Trip Pt 1

Listen To My Heart...Not My Voice...

The next day, I texted Jungkook to see if he’s fine with Kid going to school. And he replied with a frowny face.

‘Want me to help?’ I sent the message.

‘If you don’t mind’

‘Ok, will be there a minute’

I pushed my phone into my skirt pocket and rushed out.

“Breakfast, Winwin!” Omma shouted from the dining room.

“In hurry!”

I ran toward Jungkook’s house and was greeted by his mother.

“Oh, good morning, Winwin. What bring you here so early?” She greeted me with a smile.

“Er…I come here to help Jungkook with Kid. Can…can I go to his room?” I hesitated.

“Why not? Go ahead”

“Thank you, Auntie” I bowed and then ran up to their room. I panted hard in front of the door before turning the door knob.

“Hey…” I said scanning the room for the boys. Suddenly I almost burst out at the scene. Kid and Jungkook had a staring contest again. Kid was still in his pajamas and Jungkook was nearly done with his uniform except his loosen tie (at this point I meant he looked very hot) and jacket.

“Good morning” I said walking toward Kid. He still keeping his stare at his hyung with his teary eyes while Jungkook stubbornly stared back. Aish! These Boys!

“I wonder if you have seen someone you like at school yesterday, Kid?” I said sitting beside him and wiped his tears.

“Whatever I don’t want to go to school” He said crossing his arms over his chest. I turned to look at Jungkook. He sighed getting up and grabbed his jacket before went out of the room.

“See? Hyung is mad at Kid now” I said.

“Wae?” He asked whining. I smiled at the cuteness.

“Because Hyung wants you to go to school. Hyung doesn’t want you to be alone in the house…”

“Why?” He started to interest.

“Do you know that Jungkook used to be like you?”

“Jinjja?”

“Nae! When he was young, he was afraid to go to school like you so that he knows the feeling. And he knows that if you don’t go to school now, you won’t have a lot of friends to play with later” I tried my best to persuade him. And I think, it was working. Kid was a clever kid who liked to listen to the reason.

“Then…what happen to hyung? He didn’t have anyone to play with?”

“Yep”

“Aw…”

“So you should go to school and make many friends” I said and he nodded. Yayyyy!

“So can you help me to dress, Noona?”

“Of course” I smiled and took him in my arms. Well, it’s not too hard though. Jungkook had a big problem because he couldn’t speak and Auntie, she just couldn’t stand her little’s son’s tears.

After dressing up, we walked down the stair hand in hand.

“Hyung!!! Let’s go to school” Kid shouted loudly running toward Jungkook who having his breakfast. Jungkook turned to smile at Kid and picked him up to put on the chair. I smiled as Auntie nodded with a smile at me.

“I’m going to make a lot of friends at school” Kid said cutely chewing on his pancake.

“Winwin-ah, come and have breakfast with us” Auntie pulled my hand to sit beside Jungkook. I nodded blushing.

 

As time passed by fast, finally the years ended that meant we were going to graduate and we would go to college soon. Aww, so exciting. As usual I would stick myself to Jungkook and he seemed not to care to push me away anymore. Maybe because he’s so tired to do so. On the other hand, MinAh still kept appeared around me but she didn’t do anything nor bully me and Jungkook. That’s my relief. But the weird thing, she turned to fight with my brother every time they met. At the meantime, we were preparing for a year-end trip which we would travel to a flower farm on a mountain at the countryside the next day.

“I’m so excited!!!” I squealed jumping in the living room. My oppa gave me a weird gaze before turning his head back to his phone.

“Who are you texting?” I asked sitting down beside him while looking at the screen.

“None of your business” He said pushing my forehead with his finger.

“Aish, just asking” I pushed his hand away and got up.

“Tell mom, I’m going to Jungkook’s house” I said walking toward the door which connected to Jungkook’s house. Our families made that door since we were young.

“Hyung, give me! Give me!” As I stepped into the garden I heard Kid’s cute voice. I smiled following the voice.

“Come on, hyung. Ahhhhhhh I win!!!” Kid shouted happily jumping around. Rapmon and Taehyung oppa were on the grass panting while Jungkook and Jimin oppa smiling beside each other. As much as you knew Yoongi oppa was sleeping on the swing.

“Noona!!!” Kid squealed upon seeing me. I opened my arms and he ran into my embrace.

“What are you playing?” I asked patting his head.

“We’re playing soccer and you know what, my team win two arounds already. Yayyyy!!”  He told excitedly.

“Wah!!! Your group is awesome” I showed him my thumb.

“I know that”

 

It’s the day!!! I quickly ran down with my backpack. I can’t wait to see those flower field though.

“Hey, hey slow down or you’re going to kiss the floor” Hope oppa yelled. Omma and Appa shook their head.

“It’s so exciting!!” I squealed.

“I know. Just take care” Omma said.

“I will. I have to go. Bye Omma. Come on, Oppa!” I rushed to pull my brother’s hand as he kept whining.

I, Oppa and Jungkook arrived school and we searched for our classmates and friends. We had a backpack and one suitcase each. The things was enough just for two days and two nights.

“Hey, Winnie!” Namjoon Oppa greeted putting his arm around my shoulders.

“Someone exciting” V oppa teased. I smiled making v sign at him.

“You guys have everything?” Jin oppa asked. In fact, Jin and Yoongi oppa graduated already but they wanted to go along. While Namjoon and Hope oppa who at their last year of college, wished to join our trip also.

“Winnie, Jin, J-hope, V, Suga, Jungkook, Rapmon and…” Namjoon oppa counted.

“And where is Jimin?” Namjoon oppa asked looking around.

“Right, where is he? Late again?” I said.

“JUNGKOOKIE!!!” Talked about that oppa, he threw himself to Jungkook and hugged him tight with his right leg on Jungkook’s waist. I laughed seeing Jungkook’s face. As you know, Jungkook was Jimin’s favorite dongsaeng and Jungkook always acted cold back. Jungkook then pushed Jimin away that made Jimin oppa pouted.

“Enough, now get on the bus. We’re in the second bus” Jin oppa said and I happily skipped toward the bus.

“Jungkookie, sit with me” Jimin oppa sang. I snapped my head back and found Jimin clung on Jungkook’s arms.  

“Jung Hyewin?” Someone called my name before I could get on the bus.

“And Jeon Jungkook?” I and Jungkook turned to the voice and found our class monitor.

“Teacher said you two have to get on the third bus with us” He said.

“Really? Mm…but can I go with my brothers?”

“I’m afraid not because the seats are arranged already”

“Fine. Jungkook, let’s go” I said taking my suit case from Jin oppa’s hand. Jungkook then followed me. As long as I can be with Jungkook.

“Take care” V oppa said ruffling my hair.

“Wait…I’ll go with Jungkook too” Kim MinAh ran from nowhere.

“You! Go with me!” Hope Oppa suddenly pulled MinAh’s hand.

“No! Let me go, Jerk! Aish!!!!” She tried to struggle but no use.

 

“Alright! When everybody is here, I’m going to call the pair. In this bus, we combine two classes, so I hope you understand and get along well. Now, the students who hear your name will step up to get your number seat with your partner” Teacher announced. What? Pair up? What are we? Primary kids? Hmm, I sensed bad feeling already.

And then teacher called out pair by pair until my name was up.

“Jung Hyewin and…” I raised my head up and stepped to the front.

“Kim Dahyun” What? With him? OMG, I better not. He’s such a player.

“But…teacher…” I started to protest but the teacher made a sign to stop me. Aish! I looked back to Jungkook. He was staring at me with his worried eyes.

“Hi, beauty” Dahyun greeted. I turned away walking to the bus. This is bad!

 

On the bus, that Dahyun guy kept talking to me sweetly but I just ignored.

“Jungkook” I said sitting my knees on the chair to see Jungkook who happened to take place behind me. His partner was from other class. I admitted she was beautiful.

Jungkook looked up to me with his steady eyes.

“I don’t want to sit here” I said lowly. That girl looked at me with her unreadable eyes. I didn’t know why but I felt uneasy with her eyes already. It was unfriendly feeling.

Jungkook typed in his phone and showed it to me.

‘Just be careful with that guy’ I read and pouted.

“There’s no other way?” I asked. He shook his head. I sighed sitting down.

“What with that face?” Dahyun asked. I shook my head turning away and plugged the earphone in my ears.

 

Jungkook’s part

Chio Nayoung, Jungkook’s partner, she kept glancing at Jungkook who stared at the window. She had heard a lots about him being a mute. But she never had a chance to cross his road. And now being so close, she started to know why Kim MinAh was so crazy over him. And there’s Hyewin girl, who always stick herself to him.

“Hey…” She said lowly. He turned to her with blank eyes.

“Er…I’m Nayoung, Choi Nayoung” She said smiling. Jungkook took his phone out and wrote his name to show her.

“Jeon Jungkook…Mm I guess, you can hear, right?” She asked and he nodded still in his poker face.

“Nice to meet you” She reached out her hand and he took it.

“I wonder if you have some books with you” She asked. Jungkook grabbed his backpack and took out a book.

“Aw thanks. At least I have this when you cannot speak” She said happily. He sighed turning his head to the window. Nayoung secretly smiled.

 

Hyewin’s POV

“Take off your hand from my leg!” I hissed at that guy as he tried to put his hand on my lap. Aish! ert!

A moment later I felt his head on my shoulder.

“Aish! Go away!” I said pushing his head off my shoulder.

“Yah!!!” I yelled at him as he pulled my head to his chest.

“Told you, you can sleep here”

“Shiro!!!”

“Aish! Let me go!” I yelled again when he tried hold my hand.

“Stop bothering me!” Jungkook, help me!

“Fine” He said.

“Jung…kook…” I sighed and sitting up on my knees again to see Jungkook. My eyes widened at the sight. The girl’s head was on Jungkook’s shoulder while Jungkook was asleep. I blinked looking at them. I was about to yell at her but I stopped myself and sat down quietly.

“What now? That Jungkook guy is flirting with Choi Nayoung? I told you, cold guy always end up losing to beautiful girl” He said. I bit my lips. I heard their conversation. She was so angelic to him compared to me.

“Leave me alone” I said with teary eyes. I lowered my head down feeling want to cry. I didn’t want to give him up although I hurt myself every time hoping one day he would look at me. But day by day, I felt we’re getting farer even if I tried to be close to him.

Or…I have to give up…or I just keep holding on?

I sighed raising my head to look at them again.

I stared at Jungkook’s sleeping face and then moved down finding the girl’s hand was on his hand.

It’s hurt, indeed…

I felt I couldn’t breathe properly…

My heart clenched at the sight…

Suddenly tears rolled on my cheeks and I quickly turned to the window.