3; Before The Purging.

The Purge. -DISCONTINUED.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Excuse me?" Jiseul openly gaped at him as he simply smiled from ear to ear, "marriage? with you?"

"Yeah, why not, Jiseul-sshi?" Joonmyun laughed, his eye smile appearing. Halting his laughter, he looked at her from the corner of his eye.

"I'm merely joking with you, I wouldn't ask for your hand in marriage without your consent." He winked and it was then that she realized how good natured he was.

"Well, thank you for your consideration." Jiseul recollected herself, calming down her flustered self.

Joonmyun chuckled and clasped his hands behind his back, "so, still up for that tour?"

"Of course, Joonmyun-ss-"

"On one condition," he held up a finger, signalling her to pause.

"What condition?" she asked, staring at the finger that was close to her face, making her go cross eyed.

"Let's drop the honorifics, our fathers are friends and I'm sure they'd want us to be more comfortable around eachother." Joonmyun smiled at her bashfully, "and I just know we're going to see more of eachother."

"How can you be so sure?" Jiseul's eyes mischieviously glimmered yet her face remained solid.

"I have a hunch," He chuckled and held out his arm, "after you."

"Thank you, Joonmyun." She nodded with the end of her lips hitched upwards, "doing anything for Purge Night?"

Joonmyun immediately shook his head, "I'm against it, it's inhumane and not to mention, meaningless."

"And.. you?" he asked uncertainly, is if worried that he had offended her in some way. Surprising him, Jiseul shook her head.

"I despise it also," She followed him into the restaurant in the foyer. "I just hope my family doesn't participate."

"I'm sure they won't, your father doesn't seem like the type to." Joonmyun assured, "what would you do... if they did?"

Jiseul thought for a while, Joonmyun awaiting her response. 

"I'd.... they'd lose my trust," she said honestly. "If I can't trust them to resist the Purge, I can't trust anyone."

"You're a wise young lady," Joonmyun praised. 

"And you're pretty smart," Jiseul entered the restaurant and searched for an empty table. "For noticing."

His modest laughter reached her ears. "Not as smart as you, Jiseul."

"Hello, Mr. Kim." A waitress bowed after noticing the two, "table for 2?"

"Yes please," Joonmyun looked at Jiseul who was still admiring the little bistro from wall to wall.

"Come on," he led her deeper into the heart of the restaurant. "You'll have more opportunities to explore it when you inherit-"

"Joonmyun.."

"Alright, alright!" Joonmyun laughed, eventually making Jiseul crack a small smile.

*****

"That was delicious, thank for the meal but you didn't have to pay for my share." Jiseul followed Joonmyun as he maneuvred past busy staff and reporters.

"What man would I be if I didn't pay for a measly meal?"

"A $200,500 meal is measly?" She asked incredulously.

"It's our first date, you deserve the best." Joonmyun shrugged.

"It is not a dat-"

"YAH! GET OUT OF THE WAY!"

Jiseul and Joonmyun turned to the commotion. Behind them, a young male was seen bowing repeatedly whilst the older male was seen glaring at him loathefully. Papers were seen scattered all over the grand carpet, making many pairs of eyes divert to their direction. T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter