Misunderstanding 2

Beautiful Misunderstanding (YFYL)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I do believe that simple things really matter. Because even a simple misunderstanding could ruin everything…”

“Yah! Where are you going?” Manager Han shouted when he saw Lee Min Ho has now changed to a large black jacket and a cap.

Min Ho turned to him with a frustrated expression. “Where do you think? I need to go to Shin Hye’s house now. She is not picking my call and you don’t let me talk to her in the plane just now. I can’t see her when we boarded at the airport because there were a lot of fans outside. I need to see her now or I’m going to die from anxiousness.”

“You need to go back to the filming site now. You have the movie shooting in another hour. How can you go to see her now?” Manager Han asked nervously.

Min Ho let out an exaggerated sigh as he stared at his manager with an annoyed gaze. “I don’t care. If I don’t go to see her now, I’m dead. I need to explain to her.”

“Explain what? You don’t even remember what you did with Kim Yoo Mi last night.” Manager Han said angrily.

Min Ho parted his lips wanted to protest but found himself tongue-tied. His manager was right. He could only remember fragments of what had happened. He was in the VIP room with his staffs and others Lotte Hotel management team. His gaze was following Shin Hye the whole night until Kim Yoo Mi came and sat beside him. She kept asking him questions about acting and told him that she was nervous with her audition. Although he felt uncomfortable with her initiative but because she was his junior, he wanted to help as much as he could. Then comes the general manager of Lotte Hotel. He kept forcing him to drink until his vision started to blur out and his head was spinning. The last thing he remembered was he drank a lot of soju and his head was spinning like crazy. He felt someone dragged him back to the hotel room but he don’t even remember who.    

He sighed again before walking to the couch and threw himself on it. He took the cap off and simply threw it at the side. He ran his fingers through his hair annoyingly. “Everybody knows that I have low tolerance with alcohol. I will lose my consciousness just with 2 glass of soju and that night I had at least 5 glasses. What can I do with her?”

Manager Han chuckled sarcastically as he looked at Min Ho. “Try to say that to Shin Hye and let’s see she believe you or not. Woman is an emotional and sensitive creature. She saw you woke up in another woman’s bed, . Do you think she will forgive you now?”

“Yah! I’m not . I mean I’m not completely . I was still wearing my pants.” Min Ho argued.

Manager Han sneered. “Nice try.” He sighed. “Luckily there were no reporters around. If someone caught you sleeping in her room, you will be the headlines in the whole Asia by now.”

“Aishhh… I really hate this Kim Yoo Mi. What is wrong with her? What the hell was she thinking bringing me back to her room?” Min Ho buried his face in his palms.

“Blame your parents for giving you such a perfect face. Every woman wanted to jump in your bed.” Manager Han shook his head.

Min Ho inhaled deeply as he took his cap and stood up of the couch. “I don’t care what excuses you use, what you want to do, I need 2 hours off. I need to see Shin Hye now.”

“Yah! Lee Min Ho!” Manager Han screamed but before he could do anything, Min Ho already opened the door and stepped out of his apartment.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

Shin Hye was sitting on her bed with her back leaning against the head board, arms wrapping her legs, looking at her phone mindlessly when her mother came into her room. She looked up at her mother and smiled at her weakly.

Her mother sat down and caressed her daughter’s hand gently. “He has been waiting for you in his car outside our house for almost an hour already. Even though I don’t know what happened between both of you but you should at least listen to his explanation. He said he will wait until you go out to meet him. He looked tired and worried. Your father doesn’t allow him to come in because he saw your teary eyes when you came home just now. He assumed it was his fault that makes his daughter cry.”

Shin Hye looked down and bit her lower lip, trying to hold back her tears.

Her mother sighed softly as she her daughter’s hair. “Shin Hye-ah. The man out there was chosen by you. From the first day you already know he is not an ordinary man. Entertainment world is a very complicated place where anything could happen. If both of you aren’t strong enough to face and overcome the obstacle together, this relationship will be even harder.”

Shin Hye’s eyes reddened as she looked into her mother’s eyes. “Eomma. I’m very lost now. I don’t know I should believe my eyes or believe my heart. I don’t know I should trust him or to trust the reality. There are too much seductions and temptations in this industry. How long can he love me?”

“Believe your eyes and believe your heart at the same time. Trust yourself, trust your choice. Don’t let an argument or fight to affect the relationship that both of you had built and protect for so hard. Nobody could answer you how long he will love you because you can’t know how long you will love him either. But at this moment, I’m sure he does. If he doesn’t love you, he won’t wait for you outside like an idiot now. If you are not important to him, he wouldn’t come all the way here just to ask for our blessing to date you. To be honest, I’m quite impressed and touched by him.” Her mother said.

Shin Hye looked up at the clock. She doesn’t know how he does it but he should be at his movie filming site at this time. He must have forced Manager Han to take some time off for him. Maybe her mother was right. She should at least listen to what he wants to say. She knows if she don’t go out to see him now, he will not leave and it will be a big fuss in the filming site later.  She looked back at her mother and let out a deep sigh.

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

Min Ho: I’m still waiting outside her house. I told you I have to see her. She refused to pick up my call and see me. Even if I come back to the filming site now, I couldn’t concentrate and will only make the situation worse.

Manager Han: Lee Min Ho! Can you be more professional? You are not some high school boy already. How can you ignore your work just because of a girl?

Min Ho: Hyung. You know Shin Hye is not just a girl. I’ll go crazy if she leave me. I can’t let this problem to drag any longer. The misunderstanding will be more and more serious if I don’t talk to her now. She is…

He stopped mid-sentence when he saw Shin Hye opened the gate and heading to his car’s direction.

Min Ho: Hyung. I’ll talk to you later. I need to end the call now.

Manager Han: Yah! Lee Min…

Min Ho cut the line off as he straightened himself up. His heartbeat started to race and he could feel his heart pinching when he saw her pale face and puffy eyes. She cried.

Shin Hye closed the door after she stepped into the car. Without looking at Min Ho, she turned her head, staring outside the window.

“Your filming for today supposed to be at 2pm and now it’s already 3pm. You shouldn’t be here.” She said coldly.

“Shin Hye.” Min Ho reached for her hand but avoided by her, doesn’t let him to touch her. He sighed. “I’m sorry about this morning. I… I…” He paused, unable to find the right word to say. He looked at her who was still not facing him. “Let’s go back to my apartment and talk there.”

“No!” She said sternly, averted her gaze to Min Ho now. “Don’t try to lock me in your house, try to convince me that everything was just a misunderstanding and make me give in because it will not work this time.”

“I’m not going to convince you anything. I just want you to listen to me and don’t run away from me. You are not picking up my calls and you are avoiding me. You need to give me a chance to explain before you announce my death sentence, right.” Min Ho said nervously.

Shin Hye looked into his eyes. “Just cut it short. I don’t want to listen to crap. Just tell me… did you do it?”

Min Ho was immediately taken aback by her question. His manager was right. How is he going to explain when he doesn’t even remember what happened last night? He gulped, looking at her. He took a deep breath.

“You know it’s very easy for me to answer that question because I can just say no and just get over with it but I don’t want to lie. I want to be honest with you.” Min Ho paused when he felt Shin Hye’s eyes reddened and tears started to well. He quickly held her hands tightly in his, ignoring her struggles. “You know I have very low tolerance with alcohol. I was drunk last night, very drunk. I can’t even remember how I got into the hotel room. I have no idea of what happened last night at all.”

He inhaled deeply as he tightened his grip on her hands. “But you know I’m like a dead fish when I was drunk. I won’t be able to do anything.” He said again.

Shin Hye bit her trembling lower lip as she looked deep into his eyes with her tears blurring her vision. “Do you remember when was our first kiss?” She asked softly.

Min Ho’s face turned white. Of course he remember when and he know what she was about to say next.

“It happened when you were drunk.” Shin Hye said.

“But it was different. I was not so drunk at that time and I still know who I was kissing. I know it was you.” Min Ho argued.

Shin Hye smiled sadly. “Then the difference is just that you knew it was me last time and you don’t know it was her this time.”

Min Ho sighed deeply. “I was really drunk. I…”

“If you really did it with her, it still doesn’t change the fact that you cheat on me even if you were drunk. You know you are not good in alcohol. You should try to avoid it and make sure you stay away from a girl who is obviously interested in you. But you didn’t. You let all this happened and even let her dragged you into her hotel room. And you are telling me now that you don’t remember what happened between both of you last night.” Shin Hye said with tears started to roll down her cheeks.

“What if I’m the one who was drunk and you find me in Won Seok’s room without wearing anything? Will you forgive me when I tell you I was too drunk and couldn’t remember what happened that night? I bet you won’t even give me a chance to explain before you break Won Seok’s nose.” She raised her voice, still crying. “I don’t care and I don’t mind how many women you have before me but not when we were together and you did something like this.”

Min Ho cupped Shin Hye’s face and looked at her with a very nervous expression. If he doesn’t stop her now, he was afraid that she will say something he feared the most. “Shin Hye, please. I know I sound ridiculous but we don’t know about it yet. I mean I was drunk and I don’t think I can do anything with her when I was not even conscious. Everyone was so shocked this morning and I don’t even have the time to ask her about it. I will…” He stopped mid-sentence when his phone rang. It was his manager. “Damn it.” He cursed.

He looked at his watch before he picked the call. “I’ll come back before 4.30pm.” Without waiting for his manager to protest, he ended the call. He turned back to Shin Hye who was now wiping her tears away with her hand.

“You should go now.” She said, turning away from him.

“We are not done yet. I’m not going anywhere.” He refused.

Shin Hye took a deep breath before looking back at him. “No matter what you say now, it won’t change anything. Today is my off day. I’m very tired and I really hope to rest well. Please go back to your filming site now. Tomorrow we still need to catch an early flight to Shanghai for your CF shooting. That shooting will take 2 days and it will be very hectic. If you delay the filming now, you wouldn’t be able to complete all the scenes before we go to Shanghai tomorrow. Compared to your work, this can wait.”

“No, it can’t wait.” Min Ho held her hands tightly and pulled her closer to him. “Nothing can compare with you even my work. You know that.” He said as he looked at her firmly.

“You should be professional. Everybody is waiting for you at the filming site now. You shouldn’t make them to stop everything just because of this.” Shin Hye said.

Min Ho closed his eyes briefly before looking back at her. “Okay. I’ll go back now but you have to promise me that we will talk again when we go to Shanghai tomorrow and not to make any rash assumptions. I beg you.” Min Ho looked at her expectantly.

Shin Hye sighed silently before she nodded her head.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

“Thank you so much for everyone’s hard work and the shooting went really well today. Just continue with the good work and after the photo shooting ended we can go back to Seoul tomorrow.” Shin Hye said, with a light smile. Even though she wasn’t looking at Min Ho, she can sense his gaze was following her.

Min Ho just completed Yadea Motor CF shooting today and as usual, they were all having a briefing in Min Ho’s room. Yadea was the first project that Manager Han let Shin Hye handle on her own. Since she was the one who liaise with the people here, Manager Han didn’t follow them to Shanghai this time. And of course the other reason was he has to handle Kim Yoo Mi’s schedule and also her drama audition.

“Boss, since we did so well today, you should treat us a nice meal for dinner tonight. I really miss Shanghai dumpling very much.” Yoo Hye Mi, the makeup artist said to Min Ho.

Min Ho who was still looking at Shin Hye, startled by her. He let out a weak smile. “Of course. As long as you make sure I looked perfect on the screen, you can eat anything you want.”

Sung Seon Yang hit Hye Mi’s arm playfully. “You just remember how to eat. The one who work really hard today was Shin Hye. She has to coordinate the whole shooting and run up and down to communicate with the Chinese staffs. She has to handle so many people and we just need to take care of one person.” Seon Yang then turned to Shin Hye. “Shin Hye-ah. Are you alright? You looked very tired since we came back from Busan two days ago.” She asked in concern.

Shin Hye took a brief glance at Min Ho before looking at Seon Yang. She smiled. “I’m alright. I just need to rest early tonight.”

Seo Ji Ni, the hair stylist walked towards Shin Hye and put her palm on her forehead, checking her temperature. “Are you sