ESCAPED: History

Kill Me Before I Die

Before reading, you might want to click this link first.


 

Twinkling dusts glowing out of the range of tiny bottles, which were queued randomly on silver shelves that surrounded the high-ceiling room. Most potions of the medicine were out of reach, unless if one could swim upwards to grab a hold of cure.

The capable creatures of reaching out for the mythical bottles were no other than mermaids and mermen, and one of them—the princess—currently was dragging Krystal into the room which was filled with antics. The vampire’s own pale palm was pressed onto her forehead, as a hiss of pain and blurry vision began to cloud her consciousness. “Unnie, where are you taking me?” Mutter was hushed yet it travelled perfectly into Jessica’s eardrums, before another curiosity popped out of Krystal’s drained lips. “Why do you have green eyes rather than brown… like mine?”

Nothingness replied the young woman’s child-like questions, before a great pressure landed on her shoulder, forcing Krystal to sit down on a grey stool. Seconds ticked by in a sloth’s pace, when a bitter crooked up smile appeared on Jessica’s face as she slowly spoke, “You eventually remember me now… do you perhaps, remember everything?” Voice faintly vibrated the whole space of the room, as her figure shifted behind Krystal.

Despite the throbbing pain which demanded to be treated, a high hesitation didn’t fail to creep into Krystal’s rationality, as her eyebrows were furrowed. “I don’t know what you are talking about, unnie. Haven’t you been my older sister since the day I was—born?” Clueless was what the vampire felt, and the fact that Jessica was nowhere near her sight made it worse. Somewhere inside of her hidden memories, Krystal knew that Jessica was her biological sister, however, the source of the abrupt memory remained vague to her—which caused Krystal to doubt her own mind. Perhaps, she really was going insane ever since a thrilling shriek began to echo in her mind.

Accompanied by dark smokes which appeared nonchalantly, as it twisted and swirled behind Jessica’s cracking features, her demand has begun to became evil and desperate, “I want you to remember everything—everything that happened in the past.” Even though her voice didn’t risen to form a shout, the tone of it was hinted with maddening frustration and longing. It was when an old clam, which had a surface as hard as a rock, smashed on the top of Krystal’s head, that the princess’s voice hollered throughout every inches of the room. “If one hit from the table could return your recognition of me, then a thousand of hits surely could return another thousands of memories!” The earlier pair of gorgeous aqua orbs were now replaced by dilated pupils, as a teardrop of blood heavily flowed down her porcelain skin.

The tiny bleed from Krystal’s forehead was widened within every smashes of the clam from Jessica’s extraordinary force. Only vibrations of the young woman’s half-conscious whimpers and crackling of the clam filled the air, and when Krystal thought that everything will end there, a harsh flung of the door greeted them. The sight of Donghae along with the muscular guards, and a peek of Kai who trailed behind them, halted Jessica’s violence. The mermaid’s startle only lasted for a second, before her hands began pumping down the clam onto Krystal’s head, which was smeared in blood, again.

Shouts from a familiar voice—Kai, registered first in Krystal’s remaining consciousness, as he demanded Jessica to stop. Yet the prince halted his rushing steps with his authority, before Donghae eventually stormed over his princess. His strong arms wrapped around Jessica’s frail wrists as both of them struggled. The prince strained to keep her hands off her own sister, whilst the princess kept demanding to be freed. “Leave me alone! I wish to spend my last moment of breathing with my only sister here! Let me make her remember everything! Oppa, let me go!” Occasional screams from Jessica escaped in between Donghae’s grunts as she slowly became hysterical in his grip which she used to love.

“You only hurt her more and do you realise that you are only going to kill Krystal if you keep torturing her like this! Remember, Jessica—! She is your sister! It would not help anything if you are acting violently to her! Everything was just a spell!” Never in the prince’s life had he imagined himself to yell at the woman who he loved so dearly. Yet right then, Donghae knew that he had no other choice than to shout on the top of Jessica’s screeching shriek.

With a spun of her cracking body, Jessica eventually pried Donghae’s firm grip away from her wrists, as her dilated orbs flared with anger. “Don’t you dare to mention the word ‘spell’ to me—you were the one who caused my soul to turned into a mermaid when I was about to die!”

“No—do not say the word ‘die’, Jessica. You knew that I only did that to save your life from your sister’s attack.” His teary eyes scanned her skin, which was crumbling one by one. That once wonderful Jessica who he had known was turning into his worst nightmare.

“What’s living in me now is the spell rather than my own soul, oppa! I am tired of trying to fight it! I knew that I really am supposed to go now—but I can’t.” At the exact second Jessica began panting after the release of the painful truth, was the moment when everything in the room seemed to move in a slow motion. A throb of pain shot into the prince’s heart, bringing him back to the reality as he was startled by Jessica’s statement.

The princess eventually broke down as a rush of twinkling tears washed away the drop of blood from her closed eyes. With strength which began to give in, her fragile figure heavily dropped onto the ground. Quivering lips greeted Donghae’s pitiful and guilty sight, when Jessica croaked out, “At least let me knock out the hidden memories out of Krystal. At least let me do that—my prince.”

Those range of syllables didn’t make it hard for Donghae in believing that it slipped out directly from Jessica, instead of the spell. He knew—the prince of Atlantis knew it very well that their time was up. Yet he found it extremely difficult to let everything go. “Guards. Take in the sea-witch.”

Even with the weak command from their prince, the guards found their faint enthusiasm in acting strict when the mentioned sea-witch was escorted into the room, which was slowly being filled with the black smoke from Jessica’s cracking figure. Petal-like dress which was drenched in the colour of dark blood hugged the middle age witch’s petite body as her black hair waved down her waist. Seaweed-painted tail shifted her figure closer toward the royals, expression remained cold. “So this is the time when the spell is up, before the destiny and fate on your palms will run normally again.” Her dark irises plastered onto Jessica’s trembling body, piece by piece of her skin slowly dispersed into twirling smokes.

A harsh drop of a tear eventually rolled down Donghae’s eyes which refracted his agony, as he carefully held onto Jessica’s frail arms from behind, facing the sea-witch in desperation. “Please… let my princess to stay longer by my side.”

“I am sorry, your highness. But I—”

“I will reward you with anything! Anything, please! Just let her live…”

Despite the uncommon sight of the prince, who begged and cried his heart out, the sea-witch had no choice but to close one eye to Donghae’s despair. Kai’s sight began to be clouded by damp tears as he watched the scene which painfully laid before his eyes. Even though the outsiders always pictured a witch like her (whether in a mermaid form or a human one) to appear cruel, he noticed that they were somehow wrong, because that sea-witch in front of him showed mercy which was swiftly tagged along with pity.

Frown shaded the sea-witch’s milky forehead as she lightly shook her head upon hearing Donghae’s plea. “Your majesty, I am truly sorry. You cannot stay longer with her. This is the limitation of the spell—when the princess had finally witnessed her own sister breathing and alive, then she shall be gone in an instant.” The prince’s wail, however, only caused the sea-witch to felt sympathy for his sufferance. Within a couple of soft wags of her tail, the sea-witch made her way closer towards Donghae, before she caressed his damp cheek with a palm in an attempt for him to listen and look at the reality. “What lives in Princess Jessica now is not Jessica. The moment when her sister woke up from drowning, was the moment when her time was up. It is the spell which is living in her body, your highness. It is the spell.”

“But she is still my fiancée! We are supposed to get married! She is my Jessica!” The prince’s wail abruptly halted when Jessica’s golden tail cracked away, dispersed into the thin swirling smoke before a pair of porcelain legs greeted their view.

Placing a supporting hand on his shoulder, the sea-witch shook her head swiftly as the princess—which began to return into her original shape—was losing her strength in the ticking seconds. “She is still yours even when she flies to the heaven, your highness. But she does not belongs here now. Let her go.”

“No! Look, she is still breathing—look!”

“Until you believe in what you need to believe, her soul would not rest in peace and the dark side of the spell will continue haunting her supposedly dead body—that is why you can see that she is still breathing.”

Another groan of despair echoed throughout the castle, causing more guards to barge into the tall room. Donghae buried his face into the princess’s brunette as his strong arms caught her falling figure. “Hang on, my princess. Please—don’t leave me alone here.” His grief was muffled in between the crook of her neck and her hair as the lifeless woman was pulled into a longing embrace.

As a respect for the separated pair of lovers, the sea-witch left a few moments for the prince to cherish her remaining, before a crystal blade popped out from behind. A firm nod was sent towards the guards, who were halted when they were about to charge forward to protect the royals, as a gesture that the sea-witch knew how to handle the blade without any intention of betraying. “Please let her go, your highness. Let her go in peace.”

Trembling, weak, and fragile voice interrupted the scene, as Krystal who still remained seated on the stool in a lack of power, called out, “Soyeon unnie… my head hurts.” Despite the fuss of the guards who tried to hold Kai back, the man dashed forward and wrapped his protective arms around Krystal—calming her down as his cold fingers wiped her tears away. The mermen guards found no guts to take the werewolf away from Krystal, as they had enough in watching that once contentment royal couple before their eyes being separated by death and spell.

Ceasing his sobbing in order to stand strong and rational, Donghae eventually lifted his head up from Jessica’s brown locks, before his trembling hand slowly took the shining object from the sea-witch, and slipped the crystal blade into her flat stomach, breaking the entire spell—and letting Jessica heave out her last breathe.

 

 

Kai admitted that he had been fooled by the sea-witch's calm demeanour back there with the prince. Because her seaweed-painted tail currently was wagging rapidly as her slender arm pulled Kai, who had Krystal on his back, upwards in a heavy travel against the flow of the water. As he glanced over his broad shoulder, with a peek at Krystal’s drained features, Kai could still see the cerulean castle with mythical faint sparks exploded from it—which Kai sure came from the broken spell—before it eventually dispersed into the rich gradient of the sea, as fast as it appeared in the first place.

An arm span before all of them could reach the wall of the water, the sea-witch abruptly halted her move as Kai struggled to keep his balance along with Krystal on his back. His eyes travelled downwards as the older mermaid retreated her grip from his wrist, causing Kai to be panicked in the thought of falling back to the ground.

The mythical creature seemed to notice his trepidation, as a faint smile along with a frown graced upon her features. “Worry not, my dear. There is a spell casted for you and the young lady for not being pulled down by the gravity—along for you to breathe in the water.” A brief pause filled up the space when the earlier anxiety of Kai was swept away by a single nod. “Now, you need to be quick. Swim to the surface to break the spell—or else this beautiful girl will lose all of her blood.” Her voice was soon replaced by an alerting concern, as her eyes widened within each syllables.

Furrowed eyebrows replied the sea-witch’s alert, as Kai eventually asked in bewilderment, “No, Krystal will be all right. She’s a vampire. And vampires don’t lose blood. They gain it, instead.”

“Oh, maybe she is not what you think she is, dear. Just like how much the spell changed our poor princess.”

“What do you mean? Krystal is a vampire ever since she was born.”

“How did you acknowledged that, son? Did she ever tell you about her background?”

Suddenly, a hit of realisation struck Kai. And in between the range of confusions, he wondered if the reason why the mermaid swam so fast before, was because of her theory about Krystal, who might lose all of her blood in the mythical sea. “We barely knew each other. But what else could she be than a vampire? I’ve seen it with my own eyes—fight with her, even.” The werewolf didn’t know why, but an abrupt fire of anger risen in him. Perhaps it was due to the realisation that he actually not know anything about Krystal. He shouldn’t be bothered about it at all, since everything in his mind right then was about Ji Hye and returning her back. Yet he noticed another colour of something vague, like a forgotten image and scattering streaks of red, blue, black—smashing down into him.

Just like before, the sea-witch only curled up a mysterious grin, and repeated in a hushed tone, “Maybe she is not what you think she is, dear.” Her almost gentle gaze landed on Krystal, before another round of frown crinkled her forehead. “Boy, you need to go now. She is dying.”

“But I can’t swim like you. Why can’t you send us up instead?” His hands fixed Krystal’s slipping position on his back, careful not to hurt her more as he got a firmer grip around her legs.

A shook of head answered Kai’s request, before the mermaid spoke up, “I am afraid that I cannot fulfil your wish, young man. Creatures like us are prohibited from reaching out for the sun in the outer world. If we do, our whole being will completely vanish off from existence.”

“Like a vampire?” That question escaped the tip of Kai’s tongue without his awareness. And in all of sudden, he realised that Krystal was a vampire.

As if the werewolf in front of her was an open book, the sea-witch easily read his thoughts before a nod was given. “Yes. Like a vampire.” Upon shifting over for Kai to have a full access to the surface above, the tailed creature demanded, “Now go, young man. Go, before it is too late.”

So Kai began moving his legs, fighting the flow of water as he peeked a glance over his shoulder, towards the sea-witch who sent him a respectful and a farewell bow. With one arm supporting Krystal, and another one grasping for a grip as he broke the wall of the water with wagging head and slapping locks, Kai eventually reached for the land as he gasped for oxygen. That was when he noticed of how much he missed the fresh breeze.

Rolling up onto the bare ground, Kai gently laid Krystal beside him, breathe was still quickened and needy. Perhaps it was the side effect of the broken spell, Kai thought. His dark brown irises scanned the dampened woman before his eyes.

And again, he realised that there was no chest movement from her.

Another struck of panic registered in Kai’s mixed emotions as he closed their distance. Faint calls for Krystal repeated itself on Kai’s tongue, as it gradually increased to shouts along with shoulder shaking. Tears have begun to brim in his eyes, clouded his sight. His cold hands remained on her shoulder as he tried to wake her up, thinking of how he should have left all the questions with the sea-witch behind, and believed her theory of Krystal’s draining blood.

The porcelain woman didn’t budge at Kai’s touch, which she learned to hate before. Slowly, her chapped lips turned into a mixture colour of purple and blue, leading Kai to be frantic with fear. As if it was a reflex, the man’s fingers shifted towards Krystal’s nose, hanging it closely beneath as he tested for her breath. But nothing—nothing could be detected at all.

An unexpected afterthought attacked Kai’s mind, bringing another round of curiosity for the source of information. However, the werewolf knew better than to ponder and let the seconds being wasted again, as he—without any hesitation—crouched down and pressed his plump lips onto hers.

Cardiopulmonary resuscitation. CPR.

With ragged breath and continuously beaten heart, Kai forced air into Krystal before he parted away, took in a heave of oxygen, and pushed it into her lungs. The procedure repeated for a couple of times, before the man abruptly halted, noticing that it was not only her lungs which had stopped working, her heart was not pumping blood too.

However, just when an unknown source of thought about another type of CPR registered in his mind, Kai was greeted with a flash of thunderous memory. Everything appeared in blur, and black and white, yet his brain managed to digest some—most of it, even. As the images began to form something which he eventually could picture, a bolt of headache grabbed his head, pressing his head down in constant choking.

Slowly, the headache faded away, although not entirely, as a vividly monochromatic image played like a broken tape before his eyes—or perhaps it was only his mind flashing him the images, Kai wasn’t sure, because right then he was stranded in the middle of spinning and flying images. However, the man noticed that he was watching his own figure, black and white, in a wolf form. Stood in front of him was Krystal—a terrified Krystal. Never did he ever imagined to see the woman like that, even the vampire hardly show him any expression which was filled with hesitation, whenever she dashed for an attack. Yet there, somewhere in between the scattering memories, the darkest one stood out from the rest of the crowd, playing him a tape of himself, who currently was shoving Krystal harshly away into a river.

Kai thought about the irony of his act in the sea of the monochromatic memories, as he was the one who saved Krystal just now. Perhaps the headache and those flashes were only an illusion, perhaps he was tired of witnessing the dreadful incident in the castle back then, or perhaps Kai’s rationality was hurting due to the puzzle of words from the sea-witch earlier. However, the more he compared the differences between the broken tape inside of his head and the reality, the werewolf realised that he hadn’t really saved Krystal from death.

And that strike another panic for him. Just when the man attempted to fight his throbbing headache, a pitch black canvas greeted his mind, causing his arms to drop his weigh to the ground beside Krystal. In between the tremble and the dripping liquid from his damped bangs, Kai managed to peek towards Krystal’s porcelain features—she was drained, and still not breathing. A strong urge to get up and proceed the first aid crept into him.

