Chapter 4

My Yixing Hyung

Since sehun’s confession, yixing started thinking. He knew he had to think it through thoroughly, if not all three of them will end up getting hurt. What was the reason behind that spark? Was it the feeling of something new? Perhaps like what they said, new is always better. That’s not it. Come on, sehun is not some new toy. Was it the kiss? Well physical contact is one way of, igniting sparks. Nope. It’s not like they haven’t had such interactions when they were promoting as exo. In fact, they do it all the time and fans loved it.

Yixing knew there was only one explanation left. He loved sehun all these while too. It was all starting to make sense now. The reason behind him choosing to stay in Korea even though he could have went back to China. The reason why he stayed in the same apartment all these years. The reason why he refused to look for another apartment even after he got together with luhan.

It’ll be inconvenient if they move away was the reason why, or so he thought. What he didn’t realised was that his mind was coming up with all sorts of excuses to suppress his truthful thoughts. The fact is, he couldn’t bear to be away from sehun. Not being able to see his little maknae, it’s beyond his imagination.

And from there, he begin to ponder upon why he got together with luhan in the first place. A love triangle was definitely something that he has never, ever pictured getting himself into. Well, there was just this one thing. He had known luhan for the longest time. Surely, being the few Chinese members in a Korean boyband, they had always been each other’s pillar of support. It could be the familiarity, feeling of belonging, and a sense of home.

He liked luhan, certainly. But do I really love him, was the question that has been on yixing’s mind.

Weeks passed and frankly, it was a few of sehun’s happiest days. Not only did he felt relieved to have finally let his secret out, he was pretty certain that yixing felt the same way as he does. And he felt even closer to yixing than before. It almost felt as though they were dating in secret. Watching romantic movies, getting bubble tea, and taking silly photos in photo booths. It was what sehun has ever imagined since he realised his feelings.

There was just one problem. Luhan.

‘Sehuna, I’m sorry,’ yixing apologised. Sehun’s heart dropped the moment he heard those words. ‘What happened yixing hyung? Are you leaving…?’ sehun asked softly. Is happiness really that short-lived? ‘Of course not! I like you sehuna… It’s just, I haven’t spoke to luhan about us yet. And to be honest, I don’t know how to either. I feel like a bad person for putting the three of us in this situation,’ yixing sighed. ‘Ah yixing hyung you really scared me! You’re really a bad person!’ sehun exclaimed as he pulled yixing into a tight hug. ‘I thought you were going to leave me,’ he added as he shut his eyes and rested his chin on yixing's shoulder. ‘You’re being silly,’ yixing replied. As he broke away from sehun’s hug, yixing took out the lokai bracelet that he bought a few weeks ago and gave it to sehun. Sehun looked at yixing in disbelief, and commented, ‘Yixing hyung you bought this for me? Hyung you’re the best! Put it on for me!’ yixing chuckled, putting on the bracelet for sehun. Ah, always his little maknae. Yixing pointed to the beads and added, ‘When you look at this, just know that I will not give us up.’ Yixing hyung, the past few weeks with you has been nothing but happiness. I’m contented, but hearing you say things like that, I can’t help but to be greedy…

Luhan, on the other hand, knew exactly what was going on despite the fact that everything remains unspoken. But everything just, felt so different. Besides, feelings are something that you don’t have to explicitly express, you simply feel. To be honest, his relationship with yixing has been one of his longest yet, after his 7 years relationship with the girl who taught him what was love. She was his first love, but despite how hard he tried to make it work, it just couldn’t. He loved her, but she loved him more. And that was why she knew that she had to let him go at that point of time. He was always missing the important occasions due to his hectic schedule, and she knew that it was not his fault. But what about her feelings? A long distance relationship was draining for the both of them, and no matter how logical and objective they tried to be, it was still too much to handle. Eventually, she broke it off with him. Her words were still fresh in his mind, even till today. ‘I love you luhan, so much. More than you can ever imagined, and that’s why I have to let you go. This is so tiring for the both of us, and neither of us wants that. Goodbye, luhan.’ It was fortunate that he had s with him, especially yixing, and a crazy schedule to follow back then to take his mind off her.

Of course, he tried to have other relationships. But none of them worked out. He was always the first to break them off, perhaps he was afraid of getting hurt again, or for loving someone so much that if that person ever leaves, he would be so broken yet again. Whenever he felt agony, helpless, and heartbreak, yixing was always there for him. With yixing, he felt like he was healing. At ease, calm and peaceful. And that was why eventually, he fell in love with yixing.

He knew, he had to let yixing go.