HIDDEN: Identity

Kill Me Before I Die

Hollow rays peeking through the blanket of snow which engulfed the wax-like conifer trees, as the sun came to its awake. Mists flooded the wood, blocking the lights from entering, thus creating whiteness which leaded to nothingness. Goose bumps stood up from Krystal’s pale skin as she tightened the coat around her petite body, savouring the faint warmth. From the corner of her eyes, she could sense a tiny act of Kai, who occasionally glanced over her trembling figure.

“You okay?” With thick voice wrapped in glacial air, the male questioned as his gaze landed on the shivering figure, who failed to assure him with her infamous stoic reaction. Puff of vapour escaped his chapped lips—even the released carbon dioxide couldn’t warm him up.

Gazing downwards at her boots which sunk deep into the pure thick snow, Krystal gritted her teeth as her fists were curled up with a hope to keep the heat to her own being. “Do I look like I’m okay?” Slowly, she replied in between the gritted teeth which she tried to hide. Her dark brown orbs refracted the scene ahead; those continuous crystal blue mountains, which were embraced in snow, could be seen from afar although it was clouded with mists–or even the thin crisp clouds itself.

Raising up a brow spontaneously, the werewolf then tried to catch her gaze, which eventually was thrown to the front, before he made their distance closer. “You should have bring some extra coats if we are heading to the mountain.”

“We are not heading to the mountain.”

“Then where are we going? You would never tell me about anything.” Furrowing his eyebrows with a slight whine, Kai chose to avert his gaze away from Krystal and threw it towards the towering trees ahead, unconsciously examining the details of the snow blanket. Naturally, his eyes were squinted slightly in order to clear out the clouded sight which laid before him. And for a second, the werewolf felt spooky to be there in the first place, even though he had experienced wondering around a wood with thicker mist earlier before the awakening dawn.

Crossing her arms on her chest in an attempt to hide the limited heat inside of her silhouette coat, Krystal then threw the werewolf a glare as she weakly spoke, “I did. And we are heading to the witch’s house.” As cold as the late winter wind, the vampire responded before she stared ahead, where the shadow of white woods, which contrasted dramatically with the mist, occurred in their view. A flock of bird flew a meter away above their heads, appeared from nowhere, except from the untouchable frost which flooded the surrounding. For a moment, Krystal pondered how the animals managed to breathe in that glacial air.

“Noted that already. But where? Which direction? Is it towards the mountain? Or across this spooky wood? Or does it needs longer journey to get there?” Heaving out a smoky sigh, Kai retorted as his palms met each other, producing heat in between the friction’s made.

A shiver crept into Krystal’s spine before she replied in frustration, “Across this wood, a graveyard, a forest meeting a waterfall, towards the bridge is an isolated city, and then climbing an uneven hill to the witch’s castle.”

“Wait. It’s an actual castle?”

“Yes. And can you stop talking? Because it’s wasting my energy.” Annoyance was visible in between her gritted teeth as the woman lifted up her weight from the sudden deep snow, which she accidentally stepped in.

Smirking casually, Kai stared sideward at Krystal’s shivering figure as she halted on the spot momentarily to brush off the pearls of snow away from her boots. “I thought that vampires could fight the cold. See? It is proven naturally that werewolves are stronger than the vamps.” His dark brunette bangs shadowed his forehead as he gazed down towards the crouching Krystal, hands buried in the coat’s pockets.

Shooting the male a death glare after she spun her figure around, the vampire then eventually collided with longed warmness as a pair of hands rapidly pulled her into his arms. Her eyes widened but her muscles stiffened, causing her to stay still in his warm grip.

“Don’t flash me that red orbs of yours. We’ve agreed not to fight each other anymore, so I guess it will be okay for us to share the heat for a while.” With soft tone, Kai spoke up as he buried his face in her jet black hair. One of his palms caressed the back of her head as the other one lingered around her frail waist—touches were gentle yet filled with carefulness, afraid that the beast inside of Krystal might be awakened with his abruptness.

With hitched breathe, Krystal eventually came to her egoistic-self as her palms crept upwards in between their tiny gap, against Kai’s broad chest before a light push was sent to the male. “Kai. What do you think you are—”

“Just for a while, Krystal. Just for a while.”

“No. Kai. We are—”

“Why are you being so stubborn? Can’t you see that your body is trembling like hell?” Pushing himself away from Krystal with palms placing on her shoulders, on purpose to gaze straight into the vampire’s dark brown orbs, Kai noticed that his gesture had just shut her up as his eyes travelled downwards. “Even your lips had turned blue.”

Surprised by the sign of possible hypothermia, Krystal swiftly shook off Kai’s grip from her shoulder as her fingers crept onto her lips. “It… did?” In the tremble which occurred from both coldness and fear, Krystal squeaked out. The sight of Kai, who nodded slowly as a response, caused Krystal’s rationality to jump out, as her iris began to be painted in crimson red and skin to be thinner with its pale porcelain colour.

Stepping aback in the appearance of a vampire, Kai’s eyebrows were furrowed in fear mixed with anxiety as his eyes observed her gesture. “Krystal. I only intended to warm you up. I never meant to wind you—”

“Human.” A pause with a considered look. “I can’t be a human who have a potential of getting hypothermia in this cold weather—I’ll be dead then.” Accompanied by her ranges of knowledge, Krystal spoke up as her grip around the coat tightened. A questioned look, which was visible on the surface of the werewolf’s features caused her to heave out a sigh, and explained, “Hypothermia is a disease caused by extreme coldness. And vampires don’t have blood flow in their veins, which is why I transformed.”

A flash of silver orbs made a quick appearance in Kai’s eyes–a sign of his calmed wolf as his muscles began to be relaxed. “I thought—never mind. But are you sure that people wouldn’t witness you like this?” Cocking up a brow, with gaze plastered on a pair of dagger-like fangs which had grew just beneath Krystal’s folly painted lips, Kai questioned.

Mindlessly spun around in order to continue walking, Krystal let the question to disperse in the thin air of the late winter dawn as her boots squished the thick snow beneath. The presence of Kai could be sensed, trailing in frustration behind her. Followed by the colour of red roses which shaded her orbs, Krystal squinted her gaze to the sight ahead, occasionally waved her palms to the side on purpose to give a way to her eyes in scanning the route.

“Krystal” The werewolf called out as his breathing became heavier with each steps taken. Pure snow being buried by his dragging weight as the man croaked out in firmer yet (somehow) weaker tone, “Krystal.”

Irritated, the woman eventually spun her figure around with furrowed eyebrows. “What agai—! Kai!” The earlier anger soon was washed away by a panicked reaction as Krystal stormed towards a crouched figure of the werewolf. Her eyes widened, palms trembled, and cold sweats rolled down her porcelain skin. If Krystal was shivering due to the cold earlier, then she was trembling in anxiety at the moment. The sight of blood which contrasted vividly with the snow caused her to cringe as her gaze plastered on the pierced leg of Kai. Carefully with hitched breath, Krystal brought her hands up towards the male’s shoulder with an intention of steadying him up—only to give him more reason to groan.

“Krystal.” Only those syllables managed to roll out from his hissing tongue as his forehead was sketched in painful frown. His muscles and veins stood up from his tanned flesh as a vague stare was thrown to the bloody foot of his. Dagger spikes chained his flesh, connected in a form of metallic circle. It was a foot-hold trap.

With knitted eyebrows, Krystal examined the damage caused by the hell trap as her crimson red eyes wildly travelled for something to release the trap from his foot. In between the grunts and pants, the vampire eventually pricked up her ears, sensing a movement.

“Krystal—?” Confused by her sudden stiffness, the werewolf called out weakly as his fists were curled up into a ball, trying to bear the piercing pain.

As fast as the lightning, the woman placed a palm softly against Kai’s lips—not intending to hurt him more—before her ears continued to listen. “Someone is expecting an animal to be caught on the trap. Must be a frigging owner of it.” In hushed tone, Krystal stated as her gaze wondered around the wood.

Growling lowly, the werewolf whined in irony, “But I’m not an anima—“

“Be quiet.” Firmly, she snapped up and shifted her gaze towards Kai. Unfortunately, the moment when they held a brief eye-contact, was the moment when a gasp could be heard, appearing from behind. Alerted, Krystal spun her figure around and stood furiously, covering the injured werewolf who was still crouching on the red snow. A sight of a man in his early 30’s registered in the woman’s mind, followed by a shotgun in his grip.

Stutter escaped the man’s bruised lips, as he widened his eyes at the view, “W-what are you?” Perhaps it was due to the mists around them which created a dramatic effect on Krystal’s appearance as a vampire, which caused the man to believe in what he saw rather than accusing the sight as a mind illusion. A simple gesture of the man, who slowly lifted up the gun to his chest level leaded the vampire to storm straight towards him in a speed of light. Orbs flared in crimson fire whilst the human remained still and confused in spot.

Despite the fact about his staggering foot, a smirk successfully crept onto the corner of Kai’s lips as he watched the terror in the man’s eyes. You deserve it… bastard, a dark part of Kai whispered as his wolf awakened in victory with the prey served in front of their bare eyes. Due to his muscles which extended its size to form a wolf figure, the foot-trap eventually tore apart, scattered in pieces although his foot was still bleeding. The loud sound of the clanking metals caused both Krystal and the man to shift their gaze over. And that was when the vampire tackled the human before he was pushed backwards heading to the snow, barely had a chance to even struggle beneath her tight grip around his neck. Krystal eventually planted her sharp fangs into the sensitive part of his alluring neck, causing the human to groan in pain. His plead for freedom, however, only leaded her to dig in deeper and deeper, savouring the craved blood of a human.

A howl vibrated throughout the places, arising the darkness’s wake. Kai fell to his four legs as he crawled steadily towards the shouting human, who was begging for help. Its soft fur was shining in silver – the colour of moon itself. Threatening growl escaped its large mouth, flashing its sharpened teeth as he encircled both Krystal and the man. From the side, Kai’s pointed ears could detected the faint “wait until I’ve up his blood” from the vampire, who was throwing him a sharp glimpse.

Several minutes ticked by before a soul freed itself from the human’s drained figure, which rested beneath Krystal’s grip. With a final , the vampire eventually let go of the lifeless body and stood up from the ground, swiftly wiped away the remaining blood from her folly-painted lips.

The wolf wasted no time as it sprinted across the woman and hungrily chomped onto the served flesh of the body. Dagger teeth resembled the earlier pain of the trap which he fell for (but of course, it was even more painful if the human was still alive), blade-like claws pinned down the flesh from shifting, and his stomach was filled with fresh meat with an extra fact that it was the type which he preferred the most—a human’s meat.

After the last few vibrations of Kai’s chomping, which engulfed the vibe, both Krystal and the werewolf eventually transformed back into a human shape along with their heated body. Their souls were completed with satisfaction of the meal—except for that unfilled need of lust.

Both creatures knew it… and were craving for each other.

Yet one of them was holding her needs back, as an ego crept back into her soul.

But the man chose to ignore, and instantly attacked her alluring lips with his hungry ones, slamming their bodies together. They were panting heavily, trying to catch the oxygen in between the light struggles and the aggressive kisses. As hard as Krystal urged to pry him away, she found herself kissing him back. Hungrily. In the loss of lust.

It was when Kai began to slam Krystal against the withered tree and pushed her coat away from her shoulder, that Krystal tore their lips apart, panting. “Stop it. Stop it here.” With a palm placed against the man’s chest, she demanded.

Kai, however, chose to shove away those syllables as he quickly attacked the woman’s milky neck and planted hickeys along the trail.

Stop. Kai.” Holding back a moan, as he successfully found her sensitive spot, Krystal pushed his chest with much more force in a stern expression. She had to admit that the sight of Kai, who panted along with sweats dropped down his brunette, was turning her on—however, the woman knew where to stop.

Because she knew that they had done something wrong.

Something terribly wrong.

With a dazed look towards Krystal, Kai eventually pulled his hands away from her waist and stepped back once. His panting slowly toned down, and the crisp wind rapidly filled the empty spaces of her warmth.

A pang of guilt reached Krystal as she searched for Kai’s dark brown orbs, waiting for him to wake up from the world of lust. She knitted her eyebrows as a frown made its appearance on her smooth forehead. Just when her figure spun around from holding an eye-contact with Kai, a familiar grip was wrapped around her wrist, and called out softly, “Krystal…”

In a failed stoic façade of hers, Krystal responded even without facing him, “I shouldn’t have let my guards down and let this mistake happened.”

“No. Look, Krystal—”

“And you said that you love Ji Hye.” In the verge of tears, Krystal eventually spun around to face him, and yanked his grip away from her frail wrist. “Why, Kai? A man in love wouldn’t let the lust to take over him. Especially with your own lover’s best friend!” In the back of her mind, Krystal realised that it was not entirely his fault that they fell for the lust. Because she knew, that once they transformed into the half side of theirs, anything wouldn’t be controllable for their rationality to hold back.

Because they were the cursed creatures which commit sin to live.

Unlike before, the man chose to remain silent as his gaze cascaded downwards, glaring in guilt towards the shades of blue snow. Heavy stomps of Krystal’s boots, which were distancing away, leaded Kai to trail from behind with a crestfallen expression and curled fists in frustration—not due to the displease towards Krystal’s statement, instead it was due to himself. His own failure in holding the lust back when he had just transformed into a human shape. If it was the first time, then sure, Kai could easily let it went pass him smoothly. But it was the second time. The second time after Ji Hye. Only this time, his wolf self could be controlled from tearing down the flesh of Krystal. Perhaps it was due to his mind which had noted the fact about a vampire side of the woman. Perhaps it was because he could finally control his beast.

Or perhaps… perhaps the hidden reason was more than that.

More than just a mere lust.

Heaving out a sigh, Kai tiredly shoved away the thoughts from his mind as the walk was dragging with deafening silence. However, even though he loathed the tensed silence around them, the man knew that he had no right to give a response to Krystal’s rage.

Wasn’t their world had been embraced in tension even from the beginning of the tale after all?

 

 

Tall hills shadowed the soft porcelain ground of the different layers of snow, competing each other to reach the sea of the cloudless azure sky. Beneath the humps of hills were the old graveyards, queuing in disciplined order. The huge golden sun was slowly rising on the top of their heads, flashing the tiny world its own hollow rays, thus transporting the buried snow to the atmosphere through evaporation. Less pure white smoke escaped in between the breathing of both Kai and Krystal, as the mists around them became thinner with each seconds ticked by.

Only steady footsteps accompanied the whole journey. It was still silent. Yet somehow, those creatures seemed to be adapted in that deafening vibe, as their facial expressions were still tense along with knitted eyebrows.

Kai’s legs began to ache even though he had try his best in keep going ahead with a vague enthusiasm that they will meet their destination soon. It was no wonder on how Krystal managed to pass through the hours of journey within a snap of her fingers. Because she could simply lifted her weight up from the ground, and flew lowly with the use of her power. Sure, werewolves also have strong muscles especially on their legs, and Kai was determined that the egoistic vampire, who was walking coldly in front of him, had acknowledged about that fact even earlier than he did. But perhaps—perhaps Krystal had forgotten about his one injured foot. However, the man had no intention in halting their walk, since it might have wind up the vampire even more. And getting into another fight or argument was the last thing that Kai had wished. Truth to be told, the blood which was flowing out from his foot had long frozen—even though the pain was still lingering as he staggered to walk, the man promised himself to bear through it and ignore.

As he wondered his gaze around, Kai noticed that the graveyard wasn’t as eerie as he had pictured it beforehand. Perhaps it was due to the mists which had gone thinner and dispersed into the air, along with the sun which was beaming downwards. However, the werewolf realised that if he counted both Krystal and himself in for the fearsome level of the cemetery, then he knew that it will change everything. They were more frightening than a dead human being, after all.

An abrupt halt of the vampire’s step in front of him caused Kai’s thought to meet an end. Letting his injured foot to linger behind the other foot momentarily, the man then heavily travelled his gaze upwards, waiting for another gesture from Krystal’s abruptness.

Heaving out a sigh, the woman eventually exclaimed, “I need you again, Lay.” Her tone was gentle yet demanding. And just before Kai could question her from behind, a familiar creature flew down from the sky, riding a soft bright cloud as a transport.

Accompanied by a genuine dimpled smile, the wizard, who was known as Lay, spoke up, “Him again?”

“Yes.”

“May I hear the magical respect?”

Rolling her eyes, Krystal sternly replied with an annoyed façade, “Please?

Chuckling lightly, Lay eventually nodded before he hopped down the tiny cloud and patted the vampire’s head. “That’s my girl.”

A noticeable squeeze could be felt in Kai’s heart as he stared sourly at the sight ahead. He did not know why, but the contact between those two creatures were causing him to cringe in disgust. What is their relationship? —was the first of thousands of question which flooded Kai’s once hollow mind.

With soft brown orbs shifted towards the creature behind them, Lay eventually forward in gentle steps, flashing Kai a friendly grin. “You are lucky that this little witch did something opposite than what she usually do, you know.”

“I’m not a witch.”

Ignoring the scowl from Krystal, the werewolf faced the wizard in pure confusion mixed with curiosity, “What does she usually do?” The sour feeling soon faded away as he noticed the vibe of Lay, who only treated the vampire like nothing more than a sister. Why would he care about it anyway?

Slightly surprised by Kai’s range of syllables, the wizard had his eyebrows knitted before he threw a look to the back, towards Krystal. “Don’t act like you don’t know.”

“No, I don’t. And who are you anyway? You keep appearing in the most random time at the most random place.”

An amused chuckle escaped the shorter male’s lips as he stared straight into Kai’s orbs, and replied, “All right. I guess I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Lay—”

“As for; laying eggs?”

“No. Could you just let me finish?”

The slightly stern tone which the wizard used, caused a line of smile to curl up the corner of Krystal’s lips. Even from the day she woke up as a vampire, Lay had never fail to make her day. Or perhaps—it was Kai’s assumption which brought amusement into her once gloomy soul.

From his peripheral view, Kai could witnessed the slight grin of the woman, who was as hard as a rock and as cold as an ice. And just like that, he found himself gracing up a smile across his face, cherishing the first time for him to catch that beautiful grin.

Puzzled by the sudden curl of the werewolf’s lips, Lay raised up a brow casually in question. His gaze then rested momentarily towards the grinning vampire, before he stared back forward and continued, “My birth name is Zhang Yixing. But as you can see, I’m living in the other side of the world – which is the fantasy world. So instead of having the long name, they called me Lay instead. Anyway, I am Krystal’s childhood friend. Well, she can’t remember that I am, but trust me—I actually am her childhood friend. It’s just her and her fake amnesia.”

“It’s not amnesia.”

“Ignore that little girl. So, I only come to this world if Krystal is in desperate need for magic. And in this case, you are her desperate need.” A pause was taken as Lay left a space for the younger man to digest the information in his brain. He purposely threw a glimpse over his shoulder, spotting the pouting Krystal.

“Lay—”

“That’s an oppa for you.”

A sigh filled with annoyance escaped her lips, before she eventually spoke up, “Right. Lay oppa, you made it sound like Kai and I have something for each other.” Her gaze bored straight into the wizard’s dark brown orbs. If it was possible for her power, Krystal would be glad to throw daggers by just glaring towards the man.

Spinning around with a brief glimpse towards the startled Kai, Lay replied as a smirk crept onto his lips, “Aren’t you, though?” Contrasting with the way he spoke earlier, it was now filled with confidence, as if he knew the fact before everyone else does.

“No.” In light hesitation, Krystal snapped.

Even before the older man could give a response, Kai interrupted blankly, still deep in his trailing thoughts, “Did you called this Lay-guy because you noticed that my foot is still injured?” The question was directed towards Krystal, even though his eyes were darting downwards, staring at the dirtied snow beneath.

The vampire had been thought with loads of knowledge even when she was so young, however, the fact that she found it hard to force down her own saliva at Kai’s question, was confusing her. “I—I guess I could smelled it. I’m a vampire after all.”

Another pang of guilt attacked the werewolf’s heart, as an earlier thought about Krystal’s carelessness had been proved wrong. Kai snapped his head up in instant, staring straight into the woman’s eyes. His heart was dying to throw out any syllables of apology, but his lips wouldn’t even move. Seconds flowed along with gentle staring and a set of beating hearts.

“Guys. You can continue your staring competition later. I can’t be long here. So buddy, give me your foot.” A demand from Lay snapped both of them out of their thoughts. The older man observed the act of Kai, who was settling down onto a rock, which had been blanketed by layers of pure snow, before he shoved an injured foot forward.

A pleased smile graced upon Lay’s lips, brushing off the earlier smirk from his face. His figure was crouched down, facing the werewolf’s foot before a glow sparked up from his palms. Kai’s veins were painted in the golden light as Lay hovered his palms above the foot, expression completely turned serious and tense as his figure created a low glow. “Usually, this girl will kill a werewolf without any hesitation.” His tone was low yet gentle, crystal clear eyes plastered on the injured foot. “After all, both vampires and werewolves had been in a war ever since before.” Glittering lights flowed up through Kai’s veins into his body, spreading the magic. “So you’re indeed lucky that she didn’t chose to kill you.” The vague glow from his figure disappeared before his palms were slowly brought back to his side, as the glow began to fade away. Gazing up, still in a crouching state, Lay asked out of curiosity, “Don’t you think it’s strange? That she didn’t murder you after everything?”

The wheels in Kai’s brain spun even faster, working out a logical reason behind the woman’s act. Truth to be told, the werewolf had never really thought about it—about the fact that Krystal actually had a long list of reasons on why she should end his life. But she didn’t. “Krystal did try to kill me before.”

“Ever think why she changed her mind?”

“Oppa.”

“Kai?”

“Oppa, we’ve made an agreement to work together in this earlier before. Just don’t make a huge ruckus about—”

“Or should I call you, Kim Jongin?” The wizard stood up from the position, encircled Kai with his infamous stoic face.

Something inside of the younger man stirred. Kim Jongin. He knew—he was sure that he had heard that name before. However, no matter how much he tried to squeeze out any clues about the familiarity of the syllables, Kai still couldn’t define the reason why the name fitted perfectly in him.

“Kim Jongin.”

His body stiffened every time those syllables rolled out of Lay’s tongue casually, yet demandingly in a strange way.

“Kim Jongin.”

An urge to snap at Lay for kept mentioning that familiar yet alien name crept into Kai, when suddenly, a scream filled with tears echoed throughout the cemetery. In anxiety, the werewolf sprinted towards Krystal, who was crouching down with palms on the sides of her ears.

It was a similar sight as that morning.

With palms shaking the weak body of Krystal, Kai’s panic rapidly rose inside of him as his lips called for her name over and over again, competing with her uproarious scream. “Lay! Do something! Can’t you see that she’s suffering here?!”

The other man, however, only stood still with a blank expression. His dark orbs refracted wisdom, before his lips parted open to speak, “She’s not suffering, Jongin.”

“Damn it, Lay! Stop calling out that name! No one is called Jongin here!”

Accompanied with a crestfallen reaction, Lay cascaded his gaze downwards before he eventually exclaimed, tone gentle although he was alerted by the screaming Krystal, “There is someone. It is all here now. She knew. She will know. You will soon realise that everything is perfect.”

“What the are you ting about, Lay?! Stop her from the pain instead!”

“Hyung. I’m Yixing hyung.” Only those syllables lingered off his lips, before a silhouette portal appeared behind the wizard.

“Lay—! Fine, I’ll call you hyung if that will make you heal her! Please!”

However, the older man only spun around, leave the plea cold in the winter wind, and began walking towards the portal. Hesitation reached his face as his foot stepped into the portal, before he spoke his last words, “Just make sure that she is in your arms. Then she will be calmed.”

 

 

Three seconds of pitch black canvas registered into her mind, before the bright sight of winter forest greeted her consciousness. Thin layer of blue clouds filled her vision as she squinted at the brightness of the floating cerulean shaded cottons. A second after the serene vibe, came an abrupt appearance of a piercing memory, as it recalled itself into her mind. That voice. The squealing voice which pierced her ears. It arrived just after Lay mentioned about the name; Kim Jongin. Perhaps Krystal really was going insane—that she even found the name familiar in her own ears. And it strangely fitted perfectly when it floated above her tongue.

Shoving her crowded thoughts away, Krystal eventually cracked her eyes open, and the whole sight of her whereabouts registered in her packed mind. Above her was Kai with his eyes rested gently, casting shadows from his soft lashes. His head was tilted up slightly, leaning against the pale bark of a hovering tree. In between the growing leaves of the tree was the rays of sun, illuminating the soft features of Kai. Her serene gaze examined the bronzed features of the man – from closed eyelids, to his plump lips. That was when a flashback of the lust flashed in her memories. That feeling of his lips, rested against hers.

It was fantastic. It felt fantastic, even though Krystal realised that it was terribly wrong.

The euphonious chirp of the blue birds created harmony to the woman’s halted thoughts. Soft grin graced upon her lips, and that was when she realised that it was the end of winter, when spring began to bloom out of the ice. It explained the reason why there were a couple of crows, which flew across her in the woods earlier.

Her gaze then rolled over Kai’s figure, and spotted her own silky hair fell from his laps. Eventually, Krystal lifted herself up from his warmth before she peacefully sat across him, once again examining his features. A soft smirk, which abruptly graced on the male’s lips, startled Krystal for a second.

“I am that handsome?” Slowly, the werewolf fluttered his eyes open before frown appeared on his forehead as his eyes readjust the level of brightness of the surrounding. With palms shifting his weight onto the comfortable side of the slightly frosted grass, Kai deeply inhaled a fresh breath of the first day of spring.

The vampire, however, only left the question hung in the mid-air for a moment as she was deep in her thoughts, before she stared up straight into his dark brown orbs. “No. How long have you been awake?”

Swiftly stretching up his stiffed muscles, Kai replied, “After you moved away from my lap. Why? Have you been watching me for a longer time?” An amused grin crept onto the corner of his lips as his eyes began to be in the shape of a pair of gorgeous crescents.

Throwing the man a small shook, Krystal then shifted her gaze away, expression was dropping in each seconds.

“Hey, you’re okay?” Accompanied with concern which was dripping off his voice, Kai slowly reached out for Krystal as he shifted forward. The sight of the woman caused him to be breathless for a second, as the Castleton green of the forest contrasted perfectly with her soft features, along with the cerulean blue shaded by white snow mountains which stood proudly from distant behind her.

Witnessing the refracted image of herself in Kai’s clear orbs, Krystal hesitatingly nodded with knitted eyebrows, “Kai, how did you managed to know the path to this forest?”

 

 

 


I think this chapter was messed up, until iamminhee 'fixed up' my grammar and stuff. Honestly, I am that busy to the extent that even my English was ditched when I typed up this chapter. So a big applause to my lovely beta-reader ;) On the previous chapter, deezle guessed the answers almost correctly, which I was surprised of since she almost guessed out the of this story (lol). The other (silent) readers and commenters were also close to know the truth behind all of this, cause I knew that my readers are smart ^^

Anyway, this chapter is quite confusing. But Lay appeared! Yeay! What do you think about what he said to those couple? And why do you think Kai couldn't feel anything, when Krystal heard a shriek inside of her head? Drop a comment below and let me now your precious thoughts!