Rice and kimchi with vegetables

Here I am (Long Hiatus)

 

After Math, they headed for the gym where they had PE. There, Kyuyeon got changed, and when she came out she bumped into someone and fell over. She got up and apologized immediately. She looked at the person straight in the eyes, Na Yoo Mi.

"Ya! Are you crazy?! Blind?! Watch your step next time!" shouted Yoo Mi. Kyuyeon nodded and Yoo Mi stomped into the changing rooms angrily. After Yoo Mi had come out, everyone was assigned to a team to play Volleyball.

"Song Kyuyeon! Team 2!" said their coach. Kyuyeon immediately ran over to the right side of the court.

"Na Yoo Mi! Team 1!" said the coach. Yoo Mi walked over to the left court and smirked. Kyuyeon beamed at her then glared.

'No way is she going to beat me at Volleyball,' 'thought Kyuyeon.

"New kid, Kim Dongjun! Team 2!" said the coach. Dongjun ran over to Kyuyeon and high-fived her. Yoo Mi glared at the sight of them being happy. Dongjun saw Yoo Mi's glare and smirked.

'This is going to be fun, a class expert can't be that good at sports, unlike Kyuyeon,' thought Dongjun.

"Lee Jin! Team 1!" said the coach. Jin warily walked over to the left court and avoided walking in Yoo Mi's way. Until, Yoo Mi turned to him and held his shoulder.

"When the ball goes over the net, I want you to pass it to me so I can spike it on Kyuyeon's head," whispered Yoo Mi. Jin swallowed hard.

"B-But, isn't that a little mean?" asked Jin mumbled.

"What did you say?" asked Yoo Mi.

"Nothing!" said Jin quickly.

"Park Woomin! Team 2!" said the coach. Woomin walked over to Dongjun and put his arm over Dongjun's shoulder.

"Hey man, think of me as your best friend. You're pretty cool hanging out with that Kyuyeon girl. No one's-" said Woomin.

"I know, I've already been told and I don't care if she's lonely. She's my first friend here," said Dongjun.

"Oh, then I'm your second. You get all the chicks, all of the girls have been talking about you since you came into the classroom. Whatever you decide to do, I'll have your back," said Woomin grinning. Dongjun gave him a weird look before nodding.

After everyone got into their teams they began playing. Kyuyeon's team served the ball and went over the net. It flew near Jin, he passed it to Yoo Mi. She jumped and spiked it. The ball was about to land on Kyuyeon until Dongjun pulled her out of the way. The ball bounced on the ground. She noticed, Dongjun who pulled you close to his body, was only inches away from your face. She blinked in confusion and Dongjun blushed.

"Dongjun! If you think this is a place for you to flirt with girls it's a wrong time!" said the coach.

Yoo Mi glared at them. Dongjun let go slowly and rubbed his neck.

"M-M-Mianhae..." muttered Dongjun. Then he smile sheepishly and Kyuyeon smiled back. Then Kyuyeon looked over at Yoo Mi who was smirking, knowing she almost hit you. Kyuyeon glared at her and got into position.

Dongjun and Kyuyeon glanced at each other, knowing what to do and nodded. Yoo Mi's team served first. It passed the net and was going near Woomin. He passed it to Dongjun who passed it to Kyuyeon. Kyuyeon jumped up higher than the net and spiked the ball. The ball hit Yoo Mi's forehead and instantly she fell back.

Kyuyeon landed on her feet and beamed at Yoo Mi who was holding her forehead. The coach immediately ran to her and everyone else.

"Na Yoo Mi, are you okay?" asked the coach.

"Of course not! She hit me with the stupid ball! How am I supposed to be okay?!" she screeched at the coach. Everyone was just about to go deaf. Everyone looked at Kyuyeon and Kyuyeon froze. Then Yoo Mi fainted. She landed on the ground on her back. Her friends gasped and a couple of guys laughed.

"Alright, I'm taking her to the Sick Bay, don't move or run away from school," warned the coach then carried Yoo Mi to the Sick Bay. Everyone started laughing and cheering.

