Passing the salt

Daddy, Can You Please Pass the Salt?

Taehyung introducing to Hoseok to people went surprisingly well. All of his friends knew about his so there wasn't an awkward moment when Taehyung slipped up and called Hoseok 'daddy' around his friends. In fact, everyone loved seeing Taehyung happy in a relationship with someone who didn't mind his eccentrics. Jimin, was pleased to finally meet the daddy that Taehyung had texted him about. He greeted Hoseok warmly and within two seconds both of them bonded over dance. Yoongi, Taehyung's friend from Daegu, approved of Hoseok and his rapping skills (although he did grumble that if Taehyung was so hell-bent on finding perfect daddy material, he was the perfect daddy. There was no greater daddy in Korea than Min Yoongi in Min Yoongi's own opinion) and Jungkook, Taehyung's younger neighbor and friend liked Hoseok enough and even wished them luck and that Taehyung's parents approved of him completely.

 

Taehyung wasn't worried about Hoseok meeting his parents. His bedroom daddy had the chance to meet his actual daddy. What was there to go wrong? Hoseok was worried about it but Taehyung calmed his fears. Both of his parents were relaxed people. They were nice and kind, some people find them annoying and loud but to Taehyung they were the most important people in his life.

 

“OK, so you remember everything?” Taehyung asked as they stood in front of the door to his house.


“Your dad was born and raised in Busan and lived here all his life except for a stint in Seoul and Daegu. His name is Jung Daehyun. He was born in June and likes cheesecake. Your other dad who you call mom for some reason was born and raised in Bucheon. He lived in Seoul for a little bit and also Daegu. He's a Taurus and has some weird obsession with light switches and he should never be around one when drunk or happy. His name is Byun Baekhyun.” Hoseok recited.

 

Taehyung smiled, pleased with his Daddy. “And how did they meet? Why did they live in Daegu?”

 

“They met in Seoul. They were set up on a blind date by mutual friends. They moved to Daegu because of your father's work. You're originally from Daegu.”

 

“See, Daddy. I knew you would remember all of them.” Taehyung kissed Hoseok on the cheek and rang the doorbell.

 

True to form, his parents opened the door before Taehyung even removed his finger from the doorbell. “Taehyung!” Baekhyun pulled him into a hug while Hoseok shook hands with Daehyun. They switched as Daehyun hugged Taehyung, Baekhyun shook hands with Hoseok.

 

They sat down to dinner, with a wonderful spread of traditional Korean foods (no doubt bought from the supermarket and ordered from a restaurant. Taehyung and his dads loved eating but they weren't gifted in cooking) and was pleased that they remembered that Hoseok liked Korean food.

 

Dinner went well, Hoseok was his cheerful, smiley self and his parents were happy with him. He answered all their questions perfectly (although Baekhyun was a bit more demanding than Taehyung would have liked when it came to questions) and Hoseok asked questions about his parents. It was the perfect dinner. Taehyung wanted to thank God, his parents, Hoseok, and especially the alien overlords in space for making everything so perfect.

 

Or at least, everything was going perfect. It was perfect until Taehyung decided that the food was not salty enough. “Daddy, can you please pass the salt?”

 

The table was small and the salt shaker was placed directly in the middle, so Daehyun and Baekhyun that were sitting on one side of the table and Hoseok and Taehyung who were sitting on the other side could freely grab it. Hoseok and Daehyun's fingertips touched as they both reached for the salt. In that moment, silence erupted in Busan. There was a pregnant pause, a baby was born, Jesus passed, anything and everything that could have had happened in a second of silence did.

 

Baekhyun was the first to break the silence. “I guess you learn something new everyday.”

 

“Mr. Byun and Mr. Jung, this isn't what it looks like.” Hoseok said.

 

“Is it what it sounds like? Because if I understand correctly, Taehyung calls you Daddy.” Baekhyun said.

 

“It's not what you assume.” Taehyung spoke up. “I don't call him Daddy all the time. Just in bed or as a nickname. His name in my phone contacts. He doesn't talk to me like I'm a child and I don't act younger than I am. I just call him Daddy.”

 

“I guess that does make it a bit better.” Daehyun said.

 

“Daehyun! What are you saying how does it make that any better?” Baekhyun asked, hysteric.

 

“It's not like it's anything that different or weird from normal . Taehyung just calls Hoseok daddy in bed.”

 

“You were always more liberal than me.” Baekhyun resigned with a sign. “Do your friends know?” He asked mainly to Taehyung.

 

“Of course. They've know for a while. I thought my daddy-kink was obvious.”

 

“We should have known. That ladybug outfit was such a sign.” Daehyun said. “How about you, Hoseok? Is it known in Gwanju that you're a daddy?”

 

“Stop saying the word so casually!” Baekhyun said.

 

Hoseok gave a nervous smile and turned red. “I wouldn't say it's a known fact but I think most people have some idea.”

 

The rest of dinner went along smoothly. Taehyung was free to call Hoseok 'daddy' the rest of the night. By the time, dinner ended, even Baekhyun was as OK with it as he would ever get. Taehyung, after all, had never called either one of them 'daddy' a day in his life.

 

“I'm glad that you and Hoseok are happy, even if you don't follow traditional couple rules.” Baekhyun said as he and Daehyun led Taehyung and Hoseok to the door. “I guess that means your relationship will last longer?”

 

Taehyung nodded. “At university there are a lot of daddies but Hoseok beats out all of them. He's like King Daddy.”

 

Daehyun and Baekhyun let a smile play on their lips. “Taehyung, we've always been here for you, no matter what you do in life. If this is what makes you happy then I'm even happier for you.” Daehyun said sincerely.

 

Taehyung knew that his parents were more accepting than most. After all, they were a gay couple and had always loved Taehyung despite the fact that for some strange reason Taehyung never understood, many people found him weird but there was a sense of relief in the fact that they did accept, even though it was wholly, his relationship with Daddy.

 

They gave their last hugs and Taehyung and Hoseok were walking back to their car when Hoseok stopped as he was opening the door. “Are they're really that many daddies at university?”

 

“Yes but I told you, you're the only daddy for me. The other daddies at school have nothing on you.” Taehyung said flashing Hoseok an innocent smile. “I love you, Daddy.”

 

“I love you too babe.”

 

Daehyun and Baekhyun were putting the dishes in the dishwasher. “I'm not exactly keen on the idea of Taehyung calling someone daddy in bed but he is an adult and it is his life. And the way he explained it, their relationship is definitely more on the tame side.”

 

“I knew you would come around.” Daehyun said brightly. “And Hoseok comes from a good family.”

 

“I can't argue with you on that one. Who knew Taehyung would have been able to find a guy like that? I almost thought that he would marry the girl who lives across the street. I wouldn't be able to stand sharing holidays with her awful mother.”

 

Daehyun wrapped his arms around Baekhyun's waist. “You know since Taehyung is so liberal, maybe we should be too. How do you feel about cheesecake on your abs?”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you guys so much for all your comments and support on this crazy little fanfiction that will send me to hell. This chapter, is nowhere nearly based on real life than the first one but I still had so much fun writing this.

I'm a bit sad that this fanfic was so short, I wanted to do more with Taehyung and his friends and more jokes about the daddy-kink but I'm happy with this fanfiction.

But I hoped you enjoyed Daddy!Hoseok and the Jung Family's craziness and Busan and satoori.

<3 Smooches <3

P.S If any of you read my other DaeBaek fanfiction, want to take a guess of who lives across the street?