Devil or Angel

Listen To My Heart...Not My Voice...

In the evening, my family went to Jungkook’s house because my mom suggested to have dinner together. I knew her purpose and I was really nervous but I could feel that Jungkook was nervous than me so far. Just like he told me, his father was very strict back then but after Jungkook became a mute, oh no, a fake mute, he turned to me caring and less strict. I was happy with that too. Was that called a lesson?

During the dinner, Omma and Jungkook’s Omma kept teasing him and me nonstop. I blushed hard as Jungkook wiggled his eyebrow at me. Hope oppa just gave me a disgusted look and I kicked his sin.  

And finally we gathered in the living room.

“Are you ready, Jungkook?” Omma asked smiling. Jungkook sighed nodding. I bit my lips as Hope Oppa nudged my shoulder. He didn’t know anything about it though.

“Shh” I signed him to be quiet. His parents looked at him curiously.

“What is this about? It’s like you’re having hard time, Kookie.” Auntie said.

“Are you doing something wrong, Jungkook?” Uncle asked. Kid was there on Jungkook’s laps looking at us innocently.

“Hey, don’t tell me you’re going to say sorry because you got Hyewin…” Auntie said pointing to me. I widened my eyes shaking my hands at her.

“Pregnant?” She finished her sentence and we gasped. I blushed hard with my wide eyes.

“Aw, No, no, no, Auntie. I’m not. We didn’t do anything…” I protested with my red cheeks.

“Aw, I was happy though.” She said disappointedly and I widened my eyes again.

“Whatever, wait after you married, Kids.” Jungkook’s appa said coldly.

“Ye…yes…” I said lowering my head down.

“Then go to the point.” Appa said and I let out a big sigh.

Jungkook then stood up and pushed Kid to me. He bowed to his parents and did a formal bow to them. They was surprised didn’t know what to respond. My family just watched quietly.

Jungkook sat up still kneeling down in front of them. He let out a big sigh before opening his mouth to speak.

“Appa, Omma, I’m sorry.” He said and Auntie and Uncle widened their eyes in surprises.

“Jung…Jungkook…you…you speak…” Uncle said unbelievably what he was hearing.

“You just…speak, Kookie…” Auntie said with her trembling lips. They didn’t know what to do. They must be very shock and happy at the same time.   

“Yah, Maknae you can speak!” Oppa yelled out.

“I’m going to tell everyone.” He said taking out his phone and ran out of the living room. I then turned to Jungkook who still had his head down. Auntie cried kneeling down to him and hugged her son tight.

“I…I don’t know what to say. Thank you. Thanks God.” She said sobbing. My tears rolled down hugging Kid in my arms.

“Noona, why Omma cries?” Kid asked innocently. He pushed my arms away and then walked toward Auntie.

“Omma, don’t cry. Jungkook, don’t cry.” He said cutely and hugged Anutie from the back. I sobbed clinging Omma’s arm. Appa just patted my head. Jungkook’s Appa sat there quietly. I couldn’t read if he was angry or not.

“For years…you didn’t speak. I thought, you really cannot and I always blame myself for being so harsh to you…I’m sorry for that…” He finally let out his thought. Auntie got up to sit beside her husband.

“Yeobo” She tried to comfort him. His hands were trembling.

“I know it’s my fault and I know the reason why you chose to do it…I’m sorry…” He said and started to cry. Jungkook wiped his tears.

“I’m so sorry, Appa…” Jungkook couldn’t continue since he was sobbing hard.

“Whatever, we are happy that you can speak. We always forgive you for the lying.” Auntie said smiling still with her teary eyes.

“And thanks, Hyewin.” She said smiling at me.

“You’re welcome, Auntie. I didn’t do anything though.”

“But…” Jungkook’s Appa said and we became quiet.

“Explain everything after this.”

“Yes, Appa.” Jungkook smiled and we did the same.

“Jungkookie!!!!!!”

“You lair!!!!”

“Little rascal!!!!” Those voice belong to Oppas. They must be very excited to hear Jungkook’s voice.

Jimin and V oppas were the first to come in and they attacked Jungkook with their hugs.

“You can speak, dude”

“I wonder how you can do that for years.”

“Exactly”

“Come on! Say something. We want to hear your voice!!!” They threw their thought at once and the house was noisy. Oppas looked at Jungkook waiting for him to say something.

“Hm?” Jungkook acted as he couldn’t speak and they frowned.

“Yah!”

“Hashas Kidding.” Jungkook said out and they all let out a relief sigh.

“You little!!!!”

 

After the mess everyone got back home, my family left Jungkook’s house, and let Jungkook explained everything to his parents.

That night I didn’t text Jungkook and he didn’t bother to text me either. That’s so him though. But it’s strange for me. It’s still awkward hearing his voice yet I loved it, soft and angelic.

Morning

It’s good we didn’t have to go to school because of the summer break. I woke up late and it was 10. Omma didn’t wake me up because she knew I needed to rest more since my head still not recovered.

“Hyewin-ssi, are you awake already?” Auntie Nam asked knocking on the door.

“Nae” I replied sitting up.

“Jungkook-ssi is waiting for you.”

“Jinjja?”

“Nae, he’s been waiting almost an hour now.”

“Ok, I’m coming.” I said rushing toward the door. Running down the stair, I almost fell but I managed to balance well.

“Jungkook?” I stated his name seeing him in the living room alone. He looked up from his phone and smiled.

“Morning” He said and I felt weird.

“Hah, good morning.” I waved walking slowly toward him. He smirked looking at me.

“Stop smirking, Jungkook. That not suit you.”  I said sitting down.

“Anyway, why are you here so early?” I asked rubbing my eyes.

“It’s almost 11 and you call it early?” He asked and I found it’s strange because it’s like he was trying to annoy me or something. Something change about him. I meant, he normally didn’t talk that much.

“Well…I think, I’m going to take a bath and we can talk.” I straitened my back and stood up.

“I have been waiting for an hour, why can’t I wait more?” Again, with his teasing tone.

“Seriously, Jungkook, something change about you…” I said walking toward him. He raised his eyebrow.

“Are you really Jeon Jungkook?” I asked reaching my hand to touch his face.

“What’s wrong with you huh?” I asked turning his face side to side.

“I am Jungkook and nothing wrong with me.” He said pushing my hands away.

“Yah!”

“Whatever…”

“Don’t whatever me. This is not you, Jungkook.”

“Are you crazy, Jung Hyewin? Go to take shower. We’re going out.”

“But…”

“Or do I need to help you to shower?”

“Yah! No!” I yelled and ran to my room while he was chuckling. Closing the door, I put my hand on my chest. That’s not Jungkook. That’s definitely not! What happen to the old him? And where did the gentle and calm Jungkook go? Ahhhhh!!!!

I shut it off and hurried to take shower. After finishing everything I went down to see Jungkook still with his phone in front of his eyes.

“Take you long enough.” He said standing up. I watched him every steps while scanning my eyes up and down. He was still handsome with that black-white check shirt and black jeans but his personality really surprise me. What to do?

“Stop looking at me like I’m a ghost or something like that.”

“But you really change…”

“Let’s talk about it later. Let’s go.” He said taking my hand and we left the house.

In the park

We were walking like we always did but I just felt shock and startled now and then. Any people there since it’s work day and it was still early to come out for walking. So we were all alone.

“Seriously, Winwin, you’re acting so weird.” He stopped walking and turned to me.

“You’re the one who acting so strange. I told you, this is not you.” I said and he chuckled.

“You have changed…” I said shaking my head at him.

“…”

“Just one day, just one night, I don’t think you have change this much. Your personality, you smile, your word…they’re not the same, they’re not what I used to see. They’re not what I used to feel. They all changed…” I said lowering my head down.   

“Winwin…”

“And my name also, I never hear it from your mouth for a long time and it just felt strange to me…I don’t know why. I’m sorry…” I mumbled with my head down.

“Winwin…” This time he softly said my name. I raised my head up to meet his eyes. And I softened seeing his soft eyes. They were back, the eyes which I loved were back. Not those annoying eyes earlier.

“Thanks, Winwin.” He said and I raised my eyebrow.

“For what?”

“Thanks for everything.” He said pulling me into his arms and I was shock didn’t know what to do. In my head, there’s only ‘why? Why? And why?’

“You’re weird, Jungkook.”

“I’m just glad you love who I am, not what I act as I am.” He mumbled still hugging me.

“You’re driving me crazy, Jungkook.”

“Love you, Winwin.” He whispered and I smiled.

“Love you too, Kookie.”

“But from now on, you should learn how to deal with my personalities since I’ll use both of them with you.” He pushed me out of his arms and held my shoulders staring into my eyes.

“What?”

“Devil or angel?”

“What about angel?” I asked innocently. I really had no clue what he was talking about.

“This” He said and pecked my cheek. I widened my eyes.

“Hey…”

“You asked for it, silly.”

“And Devil?”

“Here” He said and dropped his lips to mine. With my eyes wide, I didn’t know what to do as he kept kissing me like that. Slowly his hands went around my waist pulling me closer to him and he deepened the kiss. Well, I enjoy the kiss but I liked his angel side than devil though. Yet, his devil side was so cool and hot. Aish! I should have known that sides of him from the first place.

‘Devil or Angel?’