But as Kai raised a palm up to grip onto Krystal’s arm, another sea of black and white memories washed into his mind, causing him to flinch away, and pressed his palm against his forehead instead. In the selected memories—the one which had been zoomed in for him—Kai found himself swam towards the riverbank with Krystal on his back. In a human form.

Just like things which he had done earlier.

Suddenly, he didn’t know what was right anymore. The scene which was flashing in his mind was the exact thing that he did after they had left Atlantis. The echo of conversation with the sea-witch only leaded his headache to become stronger.

“Creatures like us are prohibited from reaching out for the sun in the outer world. If we do, our whole being will completely vanish off from existence.”

“Like a vampire?”

“Yes. Like a vampire.”

The cloned monochrome of memory went on, and then it struck Kai. The tape remained playing in his mind, until it succeeded the limitation—when in that broken memory, Kai was performing a proper CPR for Krystal. And she woke up.

Then everything shut down in a pitch black box. And before he knew it, his figure fell with a loud thud to the ground, lying exhaustedly beside Krystal.

 

 

Dull rays radiating in between curly lashes, scent of burnt old timbers being off by fire invaded the space. Thick nausea and dizziness caused lightheaded and stomach turn. Somehow, that woman in his memory eventually flattered her eyes open, breathing… and alive.

Krystal’s gaze flickered the shade of dark grey which appeared first when her consciousness faded in. Her eyes blinked a couple of beats, before she pushed herself up to sit. The first creature who greeted her senses was a man, who she could tell was a werewolf based on the smell of his blood. In between the dancing red flames which slightly blocked her sight, Krystal could see that the man’s eyes were painted with silver in colour. A rather dark ones—or perhaps, it was only dark due to the night surrounding which engulfed them in a blanket of a thousand stars. His hair was shaded in dirty blonde as his locks were hinted with pale brown streaks.

For a moment, Krystal wondered, if the man across her had lived a wealthy life before to be able to claim a perfect sculptured face with defined jaws and smooth flesh. Then she thought about how delicious the taste of blood from a delicate man like him would be. And that was when the vampire realised that her stomach was grumbling lowly in both hunger and exhaustion.

“Hungry?” Voice was unsurprisingly deep and rich, as it crossed the line of a whisper. The man tilted his head upwards until it reached Krystal’s eye level, albeit not exactly straightened up his body as his spine remained crooked with elbows on thighs.

Perhaps she was startled by his awareness of the mumbling of her stomach, which brought Krystal to no answer as gazes were locked with one another momentarily, before the man broke it off and stared up again. “I’m Kris. And I’ve saved your life. So you better eat this and spare my blood.” Straight forward was what the man, Kris, chose to be as a palm pushed his weigh upwards, before he made a steady walk towards the vampire and stretched out something wrapped in a huge leaf which Krystal defined as a steak. “Eat.”

Glaring up with cold demeanour, the woman spent a few seconds with intense staring—the difference in their gazes were that Kris only stared downwards into her eyes with an unreadable shadow which blocked him to be analysed by Krystal. And at that second, she realised that a man who she used to read like an open book—Kai—was nowhere near her sight. “Where is he?” Tone was threatening with dark vibe—even darker than the night itself—as a low snarl escaped between her growing fangs.

A raise of brow was highlighted by half of his face which was shone by the dimness of moonlight, whereas the other half had been swallowed away by shadow. “Him? You mean that rogue beta – Kai?” His chin was jerked towards the far end of the fireplace, where a recognisable figure could be spotted, lying still on the cold ground.

An urge to check on Kai crept into Krystal as she shifted forward, but a strong arm pressed her intention down, as Kris exclaimed in a firm voice, “Leave him alone. He is tired. You are allowed to wake him up when the dawn comes—”

“Who are you to give me permission in what I do?!”

“I was his alpha before!” Kris’s face was extremely close to the vampire as he felt disrespected for the snap from Krystal, when he had thrown all his pride away by saving an enemy.

Krystal’s searching orbs lingered around his features for an extra second, scanning for his abrupt outburst of rage. The grip around her elbow was still firm and strong. “You was his alpha. Means that you have no right in stopping me.” Just when she managed to yanked away her arm from him, Kris instantly caught it back, bringing her face to face again.

