The First Day

The Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The First Day

"Can't you do it gently?"

"No, I'll do it my way."

"But it'll be broke if you do it 'your way'."

"Can't you just shut up and work in silent?" Jongin heaved a sigh while putting a plate that he already dried to its place with a loud sound.

"Said the one who making noises." Jihyo muttered as she washed another dirty plate.

It has been a month since Jihyo work in the restaurant and for those times she has been working with Jongin -too much for her liking- as the both of them were the only two part-timer there. Their duty was to wash the dishes and hell, it was such a hard job for Jihyo but fortunately she doing the job properly.

Like usual, silence fell among them. It was always the same, they wouldn't say anything except an argument. At the first day they work together, Jihyo tried to act nice toward Jongin, but that guy was just too ignorant to be true and keep acting rude to her. So, basically Jihyo gave up and just ignoring Jongin's presence from then although it really hard to do as the said guy really annoyed the hell out of her.

Jihyo keep reminding herself to be patient and thinking about another thing when a loud sound of fallen plate could be heard.

"Yah!" Jihyo yelled and take off the pink rubber gloves that she wore. "I told you to be careful and do it gently." She scolded and took Jongin's hand who bleed because of the broken plate that he, Jongin, didn't acknowledge it before.

Without further ado Jihyo took Jongin to staff locker room after she took the first aid kit with her.

"Sit down." She said. But Jongin still standing in front of her. "Well..." She then pushed Jongin down by his shoulder with so much effort to finally made him sat on the long bench inside the locker room while she kneeling in front of him.

Jihyo then opening the first aid kit box before she treat Jongin's cut ever so gently while Jongin on the other side look at her every action.

"You're bearing this well." Jihyo mumbled quietly but Jongin still catch it while she cleaning the cut with alcohol. She then put an ointment before slowly she blew cold air onto the cut which made chill ran down to Jongin's spine.

"Why are you doing this?"

"Uh?"

"I didn't need your help."

"What? Whoa, you really are unbelievable Kim Jongin. Is it so hard for you to just saying a little thank you?" Jihyo said as she stood up and close the first aid kit box after she put the alcohol and ointment back.

"I didn't ask you to do this."

"And I didn't know that you're really such an ."

"Oh Jihyo, Kim Jongin. Manager Khun called the both of you." One of the worker said which only gained a slight 'yes' from Jihyo. Jihyo then took off her apron and rubber gloves before she start to walked off from kitchen, lead by Jongin.

"Do you want to see us?" Jihyo said after Jongin open the door slightly.

"Ah, yes. You can sit." Nichkhun said as he watch both of Jihyo and Jongin sat in front of him. "So, how's work?"

"It's good." Jihyo said.

"Great. Well, I call you both to inform that you can start learning how to handle guest since our place is kinda busy lately and we just hire another worker to clean the dishes."

"Ah, yes."

"So, Mirae will tell you what to do and watch how you work. If you find any difficulties, you can freely ask her for help or ask other workers as well."

"Okay, sir." Jihyo said politely which only gained a dumb grin from Nichkhun.

Not long after, Mirae came and she teach the both of Jihyo and Jongin what they should do. Jihyo listening what Mirae said seriously but she couldn't focus as she keep lancing at Jongin who seemed like he didn't care about Mirae's little lesson.

"That's it. There's a guest who just came. So, Jongin, can you please serve them?" Mirae finished her lesson with a gentle smile before she look at Jongin.

Jongin just bowed slight

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter