2; Purge Day.

The Purge. -DISCONTINUED.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the day Yoo Jiseul dreaded, It was also the hours many others anticipated with much prepared. It was the only time of the year where all criminal activity would be legal, in other words, where people can go on a rampage and kill everyone they despised- with no restraints. The sky is the limit on this holiday, which made Jiseul detest it even more. It was not a holiday and should not be celebrated. From what she had heard, millions die each year, regardless of age. She heard of a 4 year old girl that got shot for looking for shelter in the wrong neighborhood, along with many other gruesome stories. Jiseul didn't know whether she should believe everything they say, for she had never stepped outside the security of her home on Purge Night. She had never worried about her home being invaded, her home had full surveillance and was always stocked with heavy weaponry as a result of her father's fatherly obligations. 

Yoo Jiseul woke up, startled. Her phone buzzed frantically, calling for her attention. She lightly stretched and reached over the bed to her phone. Unlocking it, a message popped up on her screen which made her squint to get a better look. Still in her morning state, it took her a while to process what it said.

To: Yoo Jiseulie.

From: Kris Wu.

Happy Purge Day...

"'Happy Purge Day'?" Jiseul sneered, her system not quite awake. "This day is bogus, that's what it is-"

"Jiseul! Wake up!" Hyejung's voice was heard bouncing off the walls from downstairs. Suddenly, a course of feet were heard clammering up the staircase.

"JISEUL!"

Before Hyejung could enter her room, Jiseul weakly called out "Good morning" from the other side of the door to indicate that she had drifted from her slumber. She knew that Hyejung was never the same person she knew on any other day. On Purge Day, Hyejung was the complete opposite- irritable and violent. For what reason? nobody knew except for herself and Jiseul's father that's why he knew to steer clear from her on the day.

"Hurry up and get dressed, you need to make it back before commencement." Jiseul heard her aunt bark from the other side of the door before hearing the footsteps advance down the stairs.

Jiseul threw herself back on her bed and waited for sleep to come but seeing as it didn't after a few moments, she gave up and stalked to her bathroom to change into something formal. Seeing as it was an opening to a new hotel, she knew there'd be many business men and women and it would be swarming with their children which were mainly heirs to companies. Knowing her father, he'd want her to dress up so that she could be introduced to one of them which would most definitely guarantee her future. Jiseul was not one to go against her father. She knew how hard her father tried to raise two girls and so she didn't want his hard efforts to go to waste. As compensation, Jiseul allowed her father to choose her betrothed and took it upon herself to make sure her father had many benefits. She had suggested she marry Kris at one stage in which her father immediately rejected, stating that the boy didn't come from a well-off family and did not look committed- work-wise nor romantically. 

"Let's just go with simple," Jiseul said to herself with a light nod, running her fingers along the endless rows of hangers. Suddenly stopping on a particular article of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter