CHAPTER 30 :DELUSIONAL

HEARTBEAT DANCE

 

 

 

“ It feels so good to be back here. I can’t believe I’m here in Seoul again. “ Minzy was admiring the view from the restaurant window. She was smiling and feeling good as she held her cup of tea.

 

“ You really do missed Seoul right? Nothing much happened here. Still look the same”

 

“ Still the same .. The place, the feel of it … and the memories ..” Her words trailed off as she looked on the people passing by.

 

Ki Kwang broke off the minute silence and offered to order some food.

 

“ Uhm, why don’t we order now. I know Minzy’s hungry already. She’s more excited to eat than anything”

 

“ Ya you make me sound so bad in front of my bestfriend. “ She lightly punched his arm. Min was watching the two of them, smiling.

 

“ Aigoo, you two looked sweet .. “ Ki Kwang can only smiled at Min while she only kept quiet.

 

Until now, she can’t fully accept Ki Kwang in her heart. It’s not that she doesn’t want him, he’s a good man and he had expressed his intentions on her, but then again her heart still can’t forget him.

 

She shifted her gaze around and spotted a man a table away from them. Her heart skipped a beat the moment she laid eyes on the man. She don’t know why but she thought she resembled him. She blinked again but can’t see the man’s face.

 

Ani .. That’s not him. Remember Minzy he already left Seoul. There’s no way he could be that guy.

 

Before she could turn to look again, Min called her attention.

 

“ Minzy-yah, something wrong? ..”

 

“ Ah, Aniyo .. C’mon let’s eat now “

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Minzy and Ki Kwang drove straight home after their lunch with Min. Min still have some errands to run so she didn’t come with them.

 

To their surprise ,her Umma was waiting there for them. She thought she was busy with work but here she was, eager to see them.

 

“ Umma! I thought you were in your office? ..”

 

“ I cancelled all my appointments because this is a very special day. I’m glad to see you again Minzy. You’ve grown so much. “ She was glad to hear that from her mom. She smiled and turned to Ki Kwang.

 

“ Hello Mrs. Gong. How are you? “

 

“ Is that you Ki Kwang? You’ve grown so much, more like a man now. Thank you for taking care of my daughter ..”

 

“ You don’t need to thank me, Mrs. Gong .. I will always take care of Minzy .”

 

“ That’s good to hear and anyway don’t call me Mrs. Gong anymore, soon I’ll be your mother-in-law. Right Minzy? “

 

She only answered her mom with a soft smile. She’s still not ready to marry yet. Not ready to settle down and Ki Kwang also knew that.

 

“ C’mon , you go rest in your rooms , I know you’re tired, I let the maids assist you ..”

 

“ Komawo Umma .. “

 

“ Ara. Go ahead. Take some rest.”

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Minzy was sitting on her bed, her mind’s drifting away. The Volt came into her mind. Right, why hadn’t she thought of it?

She changed clothes and made her way to the Volt. Nothing much has changed since she left. The building still carried the old vintage design it has on the outside to camouflage with other establishments.

 

She adjusted her cap and went inside. The scene had always been the same. The place was packed with lots of people trying to showdown their talents and trying to have some new friends along the way. Crews and onlookers flocked in groups.

 

She made her way to the bar where she had her first dance battle. It was still early so most were only killing their time.

 

She sat at the bar and ordered some drink. She turned her head and spotted some crowd at the side. Probably there’s someone dancing. A group of girls came running excited.

 

“ C’mon I heard that’s the renowned dance master ..”

 

“ Really? Omo .. I wanna see him .. “

 

“ They said he came back from Paris .. He studied in a prestigious dance school ..”

 

Dance master? Studied in Paris? Wait .. If I’m not mistaken …

 

*ring* *ring*

 

“ Oh who’s calling me at this time? .. Hello? Arasso. I’m going now ..”

 

She took one last look at the crowd and left. She just she guesses wrong to who the dancer was.