Chapter 3

Finding True Love

“Kris”

“Yes Noona”

“Mom and Dad are returning from Japan next week. They called me today. They wanted to talk to you too but they said you were not answering their call.”

“Yeah…I was…”

“It’s ok…..Dad asked me why didn’t you go to the office last few days. I told them that you were not feeling  good and needed some rest…..though I know there is something you are hiding from us.”

“No….I mean Noona I…I was…”

“Is it related to Jessica?”

Kris looked at her noona shockingly and kept silent.

“Look Kris…I know something is going wrong between you and Jessica but I can’t see you like this. You look so depressed. If you want you can share your problem with me.”

Kris said nothing. His noona was about to leave the room but Kris suddenly stopped her.

“Noona”

“hmmmmm?”

“I think….Jessica has changed. Does that mean that she doesn’t want to be with me anymore?” Kris’s face was expressionless.

“What?....Kris what are you saying?” His noona asked him shockingly.

“I don’t know…I am so confused now…..please help me noona….please.” After saying those words Kris started sobbing. There was something in his heart that he couldn’t say to anyone. And it was only because he himself still couldn’t believe that…he still wasn’t really sure abut that.  

He felt so heartbroken and his noona was also crying silently.

“It’s ok Kris…may there is some misunderstanding and you know her already…..she is very busy now-a-days…so may be that’s why….”

“Noona I don’t know…I really don’t know.” Kris said while tears were running down his cheeks.

“I am here Kris….we’ll talk about it tomorrow….you should sleep now…please stop crying….please”

Kris nodded his head and went to his bed like a good boy. His noona was caressing his hair…she couldn’t watch her little brother in so much pain…but yet she acted strong in front of him.

When Kris fell asleep she left his room and closed the door carefully so that it doesn’t make any noise. But she didn’t know Kris was fully awake because his mind and his broken heart wouldn’t let him sleep.

He left his bed and sat near the window. Then he looked at the photo frame of them on which he and Jessica were smiling brightly. His eyes were tearing up again as he whispered a question….a question that was haunting him for past so many days…

 

 

“Jessica….Why did you cheat on me?....Why??”

 

 


Happy reading :)