001

On Repeat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Five…

 

Four…

 

Irene kept her eyes on the clock on top of her desk, clutching her phone in one hand.

 

Three…

 

Two…

 

Tick… Tick… The thin long needle tickling, showing the seconds passed.

 

One…

 

Buzz… Buzz…

 

On Sept, 7 at exactly 7:45 am, her phone rang. A name was shown on the screen as the caller id. Suho.

 

Irene picked up her phone and answered it. "Good morning, Suho-oppa."

 

"I'm sorry for calling so early, Irene, but can we talk?" Suho's voice was heard from the other end.

 

"Uh, sure," replied Irene as she walked out from her room. She listened to what Suho said before answered again. "Geez, stop joking."

 

The same conversation, Irene sighed.

 

Irene continued strolling down the hallway until the entrance. She clutched on her phone with one hand as she used the other to put on her shoes. "How many years do you think we've been dating? Stop teasing me," she said to Suho.

 

Faintly, Irene heard her mother bid her farewell. "Take care!"

 

Carelessly, Irene waved her hand at her mother and departed to school. "Yes, yes. I'll see you at school," she ended the call. As she opened the gate of her house, she saw two little boys walk together on their way to school.

 

"Hey, kid," called Irene. She fished out something from a pocket in her bag and handed it to one of the kid. "Here."

 

The kid stared at her big eyed, looked confused. "But… I don't need a band-aid."

 

"Just take it!" Irene pushed the band-aid at the boy, forcing him to take it. The kid obeyed.

 

"What a weird Noona." Irene heard the boy mumble before he turned away, his eyes already occupied back to the PSP in his hand.

 

"Let's go!" He said to his waiting friend. But then the kid tripped, he staggered for a few steps and fell to the asphalt with loud sound.

 

Thud!

 

The same scene… Irene looked at the scene flatly, watching as the friend crouched down at the tripped boy whose knee was scrapped because of the fall. How many times have I seen this?

 

"Hey, are you okay?"

 

The kid whined. "It hurt a little and I don't have a band-aid…" He stopped talking. Both of he and his friend fell into silent for a second, before suddenly, "Ah!" they yelled at the same time, looking at the band-aid Irene just gave him.

 

There's no mistake… The same day is repeating.

 


 


At school during at lunch break, Irene met Suho at his usual resting place, under a tree in the school backyard. Irene told him that she had a bad premonition about Suho, though she couldn't tell him about the truth, about the same day was repeating and she had saw it again and again. Suho stared at her in disbelief.

 

"Hmm? What brought this on?"

 

"I told you! I have a feeling something bad will happen today, so you can't go home alone!" said Irene, she almost screamed because she was so afraid.

 

"Well…" Suho sighed, but he then change the topic. "Anyway, about the issue we talked about on the phone--"

 

Irene stood up abruptly, cutting his word. "Quit the weird jokes. At any rate, wait for me after homeroom. OK!"

 

"Hey, wait…"

 

"See you!" Irene stormed away, sulking because Suho didn't believe her.

 

Why won't he take this seriously?


 

 


As the bell signing the school hour had ended rang, Irene rushed to the school's entrance and checked on Suho's shoes in the locker.

 

"Ah!" Suho's indoor shoes were there. "Of course, he went home. Suho-oppa, you idiot! Even after my warning!"

 

Irene changed her own shoes and quickly ran out. I know the place… She let her legs brought her, to the street that Suho always took on his way home.

 

"There he is!" Irene saw Suho's figure at afar.

 

I got here on time!

 

"Suho-oppa…!"

 

Then right in front of her eyes, out of nowhere someone lunged toward Suho with a knife in his hand.

 

Again, today repeats…

 

Irene widened her eyes as she saw Suho got stabbed.

 

The ending is always the same…

 

Blood spilled out from the wound on his chest and he fell to the ground.

 

Suho-oppa…

 

"No…"


 

 


"NO!"

 

Irene screamed and jolted awake from her sleep in cold sweat. She panted, sitting on her bed, eyes tearing.

 

To

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter