Meeting Daddy

Daddy, Can You Please Pass the Salt?

Taehyung felt like feeling like a fat- that day. He tried to make excuses about it (he would start working out the very next day, it was the last weekend before he started university for the first time, it was his last day in Gwanju before he had to go back to Busan) but they were all mute points. There was no excuse for why he ordered a large bubble tea with caramel syrup, pan-fried scallion pancakes as an appetizer, vegetable ramen with extra cheese and kimchi as an entree, and for dessert? Extra red beans and milk added in patbingsu. That was clearly made for two people and that Taehyung was going to eat by himself. He snapped pictures to send his father, who would be proud that his son was following in his footsteps of eating everything in sight.

 

Of course, there were moments when Taehyung was ashamed. Case in point, while he was devouring his ramen at top-speed, the most daddy looking guy walked by him to go the bathroom. The only things Taehyung caught sight of was a black vest and a stuffed wallet but even with only those two things Taehyung could tell he was primo daddy material. Taehyung was inhaling his bubble tea with occasional bites of his ramen when his future daddy came out of the bathroom. This type Taehyung caught his face. It was long and v-shaped with an equally long nose (although not as large as Taehyung's own nose) and Taehyung swore that this was proof that God created some people to show off. The daddy sat two tables behind Taehyung where two of his friends were already seated.

 

He pulled out his phone and sent a text to his best friend Jimin.

 

To: Idiot Jimin

I'm at this restaurant in Gwanju and the guy two tables behind him is such perfect daddy material. He's wearing a black vest and has a stuffed wallet.

 

Taehyung kept his phone on the table and continued eating. Three minutes later he decided to send another text to Jimin,

 

To: Idiot Jimin

 

Would it be creepy if I took a picture?

 

Jimin finally responded.


From: Idiot Jimin

 

Lol, stuffed wallet how do you know? Haha no, its better than staring for ever

 

Taehyung snapped a picture of the patbingsu that had arrived and sent it to Jimin,

 

To: Idiot Jimin

Getting fat. The picture came with the caption 'All for me'

 

From: Idiot Jimin

 

Of course, you could eat that much.

 

To: Idiot Jimin

 

I can't take the picture too many people are staring at me already.

 

That was true, Taehyung had this unfailing habit of attracting attention everywhere he went. Taehyung didn't understand why. At the beach, did no one else roll up their shorts and pick up seaweed and talk to it? Did no one else decided to stand on top of the toilet at school? Did no one else like entering restaurants by spinning around?

 

Taehyung glanced back behind him at the table where his future daddy sat. His future daddy looked at Taehyung straight in the eye and was smiling. Taehyung immediately turned back and hyperventilated quietly. He couldn't stop the smile forming on his lips. The guy had such a contagious smile and just three seconds of eye contact made Taehyung feel so safe. Imagine what dating him would do.

 

To: Idiot Jimin

 

I made eye contact with him and now I can't breathe.

 

From: Idiot Jimin

Lol, did you die a little inside

 

To: Idiot Jimin

 

Yes like it's so bad. Even from just eye contact he was already so daddy. Like his smile and his eye contact already made me feel so safe.

 

Taehyung pretended to stand up and stretch and took the opportunity to take a picture of his daddy, Unfortunately, Taehyung's waiter was coming by to drop off the check and Taehyung had quickly take it, resulting in the picture being slightly blurry. His waiter gave him a strange look and Taehyung sat back down to look at the total amount.

 

He sent the picture to Jimin,

 

To: Idiot Jimin

 

I GOT CAUGHT TAKING THE PIC BY MY WAITER. HE'S THE ONE ON THE LEFT SITTING ALONE.

 

From: Idiot Jimin

What would you do if he walked over and was like “im your daddy now”

 

To:Idiot Jimin


I would cry and say yes daddy

 

From: Idiot Jimin

 

The one on the left seems cute. The light coming in from the window makes him look like Gwanju Jesus

 

To:Idiot Jimin

 

THAT'S DADDY

 

Taehyung pulled out his wallet and began to count the bills out.

 

From: Idiot Jimin

 

Might be able to skip university all together and marry rich

 

Taehyung stared at Jimin's text message before placing his phone back into the pocket of his jeans. He paid the bill and walked outside of the restaurant. He was walking down the street to where all the taxis were located when he heard a voice shout out hey.

 

He stopped and there his future daddy walking towards him.

 

“Hey, I saw you in the restaurant. My name's Hoseok.” He offered his hand. Taehyung was quickly developing a thing for Jeolla-do dialect.

 

“My name's Taehyung.” Taehyung made sure to let the Daegu in each of his words be known.

 

“I was about to walk over to the soju bar, want to come with?”

 

Taehyung knew that he should be taking the taxi back to his hotel and get a good night sleep before taking the three and a half hour bus ride back to Busan but if destiny had put your soul-mate right in front of you, going home would be the last thing on your mind.

 

Taehyung didn't spend that night in his hotel but instead in a love hotel with Hoseok. Taehyung did take the bus ride back home to Busan and went to his first day of classes at university but told his parents with a heavy heart that Chonnam National University was a much better match. He left out the part where in Gwanju there was Hoseok, who didn't mind being called daddy in bed at all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you mean if you replace Korean restaurant with Asian Fusion and hot guy from Gwanju with hot guy from Taiwan and Jimin with the name of my best friend and the gender of a few of the characters and ramen with fried tofu with apple curry you get an event that happened in real life to me? What do you mean that this is almost the exact same text messages and scenariario of how I met my boyfriend?

What? Are you crazy? That's a crazy idea!

<3 Smooches <3