Chapter 2

My Yixing Hyung

Very soon, the boys were counting down for 2014. ‘3! 2! 1! Happy new year!’ They said in union. ‘Happy new year exo, let 2014 be a great year for all of us even though we don’t promote as exo anymore!’ Joonmyeon said, raising his glass for a toast. Some of them hang around for a little longer, while others went back. Eventually, the three who originally remained in the house were the only ones left. Sehun wanted to have a few more drinks with his two hyungs. Yet, he saw luhan dragging yixing into their room. From what he overheard, it seems like the both of them were bickering. He couldn’t understand much though, since both of them conversed in Chinese, but he was certain he heard his name.

‘你怎么跟他这么亲,看了有点不舒服,’(Why are you so close to him? It makes me uncomfortable) luhan said.

‘不就当他是自己的亲弟,平时相处也是这样。怎么吃起弟弟的醋来了?’ (I’m just treating him like my own brother, we’ve always been like that. Why are you jealous of sehun?) yixing answered.

‘世勋给我的感觉有点。。算了,我出去通通风,’ (It’s just, the feeling that sehun gave me is a little.. Nevermind, I’m going out for a walk,) luhan said as he took his coat and went out.

Yixing sighed, and started to think about what luhan said. Why was sehun’s heart beating so fast after we kissed, wait, we didn’t kissed, we didn’t… Yixing was getting lost in his own thoughts when he heard sehun. ‘Hyung, yixing hyung!’ Sehun called. ‘Did you and luhan hyung had a fight?’ Sehun asked the moment he saw yixing. Yixing shrugged his shoulders and answered ‘I think he's just being a little sensitive today. Anyway, what did you call me for? ‘I was just wondering if you’ll like to have a few more drinks with me, to mark the start of a great year for us’ sehun replied. ‘Sure! Since we’re not playing truth or dare anymore hahaha, I’ll get the cups’ yixing said as he went into the kitchen. He was feeling a little down as well, as luhan had never fought with him over such matters.

A few rounds of shots later, both of them were getting a little tipsy. Sehun, finally sick of keeping his feelings a secret, gathered all his courage and asked, ‘Hyung, do you wanna hear a secret?’ ‘Secret? Yah oh sehun you’re keeping secrets from your yixing hyung?’ yixing mumbled as he pointed to sehun, poking his right cheek after that. ‘My yixing hyung?’ sehun uttered with a faint smile. ‘Hyung, I like you. I like you yixing,’ sehun added, as he placed his hands on yixing’s shoulders. ‘I like you too sehuna,’ yixing replied as he looked at sehun. ‘I really like you yixing,’ sehun added. ‘I know I,’ yixing answered, but before he was even done, sehun’s lips came crushing on his. Yixing tried to resist, but he couldn't, partly because of the alcohol induced state, and partly because his wrists were being grabbed sehun. He found himself getting lost in the kiss, and eventually slipping his tongue into sehun’s mouth. When both of them broke away for a breather, sehun, in between breaths, confessed, ‘Get that? I like you, zhang yixing!’ Knowing yixing and fearing that he’ll think that it’s all a dream by the time he wake up, sehun pull yixing’s shirt away, revealing yixing’s angelic collarbones. He then gave yixing a bite up his neck, one that was hard enough to leave a mark. As yixing groaned in pain, sehun apologised, ‘Sorry hyung, so that you won’t forget about this when you wake up the next day,’ After which returning to his room, leaving yixing in the living room. You went all out, oh sehun, if he pretends that all these didn’t happened by the time you wake up, give it up, give yixing up. He leaned his back against the door, and sighed. Perhaps it was the thought of possibly leaving yixing forever, his vision became blurry all of a sudden. He remembered someone saying this, when you’re happy, laugh as much as you can, when you’re sad, cry as much as you can, and tears started flowing down.

Yixing was still in the living room, not sure whether what just happened really took place or was it just his imagination. Yet, it sparked, and yixing started to wonder. About everything. If being with luhan was what he really wanted. If the thought of sehun as his younger brother was how he truly felt towards him. Yixing placed his hands on that spot that sehun had bitten, and true enough, it’s not a dream.

Just then, luhan came back. Seeing yixing sitting on the floor, drunk, he rushed over to check on him. ‘What happened?’ Luhan asked, placing his hand on yixing’s neck. ‘You’re bleeding,’ luhan added. ‘Ah? Ah nothing much, I was just drinking and I got a bit tipsy, so I accidentally hurt myself, don’t worry,’ yixing replied as he placed his hand on luhan’s, and giving him one of his reassuring smile. I at lying, was what yixing was thinking about at that very moment. You’re a terrible liar zhang yixing, luhan thought. ‘I’ll get you a bandage,’ luhan replied as he walked away to get the first aid kit. ‘Don’t! I mean, it’s okay, it’s nothing much,’ yixing answered in a rush. He had no idea he was so worked up, so what if it’s bandaged, and so what if it’s not? Does it matter? Maybe it does, to sehun.