"Man, she deserved that, thanks Kyuyeon," said Jin. Kyuyeon's eyes widen in surprise.

"M-M-M-M-Me? T-T-T-Thanks?" asked Kyuyeon. "Y-You're thanking me? And t-talking to me?"

"Yeah, you seem pretty cool now that you've started to talk more, and you made Yoo Mi faint. She's torture!" exclaimed Jin.

"Right..." muttered Kyuyeon.

"Nice going Kyuyeon! Yoo Mi is horrible, and you taught her a lesson!" said Woomin high-fiving her. Dongjun high-fived her as well.

"Kyuyeon ah, you're the best!" said Dongjun giving her two thumbs up. Everyone started surrounding her and telling her how courageous and awesome she is for hitting Yoo Mi in the head.

Dongjun watched from the back and smiled.

'She's finally having everyone's attention, and now they're all going to be talking to her as friends,'' thought Dongjun. Yoo Mi's friends rolled their eyes and glared at the scene.

"Kyuyeon ah, you can sit at our table," said a girl. Dongjun beamed at them instantly and rushed over to Kyuyeon.

"No way! No way! No way! She's sitting with me at lunch!" exclaimed Dongjun. He pushed everyone out of the way and held Kyuyeon's hand. Kyuyeon looked at him shocked.

"I-I-I... I mean... she's my first friend, of course I want her to sit with me because I like being with her," said Dongjun. Everyone looked at him weirdly.

"Or... do you like her, huh?" asked Jin putting an arm around Dongjun. Everyone made an 'Ooooooh~' sound making Kyuyeon blush. Then Dongjun let go of Kyuyeon's hand and wiped his hand on his pants.

"A-A-Aniyo, aniyo. I-I-I-I-"

"Dongjun and I are best friends, of course I'd sit with him," said Kyuyeon. Dongjun sighed in relief. He was saved by Kyuyeon and she smiled. "Mianhae, I'll sit with someone else tomorrow. For today, Dongjun's a new student and I need to show him around the school. We have the same classes."

"Aw, Kyuyeon, look at you being all protective," said Woomin pinching Kyuyeon's cheek.

"Ya-Ya-Ya! Don't do that!" exclaimed Dongjun pulling Woomin's hand off of Kyuyeon.

"What's wrong? Protecting your crush~?" asked Jin. Some people started teasing them about it.

"Ya-Ya! I don't like her, she's just my first friend I've had here!" exclaimed Dongjun.

"Cool down, we're just joking," said Woomin ruffling Dongjun's hair.

"But promise us, we'll be your best friends and we'll support you in whatever you do," whispered Jin.

"Whatever, just not for today, I wanna be with Kyuyeon," said Dongjun. The bell rang and it was lunch time. Dongjun held Kyuyeon's hand after everyone left.

"Kyuyeon ah, you're not affected of what everyone said about us liking each other, right?" asked Dongjun. Kyuyeon shook her head.

"Aniyo. I'd never believe it, only if it came from you personally," said Kyuyeon smiling.

"Are you sure?"

"Neh!"

"Arasso," said Dongjun smiling. He pulled her out of the gym. "Let's go, you need to show me where the cafeteria is." Kyuyeon laughed as Dongjun dragged her out.

When they reached the cafeteria, Kyuyeon immediately spotted Yoo Mi holding a bag of ice on her forehead. She avoided eye contact with Yoo Mi and continued her conversation with Dongjun.

"So, how's the food here? Whatever you eat, I'll eat," said Dongjun grabbing two trays for Kyuyeon and him. He passed Kyuyeon's tray to her as she looked at the food.

"Rice, vegetables, kimchi, anything," said Kyuyeon grabbing a few side dishes and putting it on her tray.

"Oh, okay then..." said Dongjun. He grabbed any side dish that Kyuyeon got. They had a table to themselves and they talked quietly. Dongjun made a few jokes and Kyuyeon laughed at them all the time.

Yoo Mi saw Kyuyeon laughing and smiling at Dongjun. She glared at her and watched silently. She had never been so angry in her life before, it was if there was a dark aura around her. This was the first time she'd seen Kyuyeon smiling, smiling! She got up from her seat and walked over to their table. She dumped her unfinished tray on top of Kyuyeon's, some food even landed on Kyuyeon.

Kyuyeon and Dongjun looked up at her.

"Whoops, it was an accident. Clumsy me~!" said Yoo Mi. "Throw that away for me please. You'll throw it away, right Kyuyeonnie?" asked Yoo Mi getting closer to Kyuyeon. She glared at Kyuyeon who puffed. "You will, won't you?" asked Yoo Mi threateningly. Kyuyeon puffed and glared at her.

"Whatever," muttered Kyuyeon. Yoo Mi walked away smiling. Dongjun saw Kyuyeon's deppressed face, and he didn't like that face. He got up and called out to Yoo Mi.

"Ya! Na Yoo Mi!" shouted Dongjun angrily. Everyone in the cafeteria silenced. "Come back here and apologize!" Yoo Mi turned around and folded her arms.

"And what if I don't? You'll forgive me, right Dongjun oppa?" asked Yoo Mi acting cute. Dongjun grabbed Yoo Mi's tray off of Kyuyeon's tray and slammed it on the ground.

"Come here and apologize!" demanded Dongjun slamming the tray onto the ground.

"Fine~," said Yoo Mi. She walked over to Dongjun and smiled.

"Mianhae Dongjun oppa for making you mad," said Yoo Mi. Dongjun pointed to Kyuyeon.

"And to Kyuyeon," ordered Dongjun. Yoo Mi sighed.

"Do I have to?" asked Yoo Mi. "You could just forget about her, and you can be my friend," said Yoo Mi holding his shoulder, lifting up her leg and Dongjun's chest. "You won't reject an innocent girl like me, right oppa?"

Dongjun glared at her.

"Apologize. To. Kyuyeon. Right. Now."

"Alright oppa, but-!" said Yoo Mi but then pretended to trip and flung Kyuyeon's tray onto Kyuyeon. Kyuyeon was covered in rice, kimchi, vegetables and other side dishes that weren't pleasant.

"Oops!" said Yoo Mi. "Kyuyeon ah, your face is covered in kimchi! Dongjun oppa! Doesn't she look funny!" said Yoo Mi smiling and pointing at Kyuyeon's face. Kyuyeon felt embarrassed and ran out of the cafeteria. Yoo Mi smirked and turned to Dongjun.

"Oppa, Kyuyeon is a loser, you want to hang out with the most popular girl like me? Right?" asked Yoo Mi. Dongjun ignored her and ran after Kyuyeon.

"Kyuyeon ah! Wait for me!" Dongjun called out to her. Yoo Mi smirked then exited the cafeteria.

Kyuyeon ran all the way to the girl's toilets. Dongjun followed her all the way up to the door. Kyuyeon cried really hard. Dongjun called out for her to come out but she continued crying. He waited there until it was almost time for their next lesson. He knocked on the door again.

"Kyuyeon ah... please, come out," begged Dongjun. "I can't bare it to see you so upset. When you're sad, I'm sad. I want to see that warm smile of yours' that makes me smile... please come out."

Kyuyeon heard every word and was so touched. She quickly wiped the food off her uniform, washed her face and finally came out with red swollen eyes. She started smiling when she saw Dongjun.

"Did you wait for me all that time?" asked Kyuyeon. Dongjun nodded and smiled.

"Neh. You're my best, best friend, I need to be there for you whenever you're down to make you laugh," said Dongjun. Kyuyeon hugged him which surprised him.

"Dongjun ah, you're the best friend I've ever had," said Kyuyeon. He smiled  and held her tightly. They were so close that Kyuyeon coudl hear Dongjun's heartbeat. It was beating fast as a drumbeat just like hers.

 

 


--

Comment!

And sorry I haven't updated lately, I've been busy with school.