Chapter 1: Hot Stranger

Beauty in All

          August 28th, the day I've been dreading since vacation started in mid July. The whole fact dawned on me as I scrutinized the high school I'll be attending from now on. No more free time for video games or PC games and certainly no time to view wonderful anime.

                                    my life

          With one last exasperated sigh I entered the large high class institute for the rich and intelligent. I ain't rich so by default you should obviously know I'm intelligent, yeah I brag about it.

          The interior design was nice and bright with glossy blue floors and teal painted walls. Along the walls were sparkly clean black lockers labeled with silver plated numbers. Hoards of students filled the halls, chattering about nonsense . Others probably new to the school like me, clutched their schedules firmly in their grasp as they glanced every so often in the classrooms.

           I searched for my assigned homeroom as well which should be on the floor I'm currently at. Yup there it is. The door was already opened revealing a nearly full room and a teacher seated in the front desk. Luckily for me the last seat by the window was available.

          Settling down I stared aimlessly out the window studying the cloudy sky waiting for the teacher to start explaining the schools rules, which nobody really cares about truthfully.

          Finally after about fifteen wasted minutes later the male teacher who looked about thirty or so began to introduce himself and talk about a load of crap I paid no attention to. At the end of his speech, he informed us to wait for the bell before heading to our respective first period class.

                                       Boop boop boop

          The stupid bell rug loudly indicating that students had four minutes to get to class before being written down for their tardiness. Fortunately for us freshmen they let it slide on account that we're new to the large school. Great, now I have an excellent excuse for my lateness, and so I took my sweet as time when walking to Geometry.

          The halls were fairly empty except for a girl who ran frantically past me and a guy walking across from me. The guy's messy brown locks stood up all over the place, sleepiness clear in his droopy eyes. Aside from his messy appearance he seemed quiet handsome. As we grew closer we both stopped in front of the same classroom. He looked lazily at me.

            "Go in first"I mutter avoiding eye contact.

            "Thanks" I take it back he's not handsome he's hot as hell and his voice damn, one word; goosebumps.

            I followed the guy and was greeted by a sighing middle aged teacher who directed us to our assigned seats. Surprisingly or seats are in the same row, now I get to look at the back of his head.

           I could hear faint whispers of girls gawking at the brunette, their faces flushed when glancing his way. Stupid hormonal adolescent girls I saw him first!

          The rest of class was boring, I basically leaped from my position the moment the bell rang, others did the same including the brunette.

          Unfortunately we didn't have the next class together.

                ______________________________________________

          It was six period now, gym being my current class, and wouldn't you know it the hot dude was there. Yep this class brightened up instantly.

          I peeked at the guy every so often only to find him dozing of on the bleachers a face mask and eye mask covering most of his dashing features. His whole body laid out in the opening in which people place their feet. If you were to stand in front of the bleachers he wouldn't be seen easily. Smart. And that's how class went on, him sleeping me watching him. Pretty unusual I guess, but class did go by quicker.

           Turns out we also had the same remaining classes, basically he was in half of the classes I was in. My chances of talking to him increased, however the fact that I'm a complete social turd definitely is a huge gap in my hopes of befriending him. This is gonna be a hassle.

             ______________________________________________                 "How was school?" My father asked as he fixed me a plate of bibimbap. I sniffed the air eagerly. The mouth watering scent made my stomach churn, I need food now.

          "Alright, kinda annoying at times." I mumbled taking a large bite from the meal.

           "Made any new friends?" He inquired peeking past his raven black fringe.

           "No, not yet" he frowned, his round doe eyes filled with concern.

           "Don't worry honey in time you'll have lots of friends!" My feminine father who was more like a mother beamed encouragingly.

           "Okay don't fret about the matter any further I'll be fine" we talked as we ate, mostly about the rambunctious kids dad teaches at his kindergarten. Apparently this one child called Henry wants to marry my dad and well he had quiet the trouble leading him away from the thought. Dinner was great, chatting with dad is relaxing, though I feel that he's lonely. That's why I try to hangout with him as often as I could. Alas like most days exhaustion gets the better of the thirty year old single parent and he heads for bed soon after engaging in conversation with me. When that happens I usually play StarCraft for the rest of the day only stopping to grab a snack and to use the bathroom. I glanced at the clock and cursed my luck and scurried off to bed.

              ______________________________________________

          Oh geometry, geometry I'm not anticipating it one bit, the subject at least but I don't mind it as long as our seat arrangement is permanent. Today I'll get to see that gorgeous stranger, I almost whistled but held back the urge not wanting to attract attention.

           The moment I waltzed into the classroom I came face to face with a hoard of girls surrounding the brunette. Those vultures!

          I made my way to my seat with much difficulty, finally I was able to see the tall handsome stranger who really looks good enough to be a model. He appeared to be irritated at the questions the female students fired at him. He suddenly stood up with fierce determined eyes glaring at the girls. He removed his sweater revealing a white shirt he wore. People gasped, girls nearly cried and my Lord was I glad.

