Lunch

Falling for My Fake Girlfriend....Again

"Kai." Ye Na said, caught. Kai stared at her with lips parted. This wasnt the Ye Na that he had separated from 6 years ago.

"You two know each other?" Dara asked with a hopeful smile on her face. Ye Na glanced at her and then at Kai again, searching for some kind of response from him. She looked back at Dara when he didnt say anything and shook her head. "Uh, no." She said and walked past him, not noticing his falling face. "I just know his name because he's in EXO."  Ye Na said tyring to sound normal as she sat on the couch. 

"Ah..." Dara nodded. "Well guys, this is Ye Na, the wedding planner, and these are the guy that'll be singing at my wedding." She said happily throwing her arms around Kai and Chen. Ye Na forced a smile and nodded to her. "Im gonna go get lunch ready." Dara said and walked away into the kitchen. 

"We'll help." Baekhyun and Chen said, following the small blonde into the kitchen, leaving DO, Kai and Ye Na alone. 

Ye Na forced her eyes to stay glued to the paper, for she didnt want to meet eyes with her ex. 

DO's phone starting ringing. "Excuse me." He bowed his head to Ye Na and left for the terrace. "Oh In Sung hyung." He said shutting the door behind him. 

And Kai and Ye Na were left alone in the quiet living room. 

So many thoughts were going through their minds right now. 

How have they been?

What were they up to?

Was life good so far?

And most importantly, were they happy? 

They wanted to ask a million questions but neither said a word. Kai glanced at her unfamiliar long brown hair as he sat down at the dining table. 

Kai finally took a long good look at her. He stared at her mascara-filled eye lashes. Her rosey lips that didnt jut out anymore since her braces were gone, at her coral skater skirt and white laced shirt. He looked at her brown pump heels by the door. (click here for the outfit)

He wondered if her appearance was the only thing that changed.

How different really was she? Was she still his kind, bubbly, loving Ye Na? 

No. She wasn't.

She wasn't his anymore and as Kai thought of that, his heart ached.

But he was sure as hell he didn't like her anymore. That feeling that he used to get when he was around her, that happy, giddy feeling in the pit of his stomach was gone. 

All he felt was a sort of guilt, guilt that Kai had thought he long buried. 

Kai sighed and looked down, laying his head on the table, trying to calm his mind down.

 

Ye Na couldn't take it anymore and had to look up. Her face softened seeing Kai's head gently placed on the glossy wooden table. His shaggy, dark brown hair was gone and replaced with a light brown, highlighted strands of straight silky locks. Ye Na recognized his designer jeans and red plaid top. Never did she think Kai would be the one to wear a pair of $60 Levi 501s. 

For the most part, he looked the same. Except for the fact that he got double eye lid surgery. 

She silently laughed at him. The almighty Kai, Golden Boy Kim Jongin, had gotten surgery on his precious little face. 

"At least my changes were natural." She smirked silently to herself.

Kai might have felt guilt, but Ye Na felt hatred. Now that she had calmed her nerves down, hatred filled her body.

For a whole year, she was in hell because of him. She went through so many changes in one year that it had scarred her for years to come.

 

Dara came out soon after with delicious turkey and ham sandwiches with salad and delicious fried rice and kimchi. 

"Kyungsoo yah! Come get lunch!" She yelled to the terrace. DO looked back and gave her a thumbs up, hanging up the call and walking back inside. 

Dara took her seat at the head of the table with Kai to her left, Chen to her right, and Baekhyun next to Chen. Ye Na say at the other end with DO sitting next to Kai. 

"Take as much as you want guys." Dara said handing everyone a plate.

"Everything looks amazing unnie." Ye Na complimented and took two sandwiches and plate full of rice. Kai glanced at Ye Na for a split second when he heard her voice. He hadnt noticed it before, but there was force in her voice. It wasnt weak like he had been used to. 

Dara lit up at Ye Na's compliment. "Chincha? Eat a lot guys." She urged them. Everyone smiled and took their plate fulls. 

"So Ye Na ssi, you're a wedding planner?" Baekhyun asked. Ye Na nodded to him. 

"Not just any wedding planner," DO said swallowing his food, "she's Lianna."

Ye Na raised an eyebrow towards him. "I didnt think I was famous enough for you guys to know who I was." She said with a hint of playfulness in her voice. 

DO waved her comment off. "Ye Na ssi please, everyone around here knows you. A lot of my family members talk about you and how they want you to plan their weddings." 

Ye Na's eyes happily widened. "Really?" DO nodded. "Huh, wow. I havent been here so I wouldnt know." She stated. 

"Did you guys know that Ye Na just came back from a 6 month trip in Paris?" Dara said, swallowing her salad bite. Kai looked at her. 

"Paris? She's been in Paris?!" Kai screamed to himself. 

Chen, Baekhyun, and DO all looked over at her. "Chincha??" DO asked, eyes wider than usual. Ye Na slightly smirked and nodded. 

Kai caught her smirk though. Never had he seen Ye Na smirk. Was she...getting cocky? This definitley wasnt the Lee Ye Na he knew from High School. 

"Yeah, I was taking a few months course in Paris for my business." She said like it was no big deal. The guys all awed at how nice it must have been. She quickly glanced at Kai to see his reaction, but he had the same stoic expression on since they sat down at the table. 

Her face fell when she didnt see any reaction from him. Ye Na wanted to prove herself to him. She wanted to show what he left 6 years ago. Ye Na wanted to show him that she was much better off without him.

It took a long time for Ye Na to get where she was, and she was gonna show anybody who came in contact with her. 

"Yeah, after high school I moved up to Seoul and began college at Seoul U. I did many study programs abroad. Places like America, China, England, Paris. It was hard, but all so worth it. I even got to stand on the Broadway Stage in New York City, it was amazing." She sighed at the wonderful memory. 

"Wahh." Chen dreamed with his full attention to Ye Na. "Ye Na ssi that's amazing." 

Ye Na blushed and smiled, oblivious to Kai's eye rolling. "You guys don't have to keep calling me Ye Na ssi though." She said to them. 

Dara nodded. "Yeah I'm pretty sure you're all older than her." She laughed. 

"How old?" DO asked.

"24, almost 25." Ye Na told the boys.

"Oh! You're the same age as Jongin." Baekhyun said looking over at him. "Jongin was born in January." 

"Yeah. I know." Ye Na said to herself but forced a smile and nodded on the outside. No one said anything for a few minutes as they all peacefully ate.

But Baekhyun never liked peace.

"And you know...Jongin's single too." Baekhyun winked at Ye Na. The latter's eyes went wide. She choked on her sandwich and began coughing like she had just gotten tuberculosis. DO quickly lifted fromhis chair and softly began patting Ye Na's back as she hacked. 

"Hyung!!" Kai yelled at Baekhyun in despair. 

Baekhyun snickered. "I'm just trying to lighten the mood!" 

"Chincha hyung!" Kai shook his head angrily. If only they know...if only.

"Oh come on Jongin ah, I was just playing." Baekhyun patted Kai's head before turning towards Ye Na. "Mianhe Ye Na ssi."  Ye Na gave him a half smile and a nod. 

 She suddenly realized she didnt really like Baekhyun that much. "Bastard."

Kai and Ye Na locked eyes for a split second before she broke away first, finishing her meal in awkward silence. 

She ate her last bite soon after and wiped her hands off on the napkin. "I have to go unnie." She said getting up and fixing her skirt. The guys watched as she slid out of her seatand to her heels. Kai watched with glistening eyes as she slipped her bare, pedicured foot into the closed heel shoe. 

"She's really changed..." He sighed on the inside. Ye Na turned around, her silky hair swaying to the side and walked over to Dara who was packing some of the food up for her.

"Thanks Unnie," Ye Na said taking the bag from Dara. "I'll call soon about more details for the wedding." Dara nodded and hugged her.

"Thanks for coming. I really missed you." 

Ye Na softly smiled and hugged her back. 

 

"It was nice meeting you guys!" Ye Na said as she walked towards the door. 

"Bye Ye Na!" The guys all waved goodbye, well, except for Kai. Ye Na looked at Kai as she opened the door. He had this sad look on his face that she couldnt read. 

She gave him a small nod and walked out, Kai closing the door behind her. 

 

"Oh my god..." Ye Na ran her fingers through her hair as she leaned her back against Dara's front door. She stared at the wall in front of her. 

"I did something awful Ye Na." Kai's lip began to quicker, and he told her. "Before we started dating...I...agreed to play a joke on you."

Ye Na clutched her heart. All the anger, the feelings, the betrayal, they were all coming back. She felt weak and vulnerable. 

She felt like Lee Ye Na, Man Se's Ugly Suzy.

"No." Ye Na angrily shook her head and stomped her foot on the ground, pulling her nerves back together, "Im not gonna go back to that place again." She told herself, determination taking over. 

She wasnt gonna let Kai have that effect on her. 

Ye Na stood tall and proud, her chin held high in the air and walked towards the elevator like she was walking on a million dollars. 

Kai was back, and Ye Na was gonna make him pay. 

 

 

 

Hey guys!! im sorry i havent updated in so long ~.~ you know as usual, its because of school *gags* but its the weekend and hopefully I can get another update in before Monday but then, WINTER BREAK STARTS NEXT FRIDAY ASDGHJKL.

I planning on finishing this story before winter break ends, and with that said, I want you guys to read the first chapter of this story I have been planning. 

This story is more of a emotional one, there isnt a whole lot of comedy (sorry) but its more of a "slice of life" kind of story. Its starring L.Joe, teen top, and a few original characters. 

Im only gonna keep the story public until december 20th, because this story is still my #1 priority. If the response is good for the other story, I'll start it after I finish this one (: so please check it out! it would mean a lot to me!

link: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/858311/beneath-my-skin-romance