NUISANCE: One Deal

Kill Me Before I Die

Endless. Void. Blinding.

The harsh trembles in Krystal’s small pupils were obvious. Her gaze fearfully wondered around the ghostly symmetry as her numb, frosty hands travelled downwards, sensing a rather smooth timber, sitting quietly beneath her. Tilting her head up, Krystal was only greeted by more blinding whiteness and mirroring boxes. It felt like she was trapped in a void colorless symmetry. With a confused mind, the vampire knitted her eyebrows before she eventually stood up, wishing for something to spot rather than the over-whiteness around her. Even if Kai was there—Krystal would be more than glad to reach for him, but not the void. Not the endless emptiness.

Her careful steps echoed throughout the symmetrical box. Anxiety crept beneath her flesh as she stepped more forward, only to meet with another blinding void. Her head titled to the side in curiosity as a couple of silent footsteps could be sensed behind. Krystal perked up her ears in alert as her heartbeat went in a faster pace; anxiety was evident on her paling face. Slowly with a slight tremble, she spun around and travelled her eyes upwards, trying to catch an image of the owner of the silent footsteps, into her mind.

Krystal had an urge to gasp, but to her surprise, nothing would vibrate out of her lips. Trying hopelessly which mixed with a great fear of loosening her precious voice, Krystal eventually choked back her own saliva as the figure in front of her was nearing their distance. A muted cough escaped her lips, and splotch of bright blood could be witnessed by her bare widening pupils. She immediately tilted her head up as the person eventually stood in front of her, along with a smile graced upon her lips. At that moment, Krystal believed that the human in front of her literally was satisfied to see the blood dripping out of .

Don’t strain yourself, Krystal. You have what belonged to you ages ago. Don’t be afraid. The darkness will fade away very soon.

The voice of the figure echoed in her fearful mind as Krystal’s trembling eyes stared towards her. The void symmetry didn’t scare her any longer, instead it was the fact that the figure in front of her spoke a range of syllables even without moving her grinning lips, which sent shivers into her spine. Her rationality was begging her to step back, but to no avail, her feet decided to plaster itself onto the porcelain ground, splashing Krystal the cold sweats.

Fortunate for her, that woman eventually decided to spin around, and slowly made a move to leave her alone. Again. Sure, Krystal should be more than delighted that she was leaving, but the fact that Krystal will only be accompanied by blinding symmetry, begun to cause goose bumps to stood up from her skin. Panic attacked her as her thin arms were stretched out to catch a grip of that person, and questions were bugging her rationality, blocking the sane part of hers in making the right decision. The familiar figure, however, only mindlessly walked away in the hollow footsteps of hers, and disappeared through the blinding whiteness of the void – like a hologram which eventually faded away after a message arrived to the receiver.

With gaze travelled downwards in an attempt to wipe away the puzzle from her mind, Krystal’s pupils only spotted blotches of scarlet blood, contrasting dramatically with the porcelain ground beneath. Instantly, her palm was brought up to the corner of her damp lips before she wiped off the remaining of the blood—just when a tall shadow hovered over her petite figure.

Stifled by an abrupt appearance of another creature, Krystal heavily raised her head up along with trepidation in her gaze. Shoulder froze with eyes fixated into a pair of dark chocolate orbs of a man, Krystal realized that her previous wish, which had been made when she was ‘awake’, had been granted in that second.

Indeed, Kai was there. Standing brightly in front of her wide eyes.

Throwing away the ego part of hers, which naturally urged her to smash Kai’s life into an end, Krystal reached out her arms to reach for him—and she did. The latter, however, remained still with a genuine grin plastered on his tanned flesh as he motionlessly stared towards her. Casually, Kai lifted an arm up, and placed it on the top of Krystal’s head, before a wave of vibration instantly was sent into her mind.

Don’t worry. It’s all here now. The darkness will fade away one day—when it’s all gone.

And with that, Kai disappeared just like the way he came, before the blinding void abruptly inverted into a complete pitch of darkness. The poor woman could only spun around aimlessly, muted cries rang in her own ears, and range of syllables from two figures echoed in her puzzled mind. Before she knew it, Krystal had fainted as her body received the hard ground beneath.

 

 

Krystal? Krystal?”

Hushed.

“Krystal?”

Warm.

“Wake up!”

Real.

A sharp gasp escaped Krystal’s chapped lips as she jolted up from the soft material, which laid gently beneath her spine. Breathe was rushed and shocking, as if she was struggling to catch the oxygen itself. The woman then instantly shifted her trembled gaze to the side, eying the anxiety of Kai which was written on all over his tanned flesh.

“You okay?” His voice appeared to be soft, gentle. And at that moment, Krystal wasn’t sure whether if the worry was genuine or if he only wore a façade on purpose to change her mind in planning for his death.

Still dazzled by the oddness of her dream, Krystal only spare the question with a single nod as she averted her gaze away, staring mindlessly towards her feet. That was when she eventually noticed a familiar beige comforter above her, providing more heat to her already sweaty figure. Lingering around her gaze, Krystal absentmindedly scanned the room where both she and Kai were in, before shock crept onto her face. “How did you found this place?”

Upon sensing an abrupt change of the vampire’s expression, as Krystal’s cold tone replaced the earlier panic of hers, Kai decided to play safe by placing back his palms onto the sheet cover of the bed, leaving Krystal’s shoulder cold, just like herself. “I don’t know.” It was the dumbest answer, yet it was sincere.

Furrowing her eyebrows, that woman let out a breath, which she felt like eternity before her head tilted on purpose to meet with the werewolf’s stare. “What do you mean, ‘you don’t know’?” Her tone begun to risen, annoyance was evident in her cold vibe.

Kai only shrugged his shoulder lightly as he dove into Krystal’s piercing stare, clearly didn’t give a care about a possible threat afterwards. “I don’t know. But the moment when you suddenly fainted, was the moment when my mind automatically made a way to this house—and I found it unlocked.” His eyebrows raised nonchalantly as he continued, “Why? You don’t have to be afraid if the owner will appears, because we could easily kill—”

“This is my house.”

“What?”

“This is my old house.” A slight tinge of nostalgia, which was filled with despair, flashed on Krystal’s face before it immediately disappeared, as fast as it was present in the first place. The woman dampened her crisp throat before she averted her gaze away, desperate syllables escaped her thin lips, “I didn’t have any exact memory of things that happened in my past, but I could vaguely remember that my family and I used to live here ages ago.”

Shaky tone yet cold in the same time; Kai could tell that Krystal was suffering inside, as an unknown sympathy sneakily crept into his empty heart, slowly causing it to be filled. “You… did?”

Nodding, she simply replied, “I did.”

“Then, how did I—?”

A sigh cut off Kai’s sentences, before Krystal shifted her legs out of the comforter, sitting straight in front of the werewolf. “You stalked me when you were in a relationship with Ji Hye before, right? Because you ing wanted to eat her that much, that you actually planned for the time when I wouldn’t be around her! Just admit it, Kai! There really is no use for you to be alive anymore! You’ve got what you wanted from the very beginning of this sinister plan! You’ve satisfy yourself with her flesh! Then what are you doing here—in my property?!” As fast as the lightning, anger rose inside of her figure as she shouted directly towards Kai’s face, which eventually was hardened, washing away the earlier anxiety from his face.

“I’ve told you that it was a mistake. I did not planned for this, and I regret it. This is not what I want. I intended for it to be good—so that I could finally control over my need for human’s flesh. But–” a sigh mixed with a pause, “–but it didn’t turn out like that. I want Ji Hye back as much as you wanted her back, Krystal. I will try to fix everything.” The man lowered his head down, shame and guilt haunted over his whole being.

A minute which felt like eternity ticked by before Krystal ran her slender fingers in between her jet black hair. A frustrated groan slipped out of her lips as she crouched down, silky hair falling on the side of her head. “I had a dream about Ji Hye—and you.”

The range vibration of syllables came out no more than a whisper, however, due to the still condition of everything in the room, Kai could capture those words perfectly, as it drummed into his ears in a gentle motion. “What was it?” Returning the similar hushed tone, Kai replied as he read the woman’s face, noting her bipolar attitude.

A pause was taken before Krystal lifted up her face, and slowly parted her lips open to speak, “I was in a void. It was too exposed there, that I could barely see anything. I found myself awake upon a white wooden chair before I stood up to find my whereabouts, but then I saw Ji Hye approached me—with a smile. She told me not to strain myself. I have no idea for why she said that, but there must be something, that made her to appear. And Ji Hye said that I already got everything that belonged to me before.” Krystal purposely left out the bloody scene of her puzzled dream, as she continued, “She walked away then. But you came afterwards, saying the same thing as her—only that, you told me that everything will be fine after it’s all gone.”

A brief silence engulfed the room before Krystal stared up into Kai’s deep brown eyes, seeking for an answer to her mysterious dream even though it sounded impossible for a werewolf to interpret it. The man then nodded lightly in response, before he eventually spoke up, “It was just a mere dream. It was mind trick. Just forget about it. Maybe you’re just tired.” In an out of blue, Kai’s palm swiftly raised up, before it softly met with Krystal’s head. A gentle caused both of them to stare at each other for a moment, before the werewolf eventually cut the contact and pulled his hand away.

Krystal was startled by the abrupt movement of Kai, as she remained motionless on the spot. Her eyes were slightly widened, muscles stiffened, and breathe hitched. Her gaze travelled upwards, catching the half-hearted grin of Kai. “No, I’m not tired. I could swear that the dream felt real. And I knew that there must be something behind it.” Softly speaking, with an invisible impact of the earlier contact, Krystal replied as she stared back into the werewolf’s soft orbs.

A small smile curled up the corner of Kai’s lips, before he sat back onto the large chair which situated beside the bed, and gazed at her. “Let’s call it a day, shall we? You’ve been fainting ever since we started walking out of my cabin, till now. I thought that we will be heading to the witch’s house, but then you fainted, so I can’t do a thing about it.”

Furrowing her eyebrows, Krystal asked out of curiosity, “What time is it now?”

“It’s almost 12 midnight. Rest well, okay? I will just be in the couch there.” His index finger pointed out towards the classic flowery couch at the very corner of the room, as he took a step towards the destination.

Trailing after Kai’s steps with her eyes, Krystal then hesitantly spoke up, “You know that acting all nice with me wouldn’t change my mind from murdering you.” Her palms touched the soft comforter above as she pulled her long legs inside, savoring the warmness beneath.

An amused smirk crept onto Kai’s lips, before he casually answered with gaze glued on the couch ahead. “You’ve said that for twice already.”

“Then don’t feel like I don’t mean it.”

“All right. Sleep tight.”

 

 

Crisp wind tickled Kai’s ears as it sent light shiver into his spine. He could felt his hair tousled softly as a stifled moan escaped his lips. Rolling to the side, the man slowly cracked an eye open before the scene of an old-styled bedroom greeted him. A soft exhale flow out of his lungs as his mind tried to register things which happened throughout his entire life as a werewolf. And that was when he noticed that someone was missing.

Krystal.

As fast as the lightning, his figure jolted up from the comfy material of the bed, ignoring a question mark on how he ended up being in the bed instead of the owner of the house. His sepia painted iris wondered around the room, scanning the vintage themed (with an addition of spider webs and dusts) furniture and faded pastel colours of the wall. Like a reflex, his legs instantly carried his weigh a second after, leading towards the opened door of the bedroom. No wonder why I felt the wind before, he thought, as his palm touched the brittle surface of the large door, pushing it away to let himself through.

Rays of sunlight enabled Kai to see things perfectly as it shone in between the old creaking glass panes of the lone two-story villa, causing him to linger his main attention towards the house for a little while longer. Although it was rather a small territory in comparison of Ji Hye’s house, those high ceilings in the corridors created a freedom vibe into it, making anyone who entered to feel at home.

Awe struck Kai for a second before an unpleasant high-pitched creak of the stool vibrated in his eardrums. Instantly, his attention then shifted towards the source of sound, where Krystal could be spotted at, placing a bowl of kimchi fried rice onto the square wooden table. “Krystal!”

Snapping up her head from the food, Krystal merely responded with a light tone of “you’re awake” as she settled herself onto the stained white stool. Her gaze trailed over the silver spoon in her grip before she scooped the kimchi fried rice from the bowl, and fed herself casually.

Sighing, the male eventually over Krystal along with a slight anxiety written on his face. “I thought you were gone.” Hushed with his deep morning voice, Kai pulled out another stool beside her, which had been wrapped in dust, and sat without giving a care about the dirt. The blanket of dusts and dirt had been covering him for most of his time as a wolf, anyway.

Avoiding a straight eye contact with Kai, the vampire only shoved a half-spoonful of fried rice into , before she replied vaguely, “I should be.”

Kai tilted his head to the side lightly, puzzled with her change of behavior early in the morning. “What’s up?” His elbows were placed gently onto the square table, eyes still trying to catch hers.

“Having the same dream again.”

“The same as yesterdays’?”

“Yes.”

“Is that why you always woke up earlier than me?”

“No. I woke up early to up human’s blood.” Shooting Kai a look, which they eventually held a brief eye contact, Krystal answered along with knitted eyebrows.

Startled by her honest reply, Kai’s figure automatically moved back in reflex before he relaxed his muscles again, on purpose to appear calm in front of the vampire. “You’re being serious?”

“No.”

“What?” An amused smirk crept onto the corner of Kai’s lips as he eyed the motionless reaction of Krystal, but it soon disappeared when another range of syllables rolled out from her tongue.

“I only the animal’s blood now. Human’s blood is too strong for me; I might overdo it and turn into a monster once again.” A pause was taken as Krystal abruptly stared into the werewolf’s sepia orbs, and spoke, “As much as I want to kill you right then, I still am trying to lessen the taste of your blood, so that I could control myself from haunting humans again.”

Mindlessly gulping with a fear towards the vampire’s unwavering confession, Kai could tell that his heartbeat increased. And the next syllables escaped his lips even without his rationality’s permission, “D-do you still want my blood?”

Slightly nodding, she answered, “Yes. I still crave for it. But don’t worry, I will satisfy myself after Ji Hye is back.”

A few seconds ticked by with the dull sound of spoon collided with teeth, before Kai eventually sighed as he spoke up, “Krystal, we need to make a deal.” Contrasting with his previous hushed tone before, it was steady and clear right then as he finally caught a firm eye contact with Krystal.

“What makes you think that I will agree?”

“Look. We need to work together in this. I don’t care whether if you want to kill me after it’s all over, but for now—let’s make a deal.”

A great surprise travelled inside of Krystal when the sentences rolled out of Kai’s lips – ‘kill me after it’s all over’... ‘after it’s all over’… ‘it’s all over’ – it echoed in her puzzled mind as those words matched with a dream which had been haunting her for two nights, with both bits of it to appear the same. And now, it was Kai who spoke something similar from her mysterious dream – ‘It’s all here now…when it’s all gone.

Abruptly, a dreadful scream echoed in her scattered mind, causing Krystal to shut both of her ears forcibly with her palms, along with glued eyelids. Her wobbly knees pushed the stool away, toppled it over as she stumbled behind with a deafening shriek. Silhouette hair covered her face as Krystal shaken her head from side to side, wishing to make the scream inside of her mind to vanish from its existence.

Surprised by the abruptness, Kai stepped aback after he stood up from the violent act of Krystal, accompanied with dark eyes which reflected the horrendous scene. Eyebrows furrowed along with a deep frown, the werewolf eventually caught a hold of Krystal’s shoulder from the back as his arms s to the front, chaining her wrists with his firm grip. “Krystal! Calm down! What has gotten into yourself?!” His voice hollered throughout the villa, fighting the deafening shriek of Krystal.

The vampire struggled harshly in Kai’s strong grip as she craned her neck upwards with feet being tiptoed, reaching his broad shoulder’s level. Her palms stopped trembling as a tear slipped down her closed eyes, thus halting her struggle.

Upon sensing the end of her violence which she targeted to her own body, Kai steadily shifted his grip away from her shoulder, only to instantly catch it back when Krystal’s figure was threatening to collapse onto the ground. A weak whisper vibrated his eardrums as he gazed down at her in anxiety, listening to her soft cries, “please… make this stop.” Confused, the man only knitted his eyebrows as an arm was wrapped securely around her frail waist, supporting the vampire by his strength. “What do you mean, Krystal?”

Inhaling a deep, shaky breath, Krystal lowered her head down with fear of her own being. “The shrill. It’s piercing my mind.” Her tone was slow yet tremulous, begging to be understood.

A sigh escaped the man’s lips, before he mindlessly exclaimed, “Come here” and gently pulled Krystal into a comforting warm embrace. His palm her jet black hair slowly as she buried her face into his broad chest, clearly didn’t care about all of the threats which had been given to Kai before. Truth to be told, it wasn’t the werewolf’s nature to offer an enemy a comfort, but somehow, her desperate need in wishing for someone (anyone—even a creature who she’d planned to kill) to listen, was causing a familiar sympathy to crept into his hollow heart. And with a vague courage, Kai whispered in between her desperate soft sobs, “I don’t know what had gotten into you, Krystal. But whatever it is, it needs to be away. Because our journey wouldn’t start if it keeps bugging you like this.” His tone was soft but demanding, fingers fixated on the strands of her silky hair.

Almost lulled by the steady beating heart of Kai, the vampire only nodded lightly, causing friction to produce in between her head and his chest. Slowly, the young woman noticed the peaceful state of her puzzled mind, as she rested her curled fingers against his broad chest.

“Krystal?”

How much she wished for that time to stay for eternity.

“Krystal, are you okay?”

Snapping out from her unreachable dream, Krystal responded his question with another light nod, before her figure was left back with the crisp wind. Gaze darting down, she could only see the movement of Kai’s hands, which fell back to his side.

“Want me to listen?” Those syllables popped out from the werewolf’s lips swiftly, as if speaking out his mind could break the woman in front of him into pieces.

A silence embraced the atmosphere, before Krystal eventually spoke up, “Who said that I need you to listen?”

“Look. I may be someone who you want to kill, but I still could listen. I—I am a human too. Well, maybe half human, but you get what I—”

“The shrill.” A pause. “It sounded familiar.”

Startled by the hollow which flashed from her gaze, Kai let himself to lose in the sea of Krystal’s dark orbs, which gave him a sign of thousands of untold stories. Perhaps, there was more inside of her than just a friend of his ex-lover. “The one that caused you to scream?”

“Y-yes.”

“What about it?”

Once again, the wind preoccupied the question as Krystal stared blankly to the front. The bowl of kimchi fried rice was left untouched. “There was a shrill in my mind when you mentioned about killing you after it’s all over. It actually was similar to the words that you’ve spoken to me in my dreams. But then, I think I got a flash-like memory. But before I could make out what the scene was about, a sudden shriek echoed in my mind, ringing in my ears. I tried to stop it, but it was too unbearable.” —until you’ve embraced me, Krystal continued, although only in her mind.

Heaving out a deep breath, Kai sat himself back to the stool in front of Krystal before his palm patted her head gently. “Maybe you still couldn’t take the reality… about Ji Hye’s death.”

At the mention of Ji Hye, the vampire instantly yanked the warm touch away from her head, and gazed piercingly straight into the wolf’s eyes. “So it was you after all. You are the one who caused me to be miserable like this!”

“Can you stop accusing me things that I didn’t do?” The man’s voice risen lightly, a stab of disparage for not appreciating his help of comfort earlier caused his patience to slowly faded away, and for the anger to flowed into his veins.

Furrowing her eyebrows in response of Kai’s snapback, which he hardly do to her before, Krystal jolted up from her seat as she stared down at him. “Tell me which things that you didn’t do! You indeed murdered Ji Hye! And it was also you who caused depression to flow in my vein! I might go crazy over this with all of the shouting inside of my head!”

“Great then if you will go insane with those illogical shrieks! Go and be depressed! I don’t give a about it!” Kai realized that he should be more patient with the famous bipolar attitude of Krystal, but somehow, the lack of appreciation from his previous help and warmth, caused him to be furious. And he knew that he had the right to be.

“How pathetic can you be?! You only have me to lead you back to Ji Hye! And now you’re hoping for me to suffer—with your presence like this?!”

“Yes! I do, okay?! It benefits me if you are out of your mind! You won’t be able to kill me afterwards and I will live—”

Just before Kai’s sentences of exasperation could fully rolled out of his tongue, Krystal already found a harsh grip around his neck, putting more pressure onto his airways, choking him from catching the oxygen.

The werewolf struggled beneath her dark figure which hovered over him, eventually toppled both of them over. Loud clank of the stool landed beside his ear, deafening him momentarily as he gasped for air. From the corner of his clouded sight, Kai could see that the vampire’s orbs began to be painted in auburn color, signaling that her vampire self was about to appear.

“It’s entirely your fault! Why would I even keep you alive?! You really are no use in bringing Ji Hye back to life!” Her sharp claws dug into the werewolf’s skin, leaving bruises onto his broad chest.

Dreadful groan mixed with a growl, Kai shut his eyes tight when the stinging pain of Krystal’s scratches planted into him—before he felt the veins stood out from his flesh, dagger-like fangs grew out from his thick lips, and vision became clearer.


Oh look, who had woken up the beast?
 

With a painfully loud growl, the werewolf flung away the frail figure of the vampire from him, crashing her against the dull wall. Only a groan could be heard as Krystal’s body slid down the wall, and swiftly dropped onto the timber. With crouched gesture and loud panting, Krystal could sense the approach of a man, who was now transforming into a wolf, in front of her. Lifting her head up, her eyes then instantly widened when a gesture for an attack registered in her mind, thus causing her to fly herself upwards, escaping the frightful beast.

Krystal knew that she couldn’t stay in the air for long due to her injured self. And as if the heaven was on her side, she spotted a tall grandfather clock, before her figure instantly landed on it. Bracing her broken figure weakly, Krystal darted her gaze downwards and witnessed the act of Kai, who was trying to reach for her. Abruptly, the grandfather clock was shaken by a dreadful force, leading to a freefall of Krystal. Along with the cruel gravity which pulled the grandfather clock to smash the ground, Krystal eventually was sent to the ground with a heavy object above her. And she shut her eyes tight to wait for the impact—although it never come.

Hovering above her was a panting wolf, blocking the clock from smashing onto her fragile body. Krystal was startled momentarily, as the wolf began to transform a little too close to her, back into a human form before Kai eventually shouted, “Hurry up and shift over!” He was roaring with veins stood up from his flesh, and sweats rolled down his skin. Without wasting any seconds, Krystal pushed herself away from the shadow of the death, with eyes fixated on Kai who began to tremble beneath the grandfather clock’s dreadful weigh.

Just when the man’s grip was about to collapse, a small hand pulled his figure over, allowing him to be safe from the threatening glasses and heavy wood of the massive clock. His face was painted with fear and terror, as Krystal shifted both of them away in the speed of light, and accidentally let Kai to topple over her figure, causing him to hover on the top of her.

In reflex, his elbows instantly were placed on the side of her head, supporting him from damaging more of her broken figure. Despite the crisp weather, his hair was soaked in cold sweat as a result of struggling with both Krystal and the bloody clock. His thin black shirt was tore by the dagger claws of Krystal, leading a part of his bare chest to expose. The deafening thump of the grandfather clock was inaudible for both of them as they stared straight into each other’s clear eyes, breaths were touching their flawless faces, and heartbeats sped up as if it would jump out of their ribcages in any second.

Something inside of Kai stirred, as though urging him to lean down—and capture Krystal’s luring lips into his. However, it soon faded away when a memory of things that he had done to Ji Hye, clouded into his mind. With a final close stare, the man eventually pushed himself up from her figure, and sat with crowded thoughts.

Discovering an end of her startle, Krystal trailed after Kai’s gesture and sat straight beside him. Her gaze was lost in the memory of the werewolf’s closeness as her stare was thrown to the carpeted floor. “Why did you transformed back—and chose to safe me?” The tone which she used was hushed yet clear. Dusts began to formed everywhere around them, which were shaping false mists–an impact of the fallen grandfather clock. Rays of sun created hollows from the small windows, peeking through the incident with its own tiny spotlight.

A glimpse towards Krystal was taken, before Kai eventually spoke up, “I need you to work together with me. We need to make a deal.”

“What? Making a deal with a beast like you? You almost killed me!”

“Don’t say that your vampire self is not a beast as well!”

A silence snapped into Krystal’s egoistic character as she was taken aback by the fact about her vampire self, only this time, her rationality decided to take over her mind, allowing her to think equally. “How can I trust you?”

“I’ve saved you. And still, I haven’t kill you even after the threats that you’ve given me.” Answering a beat too quickly, Kai then shifted to the side, enabling him to stare into her doubting gaze.

Seconds ticked by with Krystal thinking about the possibility of her putting a trust into Kai, as various kind of things could happen to her if she didn’t pay careful attention in watching for his act. However, the furtherer she thought about it, the more she realised that trusting that man wouldn’t be a bad decision after all, he had mean no harm to her ever since the beginning. Perhaps a few little scars and cracking bones during the fights, but other than that, Kai had never really try to literally murder her. Instead, he offered her a company. And with that, Krystal made her mind up. “Fine. What’s the deal?”

A faint grin crept onto the corner of Kai’s lips as he stated, “We will head to the witch’s territory together, and do whatever it takes to bring back Ji Hye to life. But, no fighting or killing anymore, got it?”

“Why are you talking to me like tha—”

“I’m asking you, do you understand me or not?”

“That is not an order, must I remind you? And no. I don’t want that deal. Have I make it clear to you that you will be dead after Ji Hye comes back to life?” The vampire’s head was tilted to the side lightly, brushing off the earlier feeling of being small in front of Kai.

A sigh escaped the male’s lips, before he replied, “Look. None of us want to die. That includes me. I want to live my life with my girlfriend too, and you can’t stop it.”

“What makes you think that I can’t stop you?”

“You owe me your life, remember?”

Curling a strand of hair behind her ear, Krystal stared aggressively towards Kai. As much as she wished for him to stop talking to her with a tone like they actually knew each other well, it strangely felt too familiar to her, as if the open-up side of Kai (yes, Krystal realized that both of them began to open up to each other) had been through her life before. The only thing was that she didn’t have a clue about his existence before Ji Hye met him. “Fine. But if you messed up with Ji Hye again after she was brought to life, do keep in mind that you will be vanished from existence.”

A smirk visibly appeared on his lips as he eyed the stern face of Krystal. “I promise that I wouldn’t let the same mistake to happen again. And this is a deal, okay?”

“Right.”

“All right then. Do you mind me borrowing a shirt before we start this journey?”

 

 

 


A/N: I've finally recovered from my grief from all the s that had been happening in SM. Now that I realised that those things wouldn't stop me from keep writing, which explains why I had this chapter up.
A little skinship and KaiStal moment there :3 hohoho.. I can't control my feels for them!

Do leave a comment behind guys - what do you think is wrong with Krystal? Is she really mental (lol)? And how did Kai managed to find Krystal's old house? Did he literally stalked her when Ji Hye was alive? 
Don't in tell me that you can hold yourself from squealin
God, safe me.

 

Last but not least - a precious advice from an author who inspire me to write this story;
Try to keep it simple, raw and real. Going overboard with descriptions gets exhausting.

— vintagescout