Well, Someone Has to Pay

Rise Tonight

Previously on Rise Tonight:

 

“Look, I’m just saying that we can help you with this problem, but you’re not letting us.  And now, Hyosung-sshi’s entered your life again.  I don’t know how you going to avoid this, but we all know that she’s the reason you’ve become this way.  What are you going to do if she finds out?”

 

Taeyang was silent for a while, before he answered.

 

“If she finds out, then I have no choice but to explain it.  But there’s no way she’ll find out.”

 

Right?

___________________________________________________________________

As Hyosung entered her dorm, she saw that the lights were dimmed low and the TV was turned off.  This usually meant that the girls must have been sleeping by now, and that she should be in the clear from interrogations until the morning.  Still, she took the precaution of shutting the door behind her quietly, as well as tiptoeing slowly to her room.

 

Not like it mattered.

 

Right as Hyosung opened her bedroom door, the ceiling light illuminated and Hyosung was pushed onto her bed.  The door shut loudly behind her before her three members surrounded her.  “Tae….yang….oppa?,” Jieun asked, raising her eyebrows.

 

“I said get acquainted with Taeyang sunbaenim, not flirt with him,” Hana said with a hint of jealousy. 

 

Hyosung blushed a bit at the thought, but she did her best to hide it.  However, she did think for a moment if that was what she was doing with Taeyang.

 

“Ani, it’s nothing like that!  It’s just to make the atmosphere less formal!  You guys understand that right?,” Hyosung said, trying to get her point across. Jieun and Hana didn’t make any acknowledgement towards her statement.  Hyosung had one last hope with Sunhwa.  “Sunhwa, you understand, right?”

 

“I don’t know, but it all seems a bit fishy-,” Sunhwa started with her eyes closed.

 

Hyosung interrupted her, stating, “Sunhwa!  GD oppa said hi to you too!”

 

Immediately, Sunhwa opened her eyes. “Chi-chincha?!  Omo!  Omo!  Did he say anything else?!  Unnie, can you get Yongie oppa’s number from Taeyang oppa?!” 

 

Jieun and Hana started to stare at Sunhwa as she continued her fangirl spazz-attack, while Hyosung finally got a chance to take a breather and relax.  After a while, Sunhwa finally calmed down and the attention was back onto Hyosung.

 

“Okay, unnie, we’ll let this slip a bit, though this whole thing was really a joke,” Jieun admitted.

 

“Yah!  I’m tired, you know?,” Hyosung groaned at the truth.

 

“Well, someone had to pay for giving us a panic attack with the oppa talk.  But seriously, how was Taeyang and GD sunbaenims’ performances?,” Hana asked.

 

Hyosung smiled at the question before answering, “Their performances are what we should aspire to accomplish, right?!”  The girls nodded and smiled in agreement.  “Ohhh, by the way, if you guys are free on Thursday, would you want to go to a small celebration party for Taeyang-sshi?  Of course, this is if he ends up winning.”

 

The girls ended up groaning and sighing before giving their reasons that they can’t make it due to other schedules.

 

“So I’ll be with Taeyang-sshi again by myself?  Aigoo, that’s not good,” Hyosung joked. 

 

“Wae?  Because you’re afraid of falling in love with him?  Kekeke you know he hasn’t dated a girl before.  He might not even think of it as that,” Hana joked as well, but the girls didn’t realize that what she said made Hyosung really anxious now.

 

Hyosung had always admired Taeyang and even found him attractive a bit, but she never thought there would be a day that she’d be this close to him at all.  He, along with the rest of Big Bang, seemed to be too out of reach to even converse with sometimes.

 

“Unnie, you alright?  Unnie?,” Sunhwa said before shaking Hyosung on the shoulder.

 

“Ahhh, neh.  I’m fine.”  Hyosung turned to Hana, remembering the first intention to speak to Taeyang.  “Hana, when’s your album arriving?  I should be able to give it on Thursday, right?”

 

“Neh.  It’s coming out on the 10th, so it should arrive on Tuesday,” Hana replied.

 

“Okay, then everything should be set, I guess.  Now, can we sleep please?  I’m tired from the performance and from eating,” Hyosung said before lying down on her bed.  The girls chuckled before turning down the light and shutting her door, so that their leader could sleep.

 

**********

 

“…And the winner of today’s M Countdown is…Taeyang!  Congratulations!...”

 

Thursday finally arrived, and Hyosung was again anxious due to the promise she made.  She made her way to Taeyang’s dressing room, where he was thanking everyone who came to help him out today.  “Thank you all for helping today, and usually we would celebrate together, but I got something to tend to.  But if I win next time, I’ll cover for twice the food.”  This resulted in cheers of joy.

 

“Annyeong, oppa!” Hyosung said as everyone else quieted down.

 

Taeyang looked towards the door to Hyosung, before giving a natural eyesmile to her.  “Annyeong, Hyosungie!,” Taeyang said, the casual greeting of course being a surprise to his staff.  “I’ll remember to honor the deal we had today,” he said.

 

“We should be getting to the restaurant soon, right?  Hyosung replied, with Taeyang nodding.  “Bye, everyone!,” she said before bowing to Taeyang’s stylists and back-up dancers.  Taeyang started to help Hyosung out through the door, with his stylists spouting out teases towards the two idols.

 

Taeyang quickly turned around and whispered out his annoyance to them before shutting the door.  Hyosung looked at him, questioning what he did, but he acted like nothing happened.  “Shall we go?,” Taeyang asked.  Hyosung nodded and led the way to the van.

 

**********

 

“Youngbae-ah!  Hyosung-sshi!  Welcome back!  I heard you won today, Youngbae-ah!  Congratulations!,” the ahjumma praised as she pulled Taeyang into another one of her hugs.

 

“Kamsahamnida,” was all Taeyang said, as he’d get this response whether he won or not.  But he appreciated it nonetheless.  After the two broke the hug and Hyosung greeted her, the ahjumma brough them to another booth, this time a little bigger and enough room for four people.

 

“Oppa, here’s Hana’s album that she wanted to get signed,” Hyosung mentioned as she handed the album over to Taeyang.  Taeyang remembered to bring a pen for this, but as he started writing, Hyosung said, “I asked if my members wanted to come celebrate as well, but they were all busy, so I guess it’ll be just us again.”

 

Taeyang looked up for a second towards the door, before looking back to Hyousug, returning the album to her and smiled.  “Yeah, I don’t think that’s true anymore.”

 

“Hyo unnie!  Anneyeong!,” a female voice said as she walked towards the booth.  Hyosung was surprised by the greeting, but when she turned around, she immediately got up to hug the new arrival.

 

“Eunji-ah?!  Hey, how are you?,” Hyosung exclaimed to the younger woman as the two women sat back in the booth.

 

“Ahhh, I’m fine.  I finally had a chance to rest today after shooting for my drama for a while,” Eunji explained.  Taeyang excused himself from the table to go speak with the ahjumma.

 

“By the way, don’t mind my asking, but why are you here, Eunji-ah?,” Hyosung asked, confused by her sudden appearance.

 

“Actually, when I arrived home this morning to relax at the condo, I bumped into Taeyang-sshi in the elevator.  Apparently, he knew we were friends, so he offered me a chance to come to make it easier on you,” Eunji explained.

 

“Chincha?  Wae?”

 

“From what I remember, he said you two were speaking casually with each other, but he had a feeling that you were still a bit uncomfortable with him.  So here I am, to make it a bit better,” Eunji continued.  “Looks like he wanted you to become comfortable,” she said with a sly smile, as if she was referring to something with a romantic meaning.

 

Just then, another voice suddenly appeared.  “Youngbae hyung?!  Why only now you invite me to eat?...........Noona?!  Eunji-sshi?!”

 

Taeyang finally returned, holding a plate of fresh raw meat.  “Ohhh, Seungri-ah!  Take a seat over here if you want to eat!,” he said gesturing to his side of the booth, to which Seungri did.  As Taeyang sat down after Seungri, he asked Hyosung ,“I assume Eunji-sshi explained everything?”  Eunji nodded in response, and Taeyang thanked her with an eyesmile.

 

“I’m guessing hyung brought me here for the same thing then, noona.  It’s been a while since we’ve met up though, so it’s fine with me,” Seungri said.

 

Hyosung gave a slightly gummy smile, thinking to herself about the situation.  Taeyang oppa is being very considerate for me.  First the whole cover-up for the wet shirt.  Then paying for our meal the first time.  Now, bringing people I’m friends with to make it more comfortable. 

 

Does he like me too?  Or am I overthinking this? 

 

Taeyang interrupted her train of thinking with a simple question.  “Hyosungie, you want the first piece?”  He held the freshly grilled meat in front of her with his chopsticks in order to feed her.

 

Maybe I’m not being unrealistic.  Maybe he’s just sort of awkward with girls but he’s trying to make the most of it.  You don’t see this confident side of him often, besides on stage.  I don’t know, but I’m definitely going to try my best too.

 

“Kogi!,” Hyosung yelled before taking the piece of meat with , leading to the other three to laugh at her actions.

 

But Hyosung didn’t care.  She was starting to fall for the person rising back to the top.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Wait, I have to pay for two more people?!”

______________________________________________________________

Well, it got a bit corny there at the end, but whatever.  The next update will hopefully be soon.  :)

 

Also, I'm planning to put up another story, or at least a teaser, soon as well so look out for that too!  My first attempt at writing a We Got Married story!