My Little Janey

↻┊ stop & play - seventeen oneshot collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

title : my little janey
pairing : choi hansol & jane 'jimin' jung
genre : friendship; light humor; fluffy goodness
originally published : december fourteen, twenty-thirteen
originally completed : december thirteen, twenty-thirteen
​short summary : jane and jackie go on an adventure to the land of hot asian men to meet their oppas.

“Jackie, where the heck are you?” Jane adjusted her glasses that were sliding off her nose, “I swear to Hong Jesus that if you don't get here in one minute, I'm going to Korea without you!”

With the wheels of her royal purple bag humming against the newly polished floors of the California airport, she frantically rushed around the waiting area, looking for another Asian girl around 5'5”. Of course, as this was California, the downscaled version of Asia, it was as easy as trying to find a needle in a haystack. Many people's eyebrows raised at Jane's abnormal choice of clothing – a thick purple jacket on top of a pink sweater and white scarf, black leggings, and black leather boots. With her color choices, she resembled a walking, and talking Twinkle Sparkle. Of course, Jane knew that she was a head-turner, as she was sweating the Han River in her multiple layers of clothing.

Because heir parents had surprisingly allowed them to go alone to Korea for their winter break, Jane and Jackie agreed to meet up at the connecting flight to Korea so they could go together. But Christmas wasn't the only reason why these two Internet friends were excited to be traveling to the land of hot Asian men – they had their own special oppas waiting for them at the arrival gate. The final call for the passengers on the flight for Seoul echoed through the speakers, causing Jane's heart to race. She didn't want to leave Jackie! Taking one more good look around, Jane swiveled on her heel and made a dash for the gate, only to run face-first into the person standing behind her.

“Hey dude, you do you mind --- Jackie!” Jane exclaimed once she snatched her glasses up from the floor and put them on, “Where on Earth have you been?”

“I was waiting for you! Now let's go or we'll both miss the flight!” Jackie helped Jane up to her feet, trying to hold back her laughter from erupting because of how bundled up Jane was. She was just wearing a blue sweater underneath a black North Face, jeans, and black Converse. That was enough right? Korea couldn't be that cold! Then again, this was coming from someone who had never seen snow.

Once Jane got herself together again, they both started walking towards the security guards who had just finished admitting a 'Joshua Hong' into the plane. By the picture Jane saw in his wallet before he slipped it back into his pocket, he probably had a girlfriend. But that name, Joshua Hong, it was oddly familiar. Had she heard it before? Stretching her head, Jane tried to get a better look at the older boy's face, but to no avail. Once Jackie and Jane got their tickets approved, they headed into the plane, excited in what was to come in the next few hours.

“Oh, Chan, Dongjin!” Hansol called out to his two schoolmates who were standing to the left of the incoming flights board, conversing, “What are you guys doing here?”

Earlier before they left school for their winter break, Hansol had asked Chan and Dongjin what they were going to be doing after school – you know, for some quality bro time. Thing is, he couldn't really go through with the plan since Chan said that he was going to be helping his mom at the restaurant, while Dongjin said that he had to babysit his little brother. But seeing that the two just happened to be at the airport, Hansol figured that none of that was true. Smiling, Chan did a little wave, and apologized for having lied earlier. Dongjin followed with his apology after Chan's.

“You see Hansol hyung,” Chan rubbed the back of his neck, trying to find the right words to say, “I'm waiting for my...uh...”

Chan didn't even need to finish his sentence to have Hansol grinning all over the place. The younger boy had often bragged about having a girlfriend from abroad, but no one ever believed him because well, who believes a story about an overseas lover without any proof? Then again, Hansol was also victim to this because he also had an overseas girlfriend who he was picking up today. But none of that explained why the heck Dongjin was there.

“Oh me?” Dongjin pointed to himself when the two older boys' eyes focused their attention to him, I've got a girl of my own waiting for me in that plane, and I'm planning on surprising her since I told her that I wasn't going to make it,”

Hansol shook his head at Dongjin's crazy antics, and scanned the incoming arrivals board once again – on time. Could time go by any slower? He had been waiting to see Jane in person again for about a year already. The last thing he needed was a slow plane teasing him more. Slipping his hands inside his pockets, he made sure that the box in his pocket was still there. His fingers traced the edges of the wrapping paper he had worked so hard on to make it look as streamlined as Jane did. She was the aster of all things wrapping, and he was scared that she would judge him because of messy gift wrapping. In the palm of his hand was the white ribbed ribbon he had secured around the box for a cuter charm. It was surely the perfect present for his perfect Jane.

“Hey Ash, it's me, Joshua!” was the first thing Jane heard when she pulled down her purple headphones down to her neck after three hours of wearing them, “Yeah, I'm almost there. I have like an hour left before landing. I'm so excited to see you again, I've missed you!”

Ah, so that's who Joshua Hong was! Ash's boyfriend! Trying to hold back a smile, Jane peered through the crack between the airplane seats to get a better look at how his face looked like. Her eyes grew to the size of New York pizza pies after she saw how beautiful he was with his slightly wavy hair, sharp features, and soft eyes. So this was the oh-so-famous 'Hong Jesus'. She swore she could almost feel herself drooling, if she hadn't been already doing so. Ash wasn't lying when she fangirled about her boyfriend to everyone on twitter. With the newfound information about Ash's boyfriend's whereabouts, she quickly typed into the New Tweet box, “I know something you don't know,” and clicked the blue box to publish her tweet. Sadly, her attention was reeled back into reality when Jackie snapped her fingers.

“So, you never told me how you met Hansol,” Jackie turned to Jackie with curiosity in her eyes. There was still at least an hour and a half before the plane landed. In the meantime, Jane and her had just been on Twitter with the rest of their twitter family, “I've already told you a million times how Chan and I happened, now it's your turn!”

Now Jackie's story goes a little something like this: Jackie had met Chan over the summer when Chan had gone to California for summer vacation. It started off as a typical summer fling, and in fact, when they first got to know each other, they believed it was only going to be a summer fling – oh but they were so wrong. As the summer days grew shorter and shorter, they found themselves falling for each other one day at a time. Eventually their feelings for each other grew so strong that the day Chan had to leave for Korea, he took Jackie's hands in his, and told her how much he liked her. And here they are, one year later, still a passionate commitment to their relationship even though they don't see each other as often as other couples do.

Jackie internally screamed as that day replayed her head, even giggling at the thought of how short Chan was at the time. She had always used to about his height, but he told her that the day they meet again, they would at least be the same height. He promised her that, and if he hadn't accomplished it yet, then he was going to have to do some serious growing in the next hour or so. Jackie caught the ends of pulling upwards when Jane looked away and covered the bottom half of her face, hiding the blush forming on her face.

“No, I don't want to say,” Jane closed the window she was playing iSketch on and sank into the depths of her chair, the scarf around her neck swallowing her head up, “It's really stupid, and you'll laugh!”

“Come on, Jane! I won't judge!” Jackie assured her friend, “Besides, it can't possibly as cheesy as mine,”

“Alright, but if you even giggle...I'll throw you out of the plane,”

“Hi Toby, I'm Jane from Boston, and I'm a really big fan of yours!” Jane waved to one of her most favorite Youtubers of all time, “Do you mind if I take a selfie with you?”

Today was the Yout

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter