Part 2

Birthday Surprise?

He can't help but smile as her face once again crossed my mind. He is usually quite focused on his work but she never fails to visit his chaotic head every damn time. 

"Uh-oh! Look at him! He's smiling like a maniac again!" Seungri gasped in an accusing tone while pointing his bony finger at him. Did he just point  him using that dirty and lowly finger of his? 

"Could you please lower that lowly and unrespectable finger down? It's ruining my focus, my magic is waning just by seeing that." He said in his most sarcastic and disgusted tone he could ever muster.   

"Hyung, are we really sure he's not insane or something?" Seungri tried to seriously whisper to Youngbae but his voice is heard by everyone in the room. He even made the crazy hand gesture while his face is somewhat in the scared or concerned area. 

"Why are you working harder than the usual? Do you have any plans?" Seunghyun, who observed him since earlier pointed out. He sure does notice everything around him, including the number of the flies and mosquitos who flew here for the past hour. 

"Honestly, I asked YG-hyung for a one week vacation starting tomorrow and he accepted if I presented more songs later." He sheepishly admitted while rubbing the back of his neck. He can't help but be embarrassed, their comeback is near and he had the nerve to ask for a vacation. 

"Well, we are very sure that you had plans since it's your birthday tomorrow. Don't worry, we won't slack off and practice twice harder even if you're not here." Daesung reassured him and patted their leader's hardworking back. 

Jiyong can't stop the smile that's forming in her lips as he nodded to the boys who's been his pillar and brothers for the past years. He just can't ask for more. They are the best members and brothers a person can ask for. 

"He's the only one getting a vacation? Unfaaaaiiiir!" Seungri wailed like a baby and flailed his arms around the place.

Or not. He would gladly throw  and leave Seungri in the gutter. He doesn't need Seungri's annoying little mouth to ruin his mood every single day. He is more than willing to trade him with any other member out there. Thank you so much. 

~~~

Jiyong's brows furrowed as he entered YG's office at the top most floor of the building. He called him in for an emergency and Jiyong can't help but wonder what's the issue this time. 

The president's office is still so clean and chic like the usual but the air that floats around today felt really different.

"Jiyong, I called you today because of the sudden changes in your schedule." YG said in a serious tone. Well, Jiyong's okay with anything as long as it's nothing to do with his week long birthday vacation. He worked really hard for the past days just to get a vacation starting tomorrow - his birthday. 

"What is it? I'm okay with anything as long as it's not-" Jiyong stopped dead as he saw the change in YG's expression. "Could it be- is it...?" He stuttered. Not this one. Just not this one. 

"Don't worry, I'm not cancelling the vacation. But we just need to compromise a little bit." YG said in his no nonsense tone. It's also hard for him to do this for he saw how excited Jiyong for the past few days. He witnessed how he's working extra hard just to take the time off. 

"What is it?" Jiyong breathed out as he slowly massaged his temples. What can he do? It's YG himself who asked for a compromise. 

"You need  to go to Japan to attend to a personal schedule which will last until tomorrow." Jiyong's eyes widened as he fully heard what the president just said.

"WHAT? BUT IT'S MY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW! YOU KNEW I HAD PLANS!" He can't help but raise his voice. This is absurd! It's just  plain unacceptable. 

"It's hard for me to do this but I'm really sorry Jiyong."

~~~

The day passed by quickly like a movie that's been forwarded to a 200%, he can't even remember how he managed to finish his schedule earlier. Jiyong can't help but be worried because Dara's been ignoring all his calls and texts since last night! His birthday is coming up to a close and he can't help but feel like he just wasted the most important day of his life.

It is still mid afternoon but here he is- slumping on one of the stools in one of the most amazing bars in Japan. His Japanese friends was really excited to hear that he will celebrate his birthday here in Japan so he didn't have the face to turn them down when they invited him to a party. 

"Yow Jiyong! Why are you so down? Dude it's your day! Get wild!" One of his friends who's already drunk shouted and pointed to the models who are currently dancing on the stage. "They are all yours." He whispered once again before staggering to the dance floor.

He once again heaved a deep sigh. He should not be here. He really should not be here wasting his day in this country far away from Dara. His thoughts of her was disturbed when he felt Kiko's hands sensually rubbing his back. 

"Why are you here huh? I've been waiting for you to come to the dance floor since an hour ago!" She slurred in his high pitched voice. She seemed drunk already. 

"Stop it Kiko, you know I'm not interested." He flat out said. He's just sick and tired of her moves that he can't even stomach her anymore. 

"Is it about Dara again? Aren't you sick of her? What does she have that I don't have huh? She doesn't even have a nice body." Her drunk words just flow out unrestrained and that made Jiyong's head flame in anger. Who does she think she is to insult Dara like that in front of him?

"At least she can't be easily mistaken as a transgender, unlike you." He spat out with killing venom and left the bar to get some fresh air. Kiko's priceless reaction made him smirk which made him proud. How dare she talk bad of her girl in front of him. Serves her right.

