how many people came, they must really care about you”  Her father said while kissing her forehead.

 

“Wow, your friends are really good organizing parties”  Her sister told Yoona.

 

“Well, I had no idea it was going to be this big” Yoona said, surprised.

 

“You should be thankful to Jonghyun, he invited us, although he disappeared like five minutes ago.  A blond girl suddenly felt bad and he offered to help her.  Really Im Yoona, you should think about getting to know Jonghyun better”  Her sister whispered the last words.

 

“Stop”  Yoona replied, pushing her sister, getting all red.   They were talking when Sunny got closer to greet Yoona’s family.

 

“Can you excuse us one second?”  Sunny asked, taking Yoona to the other side of the room.  “Yoongie, Choi Seunghyun called, he said he is not going to be able to come, but he already sent his present.

 

“What, let me talk to him.  Give me your cellphone”  Yoona demanded while calling his friend.  “How dare you?  I even sang something for you on your birthday and you are not coming?”

 

“Miss Yoona, I am so sorry.  I don’t think any of the boys from Big Bang is going, we are just so tired, we haven’t sleep in three days, our schedule is really thight these days”  TOP complained.

 

“Please, I won’t see you in two months, and Yoonchun Oppa is not coming, please please come, it means the world to me”  TOP couldn’t ignore Yoona’s beg.

 

“Let me see what I can do”  TOP finally said.

 

“You are the best”

 

Thirty minutes passed and Yoona couldn’t find Jonghyun, she really wanted to see him.  Lately Yoona’s feelings were unclear.  At the beginning of her relationship she was sure about feeling a bit closer to Seunghyun, but after 5 months of relationship with Jonghyun, she was not sure anymore. As time goes by she tought less about TOP and more about being closer with the CNBlue boy.  Yoona wanted to spent her birthday with her friends but even if she had to spend it with only one person, she would have chosen Jonghyun.  When Hyoyeon saw Yoona looking for her boyfriend Hyoyeon told her Jonghyun was on the second floor, the last time Hyoyeon saw him he was really suspicios so she tought he was preparing a surprise for Yoona.

 

“Go, give me you phone and have fun Yongie”  Hyoyeon encouraged her.   Yoona smiled like crazy while going upstairs.  When Yoona was finally in front of the room she breathed deeply and opened the door abruptally, trying to surprise Jonghyun, but she was the one who had the surprise.  The room was almost dark, only decorated with candles.  Inside was Jonghyun, kissing a blond girl.  He was kissing her passionately until he saw Yoona.  Jonghyun immediately pushed the girl and looked at Yoona surprised.  Hyoyeon came running with Yoona’s phone.  “Yongie, it’s TOP, he had a car accident”  Hyoyeon said out of breath, but Yoona didn’t react.  “Yoong, what…?” Hyoyeon followed Yoona’s eyes and saw Jonghyun, inside the room with another woman, she immediately hold Yoona’s hand and took her outside.  When Jonghyun reacted he ran following them.  Hyoyeon told Sunny to take Yoona to the hospital because TOP had had an accident and when Jonghyun tried to reach Yoona Hyoyeon stoped him.  “Go, now”  Hyoyeon ordered Sunny, whom inmmediately went out the party with Yoona.  Hyoyeon was about to cry looking at Jonghyun.   “How dare you doing that my sister.  I really don’t want to see you right now, get out of my way and Yoona’s too.  MOVE!!”  Hoyeon screamed creating whispers from the people who were around them.

 

Sunny was driving worried.  Yoona was not saying anything, she was just looking at  the message GD had sent about TOP’s car accident.

 

“Don’t worry, I’m sure he is fine”  Sunny comforted Yoona, holding her hand.

 

When they arrived the hospital,  Big Bang’s members were already there, and also Park Bom from 2NE1.

 

“I knew it, this is you fault”  Bom said, jumping torwards Yoona.  Taeyang intervene and hold Bom’s arms.  Yoona looked away. “Let me go, this is her fault.   She called him.  She is the guilty one”  Bom was screaming, trying to let go from Taeyang’s arms.

 

“Bom, stop.  She is the only one Seunghyun wants to see.  Yoona come in” Gd said, guiding Yoona torwards Seunghyun’s room.

 

“No, she can’t.  You all need to understand she is hurting him…”

 

“No Unnie, you are the one who needs to understand that even tough you think you and him are a great couple he only sees you as her friend”  Yoona finally broke her silence. Taeyang looked at Yoona furious, Seungri surprised, as well as Sunny, who just arrived the room because she was parking the car.  GD only continued pushing Yoona to the room.

 

“Go, I’ll make sure no one interrumpts you”  GD said.  When Yoona was about to open the door GD stoped Yoona.  “Listen, Bom is an amazing person. I know she is been nothing but rude to you, but Yoona, don’t take it personal.  She really loves TOP and one day she will understand”  Yoona noded and opened the door.  As soon as Seunghyun saw Yoona he tried to stand up, the pain was unbearable.

 

“Don’t Oppa”  Yoona said running to the bed.  He looked at him and Yoona finally started to cry.  She had held her tears for too long.  “This is my fault”  Yoona said while sweetly Seunghyun’s hair.

 

“No, of course not. I’m not a good driver.  If anything I am the gulty one, I made you come here when you should be enjoying your party”  Seunghyun said, worried.

 

“You are really stupid.  I am not mad at you. I am thankful.  I’ve made you suffer so much for anything”

 

“Wait Miss Yoona.  What’s wrong?”  Seunghyun asked.  He held Yoona’s hand and caressed it.

 

“I guess I had to be punished somehow for what I did to you, cause now I feel how it is to be rejected by someone. The only difference is he lied to me because Jonghyun said he loved me”  Yoona bend and hugged Seunghyun.  He was speechless.

 

“He does. I am a witness of how much he loves you”

 

“He was kissing someone else, the day of my birthday, on my own party.  I don’t think I will be able to forget this”

 

“Listen Yoona, you can’t judge something like this so easily.  Who told you this?”

 

“I saw him.  The room was filled with candles while he kissed another woman, after saying he loved me.  I feel really bad Oppa”

 

“Your heart always takes you to exciting and alluring places, but sometimes those places don’t have a happy ending, and when that happens, your real strength is tested ”

 

“I wanted to be happy.  And I was, and that’s why it hurts so much, because I already know how it feels to be engaged to someone and to think it was all lie, it makes me feel I never got anything”

 

Well… maybe you can’t get what you want but you can get me, so let’s set up and see, cause you are my medicine when you are close to me

 

Seunghyun fell asleep shortly after.  Yoona was looking at him, completely sad.  When she hid her hands inside her jacket, Yoona found the last blue ball she never opened. a paper note was inside:

 

“Hapy Birthday Miss Yoona. Someone like you deserves all the happiness in the world.  You have no idea how much my life has changed after I met you and I hope we can be friends forever. I believe in me and you.  I’ll see you in the moon.

 

Choi Seunghyun”

 

Yoona hughed the note and looked at Seunghyun once more.  She got closer and slowly kissed his forehead.  Seunghyun opened his eyes right away.  For the first time since they met each other Yoona held Seunghyun’s gaze so he couldn’t help but to smile.