CHAPTER 31 : ENGAGEMENT

HEARTBEAT DANCE

 

 

 

“ I think it’s about time ..”

“ I agree with you Mrs. Gong .. We have given them enough time and they are at the right age to get married ..”

“ My daughter and your son would make a great couple isn’t it? ..”

“ Yes .. And this would be the best move for both of our companies .. “

“ We should prepare and announce their formal engagement shouldn’t we? “

“ Ah yes Mrs.Gong .. Then later on we could prepare for their wedding ..”

 

Minzy heard it all clearly when she was about to leave their house library. Her mother had met up with Ki Kwang’s father and discussed their wedding plans for both of them. She knew this time will come but it still came to her in shock.

 

She stared blankly into space when a knock interrupted her.

 

“ Who is it? “

“ It’s me my dear ..”

“ Oh Umma .. Is something wrong ?”

“ Oh no my dear .. everything’s fine .. take a seat .. I wanna have some little chit chat with you “

 

She quietly took the seat opposite her mother and tried not to look at her.

 

“  I know you just came back and taking your time here in Seoul ..”

 

She felt a lump in had formed. Her mom’s going to say it to her anyways.

 

“ But I think it’s already time .. By tomorrow we would be announcing your engagement to Ki Kwang to the public ..”

 

Silence. She was trying to digest everything. Slowly.

 

“ I know it’s too fast my dear .. But I’m also getting old and I want to see my daughter walk her way to the altar and probably see my granddaughters or sons to be .. That would be so beautiful ..”

 

She let out a soft smile. She knew she couldn’t disappoint her. Her mother only have her.

 

“ Y-Yes .. Umma … “

 

“ Good .. now why don’t you change and get to your designer for some beautiful clothes tomorrow ? I still have to talk to the press people downstairs ..”

 

“ Ah .. yeah .. “

 

She nodded and watched her mother leave. She was too scared to say her feelings and there really wasn’t going back now.

--------------------------------------------------------------

 

Meanwhile, a guy carefully watched the TV screens as breaking news flashed. The daughter of the business tycoon, Mrs. Gong would be engaged to the son of the owner of restaurant chains all over Korea.

The news spread like wildfire and everyone’s talking about it even in the diner he’s in.

 

 

 

He stared at the screens as he crumpled the newspapers in his hands.