001

Oaskyda

BEEP! BEEP!

"AHH!"

Minyoung wailed as she jumped out of her bed. Realizing it was the new alarm clock her brother had bought for her a couple days ago, she breathed a sigh of relief and reached over to turn the horrid thing off.

She made her bed and changed into her new uniform, which in her opinion, was much better than her middle school uniform. This one was black with white rims while her other one was navy blue instead. The skirt was longer- almost up to the knees- which was something about the uniform that she really loved. It matched her brother's- Junyoung's- who's uniform was a black shirt with the rim of the sleeve cuffs white, black trousers, and a white tie.

Minyoung was starting highschool today, and she was as excitable as ever. Of course all of her last year in middle school she'd been just waiting for the day she'd start highschool, unlike others, she didn't want to waste a minute- definitely, she wouldn't want to be late for the first day! Her brother was in the school, too, but it was his graduating year. It upset Minyoung that she wouldn't have her brother for more than a year in her school, but she was happy to be seeing him graduate.

Minyoung made her way to the main room of the small apartment she lived in with her brother, Junyoung, and her mother.

Well, technically, Minyoung was not related to Junyoung and his mother. But she'd been living with them from a young age when she lost her parents. She doesn't remember anything about her father who left before her first birthday, but she always felt negative for him. She was just about to start kindergarten when her mother was very ill. The depression had eaten her away, and since Junyoung's mother and her mother were best friends, Junyoung's mother took Minyoung into their family and raised her. Minyoung had completely buried her past and accepted being a part of Junyoung's family. She'd loved it from the beginning. She loved being a part of the Moon family, she really did. There was no father in Junyoung's house, either. It was just his mother, who owned a restaurant to keep the apartment and to pay the bills. During their vacations, Minyoung and Junyoung helped out everyday in the restaraunt- which was a cute little diner. But now that school was beginning, they would only be able to go on the weekends.

"Good morning!" Junyoung greeted her happily.

"Good morning!" she beamed back at him.

"Are you ready to start highschool?"

Minyoung beamed even brighter at her older brother.

"Of course!"

"Ah, you are too cute."

Junyoung ruffled her hair and hugged her tightly.

"So..." he began as he let go of her, "Mom packed some breakfast for you. She told me to wish you the best for your first day. Oh, and don't be scared at all!"

Minyoung shook her head. "I'm not scared!"

Junyoung chuckled softly and got both of their backpacks. They stepped out and Junyoung locked the apartment behind them as they left.

"Did you tell Mom to come back safe?" Minyoung asked softly.

Junyoung turned to her and they began walking.

He smiled softly and replied, "of course I did."

 

At the main lobby, they ran into no other than Minyoung's greatest friends in the world- Jiyeon and Hara.

Jiyeon was the first to see Minyoung and ran up to her and give her a hug.

"Minyoung, you look so cute!"

Minyoung beamed. "You too, Jiyeon! The uniform suits you so well!"

Jiyeon smiled sweetly.

"Minyoung!"

Jiyeon and Minyoung turned around as Hara approached, who ran up and hugged Minyoung as well.

"Hara!" Minyoung gasped. "You look like a supermodel."

"Oh!" Hara blushed a light shade of pink, "I don't really. But thank you, Minyoung. You're too sweet."

Jiyeon looked up and beamed. "Junyoung!"

She gave Junyoung a hug, too, and Junyoung kissed the top of her head.

"Good to see you, Jiyeon," he said, "are you ready for school?"

Jiyeon beamed, similar to Minyoung. "Yes, of course! Just thinking about all the sports clubs and all..."

Jiyeon let out a small squeal of excitement and started toward the exit, taking Minyoung by the hand as she went along.

The four of them walked to school and talked happily about how exciting this year would be for them.

Minyoung handed half of her breakfast bagel to Jiyeon- she and Jiyeon always split their food with each other. Hara wasn't a fan of sharing food, but Minyoung and Jiyeon didn't mind at all.

 

Yesterday was the orientation for the freshmen and, the girls were only in different classes during the first two classes in the morning, after that they had the rest of their classes together. Junyoung gave Minyoung a kiss on the forehead and gave her a tight hug before leaving to find his friends. Soon after, the three girls split ways, wishing each other good luck.

 

Minyoung turned back to wave at them when-

Crash.

"AH!"

Minyoung had just crashed into someone causing her to fall backwards on the floor. 

"I am so sorry! I didn't see you there!"

"Ahahah, don't worry about it! I'm sure you're new here, too."

Minyoung opened one eye, and looked up seeing the smiling face of another freshman boy, she looked up at him.

"Hi, I'm Suyeob," he said sweetly as he extended a hand and helped her up. He had a cute smile.

"Ah...Ahah...Hi!"

Minyoung quickly recollected herself, got up and smiled back. 

"I'm... I'm Minyoung."

She shook hands with Suyeob.

"What class do you have now?" Suyeob asked.

"... uh?"

Minyoung showed Suyeob her schedule.

Suyeob smiled.

"Me too!" he said. "We can walk there together."

Minyoung beamed at him. "Okay!"

======================================

Enjoy ^-^