003

Oaskyda

What Jiyeon wanted was to go eat in the cafeteria. What Jiyeon got was a bench. And an almost-trampled-over lunch.

What happened was; Jiyeon couldn't get into the cafeteria. Almost all the guys from her old school were greeting her in the hallway- she was always well-known and admired amongst the boys because of her love for sports and her cool attitude. Plus, she was hard to impress.

She had just walked through a hallway full of "fans", and the cafeteria was absolutely full. Her only option was a bench- where there was another boy sitting. From the looks of him, he was older and also was an athlete.

Jiyeon cleared as she approached him.

"Is... is someone sitting here?"

The boy looked up.

"No, have a seat."

He put his backpack down beside him to make room.

"Thank you."

Jiyeon sat down.

She opened her lunch bag and took out her sandwich- which almost became road-kill in the hallway when she accidentally dropped her lunchbag.

"I like how its so quiet," Jiyeon whispered to no one in particular.

"It is," the boy replied. "That's why I'm sitting here. I couldn't find my friends anywhere, and I couldn't find a spot in the cafeteria, and all the girls... it was so annoying."

"That's... that's exactly why I ended up here, too."

The boy smiled at Jiyeon's response.

"I see you are an athlete, too," he said, inspecting the sticker on her backpack.

"Yeah," Jiyeon smiled at him.

"I'm Yugyeom," the boy introduced.

"I'm Jiyeon."

They shook hands.

There was a silence. All that could be heard was chatter from further away and the soft sounds of chewing.

Jiyeon broke the silence.

"I don't mean to be rude or anything, but how long have you been here?" she asked.

"I'm actually a freshman, I'm from Natsume Academy. And I know, I definitely don't look like it. You?"

"I'm a freshman, too," said Jiyeon, "I'm from Ouran Junior High."

"Ah, that's cool."

Yugyeom smiled. "What's your favourite sport?"

Jiyeon frowned at him.

"Do you know how difficult of a question that is?"

Yugyeom laughed.

"Well, if I had to choose, it'd be soccer." 

He smiled again softly. Just then Jiyeons' phone vibrated in her pocket. 

"Ah, can you give me a second?" 

Yugyeom nodded. Jiyeon unlocked her phone and saw that Hara had sent her a message. 

Where are you? We've been searching for you everywhere. Meet us in front of the basketball court. 

"Oh boy, it seems I gotta go." 

"Can I come?" 

Jiyeon seemed surprised for a second but then nodded with a smile. The both of them head to where Hara had instructed and saw the girls and two other boys apporching them. 

"Suyeob, Selin? What are you guys doing here?" 

Yugyeom was utterly confused about what was going on. 

"I came here cause this little kitty forgot her litter box in the nurse's office." 

Selin held up the bag and a sudden shocked expression took over Minyoung's face. Meanwhile Hara was lost at looking in Selin's direction, her cheeks flushed a light pink. Jiyeon waved her hand in front of Hara's face which made Hara snap back to reality. 

"That's mine!" 

He handed her the bag and she hugged it tightly without even realizing, and a small chuckle escaped Selin's lips. 

"What about you Suyeob?" 

Yugeom turned to Suyeob. 

"Um, well I finished lunch early and tried to find you guys, then I saw Min- I mean Selin and then here I am." 

Jiyeon then walked beside Minyoung, followed by Hara. 

"Okay we seriously need to do an introduction, I'm Jiyeon. This here is our kitten Minyoung, and our charmer, Hara." 

Yugyeom smiled as Selin and Suyeob walked up beside him. 

"I'm Yugyeom, the athletic one, this is Suyeob, the intelligent one, and Selin, the baby."

"Hey! I'm also smart!" 

Selin yelled into Yugyeom's ear so loud, Yugyeom spaced out for a second. The girls laughed at how childish the boys look. After the intoductions the boys played basketball while the girls had their lunch. 

"So how did you meet Selin?" 

Jiyeon nudged Minyoung, and Minyoung blushed a bright red.

"Um, I was running in the hall when I crashed into a metal door. When I woke up I was in the nurse's office, and found out he was the one who opened the door that I crashed into."  

Jiyeon had a serious face for a second and then burst out laughing, while Hara just sat there eating her lunch with a serious expression. All of a sudden, a basketball hit the back of Hara's head making her spit out the water she was drinking. 

She coughed out the water. "What the heck was that?"

She turned around to find Selin and Yugyeom pointing at Suyeob. 

"So it was you!" 

"Sorry, well not really." 

"Why you little-" 

Hara was almost about to kill Suyeob, when Jiyeon held Hara by the arm and Minyoung by the waist. The boys jumped back in surprise, at how violent Hara could get, however they don't know that Hara took Kendo for 9 years. 

"Say you're sorry you idiot or she'll really kill you!" 

"Okay, okay! I'm... sorry that the ball hit you. There, we good now?"

Minyoung and Jiyeon let go of Hara but what they didn't see coming was Hara kicked the back of Suyeob's knee making him fall on the ground, while Hara walked off in frustration. Jiyeon and Minyoung looked at each other and let out a small giggle. 

"It doesn't look like they'll be getting along too well." 

Minyoung scrached the back of her head while smiling nervously. 

"Yeah but in that moment they looked like a married couple." 

Everyone except Suyeob laughed, Suyeob however picked up the basketball and threw it toward Minyoung. 

"I don't know how to play."

"Come on, you've had a little experience with me, let's play!" 

Minyoung smiled brightly and nodded, resulting in making Selin and Suyeob blush. The five played basketball for the rest of lunch until the bell rang and they went back to their classes.

 

Minyoung parted ways with her friends and bumped into her brother.

"Hey, Minyoung," Junyoung smiled and hugged his little sister. "How is school so far?"

"I really like it!" Minyoung beamed at her older brother.

"I'm glad," said Junyoung, then kissed the top of her head. "Make any new friends?"

"Yes, actually. Suyeob, Yugyeom, and Selin. Hara, Jiyeon and I all met and became friends. They're really nice. Except I don't think Hara and Suyeob will get along well..."

Junyoung let out a small laugh.

"But Suyeob, Yugyeom and Selin... are they boys?"

"Yes," Minyoung answered. "They're from Natsume Academy. And they're really nice. And I have Jiyeon and Hara with me, so there is nothing to worry about!"

Minyoung smiled.

Junyoung hugged her goodbye and told her to get to her next class.