25 Minutes Too Late

25 Minutes Too Late

Chapter 1

 

"Here we are, miss." The taxi driver pulled over in front of a church.

 

"Are you sure this is the place?" Asked Yuri doubtfully. She took off her sunglasses, finally giving the old man a glimpse of a pair of beautiful brown, almond-shaped eyes. It’s beautiful indeed but right then, they were filled with sorrow, gloom & panic.

 

"Positive. Since I was a little boy, this is the one & only St. Mary of The Angels Church." He assured her.

 

Yuri nodded & stepped out from the taxi, mumbling her thanks.

 

"Good luck, miss." That nice old man smiled & waved his hand before he left.

 

Yuri smiled, "Is it that obvious that I need luck today?" She sighed & started to walk. Reddish leaves swirled around her feet & a light breeze blew her clothes & shoulder-length, black hair, creating such a pretty picture of a beautiful lady in autumn but she took no notice. All of her attention was centered on the grand building before her. Her steps faltered when she reached the church parking lot. There were lines & lines of luxurious cars parked over there. One of them was decorated with ‘Just Married’ attached on it, complete with all the decorations. Firming her glossy peach color plump lips, Yuri took a quick glance at her michael kors channing rose gold-tone stainless steel bracelet watch & fastened her steps. She had come so far & she wouldn’t stop now.

 

"You can make it, Yuri. This is your last chance. Either you go right on or you will lose him forever." Yuri mumbled, & after taking the much-needed deep breath, she entered the church & slipped on the last row. The ceremony had begun for quite some time.

 

Yuri couldn’t see too clearly since the distance from her seat to the altar was too far & in her hurry, she didn’t have a mind to wear her contact or bring her glasses. She could see the blur image of the groom & bride from her seat. Her heart was beating faster & her knee was trembling. She was so sure about what she needed to do even eight minutes before but how come in such a critical moment, she started to lose her nerve? Where’s the gutsy Yuri? Why in her place was only a trembling girl, so afraid even to breathe?

 

She was practicing her yoga breathing in a desperate effort to compose herself when she heard the faint voice of the priest reached the part she was dreaded most. She knew that she must act now before all would be ruined & she would lose Yunho forever. There was total silence when the priest turned to the groom.

 

“Do you take Sora Kang as your lawfully wedded wife & will love her.”

 

Yuri could feel her heart thumping wildly in her chest. Cold sweats started to pop onto her tanned skin. Her knees went weak & her hands went damp. was clogged, making it impossible for her to utter a word, even though she wanted to scream to the priest to stop the wedding.

 

"If there is any reason why these two people shouldn’t be joined in holy matrimony, speak now or forever hold your peace.”

 

Yuri tried her best to shout but only a whimper came out from her lips. Hearing only silence, the priest continued, “Then by the power vested in me, I now pronounce you…”

 

Desperation finally chased her weakness away. Yuri stood up & yelled from her seat, "Stop! You can’t continue this ceremony!"

 

Yuri could feel her cheeks burning up as all the people inside the church turned to look at her. Mumbling voice buzzing around the room. Yuri knew it was too late for her to back off. She took a step closer to the altar but the church was too big. It looked so far from where she stood. Out of nowhere, two big guys in black suits grabbed her arms & stopped her.

 

"Let me go. Wait, you can’t marry her." Yuri struggled & tried to keep walking but they were too strong for her.

 

"I love you. Maybe you thought that I have never meant it but I do love you. I have never realized it until now. You don’t really love her, do you?" Tears, something that she had never let graces her oval-shaped face, started to pour down her cheek. From a distance, she could see Yunho just standing still & didn’t do anything. People were looking back at her & him, waiting for an explanation but he just stood there, not caring about her at all. All he cared about was the woman in his arms. He held his bride, who seemed like she was going to leave the altar, tightly & tried to explain something to her.

 

"I don’t know her!" The shouted words were like a bomb in Yuri’s ear. She couldn’t believe that Yunho could say such words. Her angelic face turned red in anger.

 

"I know you are angry with me but how could you say that you don’t know me?! Should I tell all the people in here the romantic moment we had together?!" She shouted, & used all of her power to escape from the bodyguards. It hadn’t worked before & it didn’t work now so she could only stop her effort. Yunho whispered something to the bride who seemed to start crying in earnest. He released her & strode purposely to Yuri. He was getting closer & closer & closer. Close enough that Yuri could see his face clearly.

 

"I don’t know who you are. Who send you here & what do you want?" He gritted his teeth & clenched his hands up into a fists. From his irritated voice, Yuri knew that she had done a big mistake. She cleared & wiped her tears away with her free hand.

 

"Ehm...I don’t know who you are either. Anyway, isn’t this St. Mary of The Angel Church? No? Well, don’t blame me if I ruin your wedding. The taxi driver sent me here. I’m just trying to find my friend...ehm, maybe you know him." Yuri showed her best innocent look. The poor groom growled & gave a code. A second later, the bodyguards dragged her out from the church & closed the door in her face. She looked up & saw the church name, St. John Cantius Parish Church.

 

"I’m sorry!" Yuri shouted, from behind the closed door & only heard the click as the reply. She sighed & stepped back from the door. Remembering her mission, she desperately looked at her watch to calculate the time that she had lost. Her spirit rose again, for she knew that she must beat the time to find her true love.


"Yunho Oppa, I’m going to find you. Wait for me, please?" Yuri ran towards the street & stopped a taxi. Her intent hadn’t changed yet. To find St. Mary of The Angel Church & stop Yunho’s wedding. She’s not going to lose her soul mate the second time around.