25 Minutes Too Late

25 Minutes Too Late

Chapter 8

 

Yuri tapped her fingers impatiently. It was a hot day & here she was, still waiting for her chocolate ice cream & sitting at her table. She looked around & saw at least fifty people filling up the ice cream shop but she’s so relieved that she still could enjoy this place, especially after what she had been through with Yunho. She would never forget the important moment that she had with Yunho a couple of months ago when she had failed to stop his wedding.

 

*Flashback*

 

Yuri walked around & touched the seats with her fingertips. St. Mary was an old church with beautiful ornament on its building. A perfect place to hold a romantic wedding ceremony. She tried to imagine the moment that had just happened twenty-five minutes ago. Yunho would be waiting at the altar while his bride was walking along the aisle. His bride. She would give anything in her power to take her place right now. Then Yunho would reach out for her hand & together, they would wait for the priest to read the husband & wife promises. Yuri felt her eyes getting hot as if she could see Yunho, her Yunho, saying ‘I do’. Then he would look at his bride & wait for her to say, ‘I do’, too.

 

“I do. I do want to marry you but I guess it’s too late now.” A tear rolled down her cheek. She bit her bottom lips as she felt something cutting her heart up & leaving a deep wound behind. Feeling her long, flawless legs weakened, she sat on the front seat & covered her face with her hands while her tears coursed down & wetted them. She sobbed for a couple of minutes until she finally realized that the priest was still there, watching her with sympathy.

 

He placed his hand on her shoulder & spoke softly, “I’m here if you need to talk.”

 

Yuri lifted her tear-stained face up, only to find out that she wasn’t alone in that room. Wiping the tears that seemed to refuses to stop, she forced herself to smile, “Father, is it true that everyone has a soulmate in this big world?”

 

When the priest nodded, she continued softly, “But why was mine taken away by somebody else?”

 

The priest answered wisely but shortly, “Time would answer, my child. Even when you think that someone had taken him away from you, if he’s yours, he will come back.”

 

“If you need to talk some more, you can find me in the back office.” The priest tapped her shoulder once again, & decided to leave her alone.

 

“Thanks.” Yuri mumbled, & thought about the priest’s words, “If he’s mine, he will come back. If he doesn’t...what about if he doesn’t?”

 

Sighing, she wiped the tears for the second time, “All I know right now is that I love him so much but I was too late to realize it until I loses him.”

 

Her short-tempered emotion roses its ugly head as she thought about her journey along the way to find Yunho, “Argh, I wished I had woken up early! I wished I had taken an early flight! I wished I hadn’t barged into a wrong church! I wished I hadn’t been trapped in the traffic jam &.” Running out of steam, she paused for a while before continuing with a weak voice.

 

“Most of all, I wished I didn’t turn him down before. Okay tears, welcome back. Come on, roll down again.” She was alone right now. What more perfect time to let her emotion out than now?

 

She stepped out from the seat & stood at the altar. Putting her hands closed together, she closed her eyes & whispered sincerely, “God, sometimes I’m never grateful for everything you have given to me but now, I want to thank you for sending Yunho Oppa into my life. Thank you for making me realize that someone, at least once, had come into my life & given me so much happiness. I know it’s too late to stop his wedding but god, at least let him know that I love him & would always wish him happiness.”

 

She stopped as she felt something cold touched her neck. Ghost was the first thing that came into her mind but hey, this is a church. Ghost couldn’t step into a church, could it?


“Ice cream?”

 

A left arm that carried a cup of chocolate ice cream circled her slim waist. Yuri turned around & looked at the person beside her with bulging eyes.


“You? What are you doing here?”


“Ice cream?” Yunho handed hrt the ice cream again, with an even dumber expression.

 

Watching him there, standing with her favorite ice cream in his hands made Yuri wanted to throw herself into his arms but the thought that he had just married another girl boiled her blood.

 

“Ice cream? After you torture my heart & feet, you could still think about ice cream? Happy to see me so miserable? How dare you marry somebody else? Take this.” Yuri stood up straight & started to attacked Yunho. She showed him all the things that she had learned in karate class so far.

 

“Is this what you get from the class beside bruises & some blue marks on your body? Who taught you? Ninja turtles? Wow, you must be taking class either for children or grannies.” Yunho grinned as he tried to stop Yuri who was attacking his chest with her tiny punch.

 

Finally, Yuri stopped as she saw that Yunho was enjoying it more than feeling any pain.


“Hmmm. Could you do that to my back? The ceremony had made my muscle stiff. You have no idea how tired I felt, standing there for a couple of hours.” Yunho turned his body & pointed to his back.


“Are you happy, Oppa?” Yuri whispered.

 

Yunho turned to faced Yuri & smiled, “Yes, I’m very happy right now.”


“Well, have a happy marriage life then.” Yuri could feel the tears decorating her face again, & she was too tired to run but she couldn’t face Yunho right now. She wished Yunho happiness but to find out that he was happy without her would kill her. She walked away & started to run again, before her exhaustion finally forced her to fall down on the floor.

 

*End of Flashback*

 

“Why you are smiling?” Yunho sat down, next to Yuri & handed her her order.


“Mmm. Nothing. Just thinking about my special moment with you.”

 

“Which one?” Asked Yunho curiously.

 

“Every moment I have with you are special but the most precious one was when you said that it was your cousin’s wedding, not yours. Liar.” Yuri pouted.

 

Yunho chuckled, “That’s totally Jinwoon’s idea. He was the one who sent you the fake invitation. Well, you always said that you are smart but not smart enough to figure out that I won’t be marrying anybody else but you. Although, to be honest, I’m glad that you are too late to stop my cousin’s wedding. Otherwise, I would have to face my whole family’s wrath.”

 

“I’m glad that you came back to find me. Otherwise, I would have to crawl back to my place since I couldn’t walk. My feet suddenly cramped after running all the way to the church.”

 

“Actually, I have already given up hope & decided to go away right after the wedding. I didn’t come back for you. I left my house key there & imagine my surprises finding you there & crying for me, no less.” He .

 

Yuri punched his arm playfully, “I was crying because my feet was killing me.”

 

“Sure, you couldn’t walk & forced me to carry you on my back.” Yunho mussed her hair with his palm, “Hmmm, Oppa, thanks for giving me a second chance.” Yuri reached out for his arm and gave him a light peck on the cheek.


“There’s no reason for a thank you as I love you too much. We would take it slowly this time okay?” Yunho lifted her chin up & caressed her cheeks softly.


“Oppa.” Yuri looked up at the face that she loved so much & squeezed the ring in her pocket for strength, “Yes?”


“Will you marry me?”


One deep, passionate kiss from Yunho closed the conversation & also answered the question. Perfectly.

 

A/N: so, what did you guys think of the ending? did it make up for my yunri fanfic 'What Might Have Been'? hehehe, i will just wait & see to read your guys comment ;)

& thank you to you all for your WONDERFUL time reading my stories ^^

i know i finish writing my jaeri fanfic & since this one is done, which couple should i write about? yunri? or jaeri? like before, most comment wins so GOOD LUCK COMMENTING!!! <3