Chapter 2

Vampire Beside You

The calm wind leisurely ruffled over the sky and it is accompanied by peaceful chirpings from the birds that fill the quiet atmosphere. He shoved away something sharp against his face before soon realizes that it was grasses. Glancing at his right and left side in clueless, he tries to get on his waist but screaming in pain seconds after that. Damn it, it feels like his foots been chained into the ground and he unable to shift his body even a bit.

Where the hell this place is? How I end up here?

Wait.

He glanced behind and saw someone lying against the grassy ground in opposite direction. The brown-haired guy sometimes shivered, probably to make himself comfortable to sleep over grasses. Or perhaps, it’s because of chill morning breeze that makes the latter hugs himself tight and sleep so soundly.

Just by looking at the sleeping guy, everything that happened last night rushed back into his chaotic mind. It seems like a distant nightmare but somehow the feel of it still lingered so close in his head. He glanced at his own fingernails, which now look exactly like how human fingernails are. His skin turned less pale. His hair turned all black. How weird, he use to feel powerful and superior all this time but just because of one silly encounter last night, the power that he used to always carry on have just, disappeared.

“Ow!” Jong-suk jerked, he instantly rubbed his head before his palm caught something round. “Yah! Don’t throw stones at sleeping people!” He lazily steals a look behind, and quickly gets up when he saw someone with a cold expression was staring at him.

“Hey, ..hello?” Jong-suk grinned as he crossed his legs on the ground. But the grin didn’t last longer when his greeting just left hanging in the air. “How do you feel?”

“Stop acting friendly.” He said in monotonous voice. “This is your fault."

Jong-suk pretends to look somewhere, yeah anywhere as long as not into this guy’s eyes. Actually, even though there’s no red eye anymore, the sharp gazing from this man somehow still can manage to kill a soul. Jong-suk checked on his watch and it read 5:12 AM.

He sighed heavily. The burden on his shoulder makes him wanted to lying on the ground back but he quickly hold himself. He doesn’t want to risk himself for getting another throwing stones.

Last night...how did I jump over him without thinking first? He is a guy after all! I can’t believe I was too careless!

“Stop dreaming, kid. I’m not waking you up just to see your face.”

Another scold and it only makes Jong-suk’s pouts tighter. “Okay. So, what now?”

The latter let out a laugh. He 
looked aside and hints of evil still can be trace from his laughter. “Are you really asking me that stupid question?”

Jong-suk gets slightly ashamed at the cynical answer. He bowed down for a moment, try to inhales as much fresh air that he could into his lungs and then quickly facing at the latter. “How about we talk about it at my home? Maybe we can-ow!” Jong-suk hurriedly covers his face with his arms when the stones hit him once again.


“Yah, why I have to go to your home!? You should fix this thing right now and let me turn as vampire again!”

“Of course I want to fix this thing but..!” Jong-suk bites his lower lips, slowly stepped backwards. But what? It’s not that I know how to change him back by bringing him home either.

“Can you stand up?” Jong-suk immediately asked after he notices that the latter having a hard time just to straighten his feet. “My home is nearby. How about we have some rest over there first before sorting this out. You look exhausted.” He tried to lend a help but got an immediate protest so he just create a safe distance between them.

The latter growled as he rubbing his arms, act like it’s a very dirty thing ever for him to get touched by a human. “You promise to change back everything once I followed you to your home.”

Jong-suk’s throat feels dry, but he nods his head instead. “I promise.”
 

*      *    *
 

“It’s rare for you to bring someone home.”

Jong-suk turned aside, and saw his neighbour was unlocking the door just like what he does right now. “Yeah, he is my friend.” One stiff force pressed against his shoes and Jong-suk biting his lips to hold himself from scream.

“Who is your friend?” A cold whisper heard in his ears.

“See you later!” Jong-suk quickly drags both of them into the house and slammed the door quite hard, left the neighbour staring at the closed door in curious.

*    *    *
 

After arguing with the security officer about getting spare keys to his apartment, Jong-suk feels like his trouble increases by one when his neighbour approached him just now. No, of course greetings among neighbours wouldn’t hurt anyone, but this is just at bad timing. He tries to cover about him bringing someone home but unluckily it was the first thing happen once they reach at the door.

“Hey, I’m..Jong-suk.” He reach out his hand, but awkwardly keep it back into his pocket as there are no responds from the guy who leaning against the wall, gazing sharply ahead in quiet.

“What’s your name?”

“..Woo-bin.”

“EH, a Korean name?!” Jong-suk yelled, purposely making his eyes wider. “Whoa, I thought you will have cool name like Xavier, Alexander or Edward-“ Jong-suk immediately covers his mouth once he sense a death, terrifying atmosphere loomed out. Thank God he didn’t get killed. “Look, I know how to change you back to vampire.”

Only then the latter turn his head and looking at the brownish hair guy aside. “How?”

“Let me kiss you again.”

For a moment, both of them just look into each other wide eyes in awkward silence. The truth is, everytime their eyes connected, Jong-suk don’t know how to react but just let the strange feeling take over all of him.

And the next thing that he knows is, he was thrown by a manhwa at head.

“Yah! I agree to follow you home but you give me this horrible idea!” The latter shouts aloud, his broad shoulder turned upside down as he tries his best to get on his feet. He then looked down at the speechless guy who didn’t move even an inch from his original position. “You know how to fix this situation or not? Tell me a lie and you dead.”

Jong-suk gulped hard. “Actually, I..I don’t know how to. Sorry.”

The frank answer makes Woo-bin drops on the floor again and sighed heavily, and it makes Jong-suk worried to see him remain in that state for quite a moment. “You know what, I may figure out this situation if you can give me some time.” Jong-suk cautiously suggested. 

Without say anything, Woo-bin steals a glance aside where Jong-suk crouched on the floor. The tall guy who has brownish hair styled in trendy way which looks very stand out against his flawless skin. Even he dresses casually, Woo-bin ensure that Jong-suk will be able to attract peoples to turn their head twice. But despite having a pretty face, his attitude seems not fit with his image either. Too clumsy and too...annoying.

Jong-suk’s face bright a bit once he realizes that the latter was staring at him, although he don’t have a clue on what’s going on inside his mind. Woo-bin wanted to yell, going berserk or throw anything that can express out his rage but just by that one smile, he was blown away.
Undeniably, Jong-suk has one of a very beautiful smile that may instantly lights the room and it left him in speechless. Woo-bin realizes this but he just retains his tight face and look at the other side.

“How long I have to wait?”

“..I will tell you immediately if I found out anything.” Jong-suk fisted his hand, a sign that he will keep his promise.

“How could you be so relax? Do you have any idea on how scary I can be?” Woo-bin asked.

Jong-suk giggles as he just hears something hilarious. “Why I need to scare? You totally look like a human! Nobody will believe that you are once a vampire.” Before Woo-bin could say something, Jong-suk has already grabbed a mirror from a brown Japanese table nearby and put it ahead of the latter. “See? I told you-“ Jong-suk’s voice soon trailed off, as his face goes slack when he glance at the mirror.

No reflection.

He couldn’t see Woo-bin’s reflection in the mirror.

“Are you scared now?”

A shiver ran in his body before Jong-suk immediately put down the mirror on the floor. He runs a hand at Woo-bin’s black hair, before abruptly grasping them tight which makes Woo-bin to jerk out of sudden.

“Yah, you bastard. Don’t mess with my hair.” Woo-bin growled, try to pats his hair in frustration.

“Why I can’t see you in the mirror?!”

“Even I have turning human now, I still have few vampire traits in me.”

Jong-suk rushes backwards and quickly covers his neck. “Is that means you still can bite people for blood!?”

Woo-bin sighed against his shoulder. “If yes, you are no longer standing over there.”

Jong-suk sighed in relief. “You won’t kill me right?”

“Who knows.”

“Is there anything I can help you for now?”

“Just leave me alone.”

“Ah, right..” Jong-suk barely smiles as he rubbed back of his neck. He realizes that Woo-bin doesn’t have any interest in talking to him, so he tiptoes to the kitchen to make something for eat. He opened the cupboard where he store most of his food stock to find an instant noodle cup. Although there are many others stuff inside that could be eaten, Jong-suk still hunt for an instant noodle cup as he thought it as the only easy and delicious dish ever on this earth.

“Damn, I don’t know I’m running out of it.” Digging out some cash from the small box under the cupboard, Jong-suk then ran to the door before his footsteps stop out of sudden. He turned behind and Woo-bin is still there leaning against the wall, not showing any attention about his leaving.

“Let’s go to shop together?”

Woo-bin neither bows nor shakes his head. He just gazes at his side while twirling the ends of his black shirt. “Are you fool? I can’t expose to sunlight.”

Jong-suk’s slowly hand fall from the door knob. That’s right, he still posses few vampire traits in him even he was a human right now. Luckily, they arrive here before the sun completely rising in the sky or this stranger probably had been melting away.

“You are not running away right?”

Jong-suk waited for almost minute from the quiet guy to responds but he receives none.

“See you later then.”

As soon as the door is shut, Woo-bin quickly grabbed something nearby and throws it straight to the wall. He smirked mischievously at the scattered pieces of vase on the floor, and along with his hitch breathing, Woo-bin tries to get on his feet and have some trouble forcing his legs towards the door.

“Of course I still bite people for blood, you bastard!” Woo-bin shouted hysterically. Warm sweat trailed down from his jaws as he tries hard just to open the door but damn it, the gate was lock from outside. Woo-bin let out a sigh, he glances everywhere from the wall until the tables but no glimpse of keys at all. He clings on the metal gates with furrowed brows but a sudden ache in his body caused him to fall on the floor again.

I am exhausted. I really, really exhausted. I need...blood.

Woo-bin’s chaotic mind turn worsen when Jong-suk’s face appeared. This is definitely that bastard fault but..I think I have my part too, perhaps. If only I can be a little patient and waits for him to leaves first, then I would not end up exposing myself that night. Damn it, my clan will not forgive me easily with this stupid act of me.

The sound of birds chirping from outside has drawn his attention to the large window at the hall. Woo-bin’s face went blank for a moment, but then he dragged himself towards the window and pulls up the lock at the middle of the window. It works.

 

 

p/s: I'm sorry but internet connection has been very terrible these days. But now its getting normal back ^^ Also, I'm very bad at giving a name for each chapter lol. Will rename it once I get an idea. Btw, Tq for reading~