“No! Don’t disturb him. Just—trust me, all right? I know what I am doing.” His tone dripped down when his gaze plastered onto Kai’s figure in guilt, before he retreated his grip from Krystal as he sensed the vampire’s muscle loosened its tense.

With a piercing stare, Krystal asked in a total bewilderment, “Why did you saved me when you can gobble up my flesh instead?” Her gaze was narrow as the man shifted beside her for a sit, eyes were plastered onto the furious flames before them.

It took a while before Kris opened up, fingers were fidgeting with the leaf Krystal hadn’t accept. “I did wrong to Kai before. It took me years to find him and set things right—and like an unfortunate miracle I found him lying in pain beside you.” A beat of second ticked by, before Kris matched his eye level with Krystal again, orbs were turning firmer by the contact. “So I brought Kai and you here, treated him as an alpha I was—but trust me, I did not treated you. I ought to leave you alone and let you die, but this weird wizard appeared from nowhere and started doing his magic trick on you.” A death glare was earned by his honest syllables, before Kris raised his brows up nonchalantly, not fearing the vampire beside him.

Despite her threatening demeanour towards the wolf alpha, a grateful thought about Lay, who obviously was the ‘weird wizard’ that Kris had described, for healing her earlier warmed Krystal’s heart a little. “And why didn’t you eat me after that?”

A sigh, then gaze was cascaded towards the fire again. “I wasn’t hungry.”

Lies. The vampire knew it for too well that any kind of werewolves (from alphas, betas, omegas, or rogues) that any chances of gobbling an open prey like her would be taken without any hesitation. Yet why did Kris decided not to? Krystal, however, had no interest in finding out his true intention and be a busybody. So she snatched the steak wrapped in leaf away from Kris’s grip, and began eating mindlessly.

Waiting for the dawn was her aim. A little thing that she expected that Kris would be awake too, perhaps for both guarding and fearing that Kai might run away from him again.

 

 

As expected, again, Kai did tried to walk away from Kris as Krystal stood there with arm crossed. The rogue beta had only been woken up by a drop of rain which smeared his skin from the natural formed roof of the small cave, yet as soon as he caught a sight of the alpha, Kai decided to sprint from his daze and stormed pass Kris.

“No, Kai. Can’t you just listen?” The taller man, of course, managed to catch a hold of Kai’s arm as he spun the younger one over to face him. “The pack is seriously in danger and weaker without you, okay? We need you back to join us!”

With a sharp exhale of sigh, Kai jerked his hand away from Kris as he dared himself to glare straight into the alpha for the first time after he’d left. “I am not your wolf anymore. Stop treating me like one—because I would never return again.” Low growl slipped out his mouth as his eyes began to turn silver as well, just like Kris who naturally had the eye colour. Krystal thought that maybe he was originally like that because he was an alpha. Not that she knew much about werewolves and the terms and the lame rules which they used over the passing generations anyway.

“But I’ve saved your life! Can’t you at least show me some—”

“Then I rather be dead than returning to you, Kris!” Kai noticed that he had hit the bull’s eyes at the exact second when he spoke his feelings out loud. The other werewolf remained silent and expression falling with each minutes which was like an eternity. “You saving me are pointless.”

What Krystal didn’t expect was for Kris’s figure to instantly transform into a rather massive wolf, and pounced onto Kai from behind as the younger man spun around at his last sentences. Through the vampire’s view, she witnessed it more like Kris was trying to not let Kai go as easily as before, which leave the alpha no choice but to go for a back-of-head attack.

Groaning with a struggle to transform, Kai shook off his shoulder in an attempt of trying to stumble Kris aside. “Get off! I don’t care what you will do, kill me, eat me, or break me—just do anything! I wouldn’t come back!” Each syllables were stressed out as his body swayed from east to west, trying to balance out Kris’s pressure above his figure.

Krystal didn’t know whether if she should rush for a help or not. The scene before her eyes somehow seemed heart-warming yet heart-wrenching in the same time. Perhaps it was due to Kris’s act who was struggling to keep Kai by the pack’s side, and on the other hand, it was painful to watch about how desperate Kris could be in trying to obtain what he had lost.

Just like how much Kai was willing to go through in trying to find Ji Hye’s soul back into his heart.

Eventually, the younger werewolf did shrugged Kris off his figure before Kai transformed into a wolf. That familiar wolf which gobbled up his own girlfriend’s flesh at that one particular red snow night. Then before Krystal knew it, she found herself transformed into a vampire and got a tight hold around Kai’s upper body in the midst of a fight with Kris, who was at Kai’s lower region nearing his hips.

Then suddenly, both of them stopped fighting, before the three of them (including Krystal) were thrown apart by Kris’s physical dominance. If Krystal hadn’t observe them wrong, she could tell that the alpha was possessing his mind links with Kai, something which she sees as a telepathy. Like a lightning, Kris’s huge figure abruptly pounced onto her as Krystal toppled over. At the corner of her eyes, she witnessed an act of Kai, who shoved Kris away with his wolf skull.

The fight wasn’t tense, Krystal had noticed. But it was full of surprise.

Yet the vampire craved for more, as she dug her nails into Kris’s flesh from behind, slowly tugging her fingers downwards to lengthened the pain when the wolf growled at the top of his lungs. The female, however, didn’t have any intention in the wolf’s blood—she only thirsted for pain and thrill. As a sinful creature she was.

When Krystal was about to leave a stinging scratch across Kris’s skull, a loud thud pushed her away, before a silver wolf hovered over her pale figure. Kai. With a hiss, Krystal toppled his figure over. In return, she was the one who was above Kai, when Kris attacked from behind and locked the two of them in his long arm span. Kris’s teeth were shining over Krystal’s shoulder, as he parted his jaw open to have a bite, which only caused Kai to growl dangerously before his sharp paws slid the vampire to the side. Escaping her from the alpha.

As Krystal rolled over and stood up, her features slowly returned into a human form when both werewolves were struggling out of each other. They eventually transformed back, too—with Kris’s figure to be hunched over in affliction, and for Kai to pant breathlessly with a stare straight into Krystal’s orbs.

“You’re alive. I thought I’ve lost you—for the second time.”

“Man, I rather have she dead.” It was completely reasonable for Kris’s other side and accent to appeared, as his figure was shaking in pain.

At that moment, Krystal realised that Kai hadn’t take a note of her existence before she had her unplanned attack. An anger of disappointment flamed up inside of her, but it soon faded away in witnessing the sincerity in Kai’s eyes. And she wondered what had gotten into his mind to cause him unaware of her presence. Perhaps it was because of Kris’s sudden appearance. Or perhaps… it was due to the past that was haunting for him. In Krystal’s case, she assumed it to be Kris’s mistake which he had done, which leaded Kai to leave the werewolves pack. “Lay healed me.” Those were all she could replied as her senses noticed a tight tense which began to invade the space.

A nod replied Krystal’s syllables, before Kai dashed forward and held her palm almost as in a reflex. And this time, his hand felt warm.

“So you’re going to leave your saviour alone in an injured state and betray the werewolf’s policy?” Although the alpha’s words were slurred in a state of torment, the tone was unbelievably steady and clear, as it left no reason for Kai to not halt in his step.

A refraction in the younger man’s eyes were nothing like what Krystal had seen in all those moments she had spent with him. It was filled with nostalgia, agony, and guilt. Mixed emotions formed into one, creating an unpleasant ingredient for the heart.

Just before Kai resumed walking away, he spoke up, with a low yet clear voice, still back facing Kris. “Hyung, I remembered everything now. And I know that you are far off from claiming a title as my saviour.”

Then he left with Krystal in his warm and firm grip. As if pleading her not to let go in a search for comfort.

 

 

 


I'm so sorry that I didn't manage to update during the winter break ;_; This chapter seriously was filled with information. I hope I made it clear about Jessica's incident.
Anyway, what do you think have happened in the whole scene altogether? Why did Kris suddenly came into the picture and why did Kai said that he'd remembered everything? What's with the spinning memories, too? OMG authornim.. why is it so confusing?! I'm puking out hurricane instead of rainbow because of you! Lol ignore my craziness. Anyway, do leave a comment behind and let me know what you think!

P/S: Guys, I noticed that I only have 1 upvote for this fic ;_; I knew that I'm not as good, but maybe some gratitudes for me producing this piece?