           Bold red letters on said shirt read ' Sorry girls, I'm gay'. It took all my will power to not laugh. This type of indirect rejection is far too amusing, gay huh? That's good, for my case that is.

           "You're lying you can't be gay?" A girl caked in makeup pointed an accusing finger at the Hot brunette. The stranger smirked.

           "Then I guess I'll have to prove it to you?" Huh? How's he gonna do that? My question was soon answered by a pair of plush lips crashing into mine in a firm kiss. Holy mother of s! Was all I could think, the warmth on my lips and pounding in my chest was the only sensation I could feel. After what felt like ages, the kiss broke with many scoffs and shrill shrieks of envious female students. He faced me leaning to my ear and whispered in a very seductive tone.

          "I've been dying to do that since I saw you yesterday." He pulled away a teasing smile displayed on his tanned complexion. I simply stared at him blushing profusely and before anyone could say a word our teacher came strutting in the room with an arrogant expression.

          Oh my s thankfully I have lunch next I really need a breather after this truly unexpected turn of events. I feel like I'm in one of those cheesy Korean dramas, except this is real, so real it feels fake. If that even makes sense, which it probably doesn't.

          At long last the bloody bell rang and I zipped for the exit unaware of someone trailing behind my footsteps stealthily closing in on me. I felt a hand in mine and was pulled forward in a sprint. I tried to yank free from the hold, however the one dragging me happened to be the model like stranger and I opted to let the brunette take me.

          We came to a stop, the blue sky and cool wind greeting us. Wow what a view, never thought I'd go to the roof before. I didn't get much time to admire my surroundings for a certain brunette decided to get all up in my face.

          "Hi" he smiled widely.

          "Uh hello?"I waved awkwardly.

          "I'm Shim Changmin, what's your name?" Changmin? A fitting name for an attractive individual.

           "Cho Kyuhyun" I mumbled scratching the back of my head, the nerves in my body aching from discomfort.

            "Kyuhyun pleaser to meet and kiss you! " My cheeks heated up at the reminder, he must of noticed because he eyed me suspiciously.

            "You like me don't you?" ! Spot on! What do I do?! "You do!" He laughed beautifully.

            "So what if I do?!" Why the hell am I admitting it!? Mothering mental face palm.

           "Well let's go out."da ? Not a bad idea, but we just met!

           "We barely know each other." I crossed my arms, an eyebrow raised radiating my sass.

           "Aw look at you you're so in love with me" that little tease!

           "No! Research states that one isn't in love with someone until the crush last four months! I just have a crush on you, nothing more." Out of no where Changmin pulled a black marker and a loose leaf and jotted something on it. He then turned the paper over to me.

                                     'Four months later...'

          "Do you still like me?"He asked.

          "Yea"

           "Welp now you're in love with me. Let's date."He puffed out his chest triumphantly doing what I believe is a sorry excuse of a victory dance.

           "That makes no sense four months hasn't literally pass." He shrugged nonchalantly, shoving his hands in his jean pockets.

           "Tallying time is a waste, it's as if people are counting the days till their expected death. If you like something currently go for it now, you might just lose it later. Better now than never." He paused for a second, his eyes soft as they fixed on mine. "I'll ask again, do you wanna go out?"My heart raced madly, mind spinning for an answer and finally I came to a conclusion, it. It's not every day a smoking hot guy considers dating a dorky nerd like me.

            "Yes"I said confidently to which he smiled proudly.

            "Great, now let's have ."

              ______________________________________________

          If you're wondering why the almighty Shim Changmin has one very noticeable black eye, well I was the one who caused it and with good reason. Who the hell asks someone to have with them after agreeing to go out!? Changmin does apparently! And I really need to stop answering my own questions.

           Today I was fully prepared to tell that bastard off but the minute I saw him strolling past the door with that endearing smile of his, I chickened out.

          "Kyu~" he called my name as he flopped on my desk. Every head in the classroom turn to face us with either disgust or jealousy written on their faces.

          "What?"I tried to sound angry and failed miserably.

          "Good morning"my heart melted in a mushy pile of fluff.

          "Morning" I replied unable to maintain eye contact with him. Changmin reached to my hair gently, he did it with a sad glint in his eyes.

          "What's wrong?"I asked genuinely concerned.

          "You spend a lot of time fixing your hair don't you?"I nodded. "You shouldn't, I bet you are even more stunning with your natural look." I think my heart fluttered. Unconsciously I laid my hand on top of his. Slender fingers longer than my own stopped in their tracks and intertwined with my nimble digits. I raised my head bravely facing him. His lips turned up in an unexplainable manner that tugged at my heart strings in a rhythmic tune. Brown orbs hiding gleefully beneath eyelids focused deeply on me. Maybe Changmin was right, perhaps during these past two days I sincerely fell in love with him.