004

Oaskyda

 

The first day of school was finally over, Minyoung walked with Jiyeon, Hara, and her brother until the siblings had to part ways with the two girls. When they walked home there was an odd silence between them. 

"So, how were classes? Is being a senior hard?" 

Junyoung looked a little surprised at her sudden question, then smiled. 

"A bit, actually. All the university and college mumbo-jumbo is overwhelming, but other than that I guess I have a pretty laid-back semester right now."

They grinned at each other and Minyoung told him what happened at lunch with Hara and Suyeob. When Junyoung heard this he was laughing his head off and wishing he was there to see it. For the two siblings, they hadn't realized how the time had flew by by the time they were home. 

Junyoung turned the key to the front door and they both went inside. 

"I'm going to take a shower. After playing all that basketball, I must stink." 

Junyoung smiled and waved his hand for her to go ahead. Minyoung rushed to her room got herself a pair of comfortable clothes and a towel. As she turned the door knob, the phone started ringing. Junyoung saw it was their mother. He picked up and Minyoung stood outside waiting. 

"What?....Now?....Okay we'll be there in 15 minutes."

He put down the phone and turned to Minyoung.

"Minyoung we have to help out in the restaurant, the place is overflowing with students. I'll explain on the way, just hurry," he said hastily, turning to get the house keys.

Without a moments notice Minyoung put the clothes on the table and rushed to put her shoes on. The two of them ran to the shop and opened it to see students from their school celebrating the first day with food from one of the best restaurants- well, at least that's what they thought. When Minyoung and Junyoung both entered their jaws dropped. Selin was sitting right there in the restaurant in front of her, along with Yugyeom. Junyoung shook Minyoung's shoulder, and she waved a dismissive hand to let him know not to worry.

They both went to the back and put on their aprons. Minyoung then came outside into the front where the register was and hugged her mom. However what she didn't know is that Selin was looking her way. 

Wow, she looks so cute in an apron.

Minyoung helped her mom out in the front and Junyoung helped the chef in the back. Everytime Junyoung came out he noticed that Selin had his eyes locked on Minyoung. He told Minyoung to head into the kitchen instead and help with the food. She nodded and went inside. Junyoung shot a glare at Selin who then turned his attention back to his own table. 

Is that her boyfriend?

After working for a couple of hours Junyoung sent Minyoung home.

"You didn't get time to take your shower, now did you? It's getting late, you should go home. Okay, kiddo?"

Minyoung nodded, put the apron on the hanger, and then took the keys to the house. She started walking towards her house and the sun was just about to set. She started humming Infinite's song, Last Romeo.

While she was walking she came across a park and sitting on the swing set was none other than Selin himself. His hair was moving back and forth because he was swinging lightly on the set. He lifted his head slowly and saw Minyoung. His cheeks flushed slightly.

She  slowly walk to him, and a small sneeze escaped his lips. Minyoung let out a giggle which turned Selin's cheeks crimson. She took a seat on the swing next to his and smiled. He smiled back and Minyoung looked to the dark and light sky that cross faded each other. One side had the sun shining and the other had the stars glistening. It was truly lovely and something really beautiful to see.

"Sunsets are so pretty, don't you think so?" Minyoung asked in a small voice.

She started swinging lightly and looked at Selin. Selin turned to look at the floor and then remembered. 

"Say, was that guy at the restaurant your boyfriend?" 

Minyoung looked at him confused and tried to remember which guy he was talking about. 

"Oh! You mean Junyoung? He's not my boyfriend, he's my brother."

Selin looked at Minyoung for a second and then burst out laghing. 

"I can't believe I came to such a conclusion. Anyways, I'll drop you home, it's getting late, and you should need a strong muchacho like me, right?"

Selin smiled cheekily.

"Don't get too cocky," Minyoung teased.

She smiled sweetly and Selin flushed a bright red. He hid half his face in his scarf and began walking. Minyoung followed him and started humming again. The silence was comfortable more than awkward between them and neither wanted to ruin it, so Minyoung continued humming and Selin kept listening. She sounded angelic.

After 15 minutes they arrived at her apartment.

"Thank you for walking me home," Minyoung smiled as she unlocked the house.

Minyoung left Selin at the door and ran inside the house. After a minute of waiting she came out and took his hand. Selin's pulse quickened, and he looked down to see his hand which was being held by Minyoung. She opened his plam, and placed something inside. She waved him goodbye as he walked off. Minyoung shut the door quietly behind her and smiled to herself. It was her little way of thanking him. She hoped Selin would be her friend for a long time.

I hope he likes strawberry candy.

Meanwhile Selin looked at his hand in his pocket and decided to look at what Minyoung gave him. He opened his hand and saw that Minyoung had placed a strawberry candy in his palm. He walked out of the building, smiling to himself, and looked up once he was outside. The last of the setting sun had faded and was replaced by incandescent stars. He sighed contently and made his way home.