I See You...

I'm Not One of Those Crazy Girls

Jessica let out a sigh when she plopped down on the couch. Several thoughts were running through her mind while she stared off into space. She didn’t even notice that her sister took a seat next to her until a hand almost smacked her in the face, “What was that for?”

“I tried calling out your name several times but you ignored me.”

Jessica leaned back on the couch, “I was thinking of something.”

“Care to share?”

“I talked to Tiffany about the photo in the yearbook.”

“Really? So was that her?”

“She said it was and that we met in America. I do remember the incident she said we first met but something is still bothering me but I am not sure what.”

“How can something be bothering you if you can’t figure it out?”

Jessica sat up and faced her sister, “Just whenever I am around her or Sunny, I feel like someone is watching.”

“Aren’t you being paranoid? I mean you have many fanboys. Could just be one of them. By the way why don’t you just get a boyfriend? I mean all these fanboys will then leave you alone.”

“Nah. There isn’t any boy in our school I want to date. But this watching thing is different. I don’t think it is one of the boys in our school. I can feel it sometimes when I am walking home too.”

“Maybe it was a cat.”

Jessica gave her sister an icy stare before standing up, “You really are no help.” Jessica then made her way upstairs to her room. She was tired but didn’t feel like sleeping so she just decided to lay in bed until her parents call her down for dinner. Several minutes passed until her phone started buzzing. Jessica rolled over to read the message:

American Friend

“Jessica! Are you busy?”

Jessica

“Not really. Just waiting for my parents to come home.”

American Friend

“Do you know a good noodle place? I am hungry and I don’t know where to find one.”

Jessica

“Parents?”

American Friend

“Busy.”

Jessica

“Wait. I will meet you near the school. I will show you around.”

American Friend

“You are the best Jessy!”

Jessica groaned thinking she had to escape from her comfortable bed but she knew Tiffany needed help since she was once in a situation like this when she first arrived in Korea.

“Hey Krystal! I am going out. Tell mom not to cook dinner for me!” Jessica said as she ran passed Krystal and put on her shoes.

 

It didn’t take Jessica long to reach the school gates since she was lucky and caught the bus right away. Unfortunately, Jessica didn’t see Tiffany anywhere so she just leaned on the gate until she came. Suddenly a hand came on her shoulder causing Jessica to yelp and flinch back in surprise. “Oh it is just you.”

“Ah sorry did I scare you?”

“A little.” Tiffany and Jessica looked at each other for a while until Jessica started walking, “Come on. The place is right over there.”

Tiffany followed silently beside Jessica while taking a few glances here and there but she was still very intimidated by Jessica since she found the girl so beautiful. Jessica thought it was weird how silent Tiffany became since she was usually so outgoing when with her and Sunny, but she shrugged it off. The two finally made it to a tent that was serving noodles outside. “May not look like much but they have the best here.”

Tiffany ordered the same as Jessica and they sat down waiting for their meal to come, “So umm Jessica thanks.”

Jessica had to admit she found the shy side of Tiffany rather cute, “You must lonely with your parents not always around and you don’t know many people.”

“It isn’t that bad. I mean I have you.” The two stopped talking when the noodles came in which the shy Tiffany faded the more time she spent with Jessica. The two started talking about their time in America, family, and a few interests. They both shared a fondness for photography but Jessica insisted she didn’t want to join the club since she liked doing it as a hobby but Tiffany was advent in convincing her to join. “Please?”

“But club activities would take the fun out of it.”

“It is a chance to learn new things!”

“I know enough.”

“Come on…just one club with me?”

Jessica sighed, “Fine but if I don’t like it, I am quitting.”

“You will like it I am sure!” Jessica just laughed at Tiffany. The girl was certainly persistent.

Jessica bid Tiffany goodnight as she made her way back to her home. She didn’t like walking back alone especially when she always had this feeling like someone could be watching but she didn’t have another choice. She hopped onto the bus and felt a bit relieved to be around other people.

Jessica made it down the dimly lit street and arrived home with no problems, “Your home?”

“Yea. It is still before curfew.”

Krystal looked back up to her sister, “Oh! A letter came for you so mom put it on your bed.”

Jessica just nodded and made her way up to her room. She saw the letter, “Humm no return address? I wonder who sent me this.” Jessica carefully opened the envelope and saw it was filled with pictures of her with a note, “Your beauty is captivating at any angle.” Jessica dropped the envelope and the pictures in fear.

 

 


Author's Note

Hello readers!! Getting lots of comments and I love it! Hope I didn't make you wait too long for this chapter :D