He heaved a sigh. This is undeniably becoming his worst birthday ever. He wants to go home so ing bad.

~~~

Dara heaved a deep sigh for the nth time as she entered Jiyong's house. Since it's still his birthday, she wanted to bring the cake and her gifts even though they can't celebrate his birthday together. 

She know she's  been irrational for ignoring his calls and texts,but what can she do? She felt bad and sad. Her heart just can't stop hurting at the idea that he's in Japan on this day and he will probably meet Kiko again. 

Jiyong already cleared the issue saying that he's not even remotely interested in her but she just can't trust that girl. She's a model, she's beautiful, and it's not impossible for him to be attracted to her. 

She put the customized in his refrigerator and placed her gifts on the table with her little note. Dara was about to go out when she felt the urge to go to his room. 

It was empty and cold yet it felt so Jiyong. She picked up the music sheets on the floor and placed it nicely on his table full of his things. She also put the used clothes on the floor and put it on the hamper. 

After a couple of minutes of cleaning, she sat on the bed and the scent of Jiyong assaulted her senses which made her heart clench more. 

What could he be doing right now? He should be enjoying right? It's his birthday, he should be happy. 

Her thoughts was put to a halt when her phone pinged for a notification. She saw that Jiyong's friends posted some photos and she was excited to click it. 

But what she saw made her heart skip and clench once again. It was a group picture but she can't help but notice Kiko's closeness to Jiyong. She trusts Jiyong but she can't help but feel jealous every time they are linked together. At least he looked happy, it's enough for her. 

She laid on the bed for minutes until they become hours, she didn't even know anymore. She didn't notice the time until she finally felt drowsiness take over her. 

~~~

Dara was pulled to consciousness when she felt soft feather like kisses on her face that slowly went down to her neck. She can't understand anything at first but when the thought finally dawned on her, she immediately opened her eyes then met Jiyong's dark orbs. 

"You-you're here? Ho-how can you- possibly be here?" Dara's voice shook when she realized that Jiyong is real and really here. His painful groan just proved that he's real when she pinched a part of Jiyong's tummy.

"Don't even ask about it. I literally flew here you know? My head is killing me." He groaned as he felt the jet lag kicked in again. He's dizzy enough to pass out but he held out in thoughts of seeing her before this day ends. 

"Bu-but what about the party? I even saw your pictures!" Dara exclaimed, not believing how he's here now and not there.

"I left shortly after that picture. Then after a flight and some traffic, I'm here. Are you not happy seeing me today? You didn't answer any of my calls and texts." Jiyong's face turned sour, and his aura seemed to fall down a little bit. Dara admits that she's a little disappointed, not in him but in herself. She just can't understand her feelings sometimes. 

"Wait- WHAT TIME IS IT?" She shouted as an idea came into her head. 

"It's already 10 minutes before 12. Why?" Jiyong said nonchalantly while massaging his temple. It was really not an easy thing to be here tonight. He had to deal a lot of things including his friends' questions and YG's lengthy lectures. 

"It's still your birthday! Come here. We should do this before the clock strucks midnight!" She squealed and dragged his sluggish body to the kitchen.  Dara then took out the customized cake she bought and lighted the candles within a few minutes. He just stood there, quite shocked to see that Dara prepared something for him. They sat face to face with the cake in front of them with the candle's light the only thing illuminating them.

Dara then started to sting the Birthday song softly while enthusiastically clapping her hands which made Jiyong show his gummy smile. He can't help but feel that he's blushing by the cheesiness of it all. The warmth that spread in his cheeks and his whole body is undeniable though. He felt special, and loved. 

He had plans to surprise Dara dor a trip on his birthday but he didn't know that she even remembered his day. They were all so busy that the topic of his birthday didn't come up so he expected that there's nothing but he's here in front of her blushing about a simple birthday cake and song.

"I already sang the birthday song already. Come on, you should have made a wish and blew the candles already. Why are you spacing out?" Dara whined and pouted when she noticed that he's been staring at her for a couple of seconds already.

"What can I do? I don't have any particular wishes right now." Jiyong just shrugged nonchalantly. He already had everything. 

"What? I'm sure you have your biggest wish hidden somewhere there. Faster! 2 minutes left." Dara urged Jiyong to make a wish while frantically looking at her wristwatch. 

"My biggest wish? She's already sitting in front of me. What more can I ask for?" He said sincerely while looking directly at her eyes. Heat creeped up in her cheeks and he grinned as he saw her blink thrice and blush like a tomato. 

"Oh stop saying nonsense. Come one, less than a minute le-" Dara's words were cut off as Jiyong's sweet mouth connected to hers. He knew she was shocked but he can feel her smile which made him laugh a little. 

"Happy Birthday to me." He whispered softly before owning her lips once again.

~~~

I know it's been years but... Yeah, I still want to end this in a good note. Hope you'd enjoy this one~