1; The day before The Purge.

The Purge. -DISCONTINUED.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"...and so, this is the end of our news report. Enjoy your night and remember, stay indoors if you're not purging tomorrow at 7 pm, have a lovely day, viewers!"

"Goodness, who'd participate in such an event?" A middle aged woman frowned at the news anchor's carelessness tone. With a pile of clothes before her, she continued to fold them into neat piles as she listened to the latest broadcasts with her niece beside her. The 20 year old laid her body down the length of the couch, listening intently after mumbling a short reply saying that she knew of nobody that would purge. She sighed and watched the quick snapshots of the merciless killings that were in a slideshow format shown in the ending credits of the news segment. From what she had heard from the students at her school, on the night of the event, you can trust nobody for you don't know if they'll have second thoughts and strike you in the back. The night is dangerous and is best spent alone.

"You'd be surprised," a voice popped up. A graceful figure made her way down the stairs and swooped into the living room to gather her pile of clothing. "Maybe you'll see me roaming the streets to look for someone to kill. I might even steal their wallets afterwards i mean, the sky's the limit, right?"

"Don't be such a sadist, Seulhee." The woman chided her other niece, disappointment present on her face. "I detest that godforsaken holiday. Don't you two ever participate in such a riot, alright?"

"Aunt Hyejung, I can participate in it if i want to. I mean, I am 25 years old." Seulhee replied with a smirk, holding her pile to her chest.

"25 or not, you listen here young lady. You don't know how many innocent people have died because of that pointless day, so stop speaking so foolishly." Her auntie snapped, clearly irritated by the younger's sass mouthing.

"You know.. one day, karma's going to hit you hard."

"I can say the same for you, Yoo Seulhee."

"Oh, yeah? wel-"

"If you'll excuse me, I'll go do my homework now." The youngest in the room said bleakly after clearing . She was tired of the incessant bickering that happened on a daily basis between the two. One day, it would be about who ate the last piece of soondae, the next would be a full blown argument on mannerisms. Yoo Jiseul would've left the abode in a heartbeat if not for her strong daughterly bond with her father.

She calmly pushed herself off the couch to a stand, she looked outside the window and noticed the still night. Everyone was preparing. Seulhee sighed and blocked her path, "just stay and watch tv, Jiseul." Jiseul's elder sister wasn't completely heartless, she could be a motherly figure if need be. But that was what Hyejung was there for, to be the mother the sisters never had so Seulhee didn't bother acquiring such a role.

"Father wants me to go with him to pick up a cake for dessert, any requests?" Jiseul looked at the both of them patiently but was feeling her nerves build up in her from inside. One more sleep and it would be time.

"Your mother liked tirumisu, let's get that." Hyejung suggested, forcing a smile. Jiseul looked at Seulhee to seek her opinion but seeing as Seulhee didn't care for it, she made her way out of the living room to her bedroom.

"Jiseul-ah," a calm, yet cold voice was heard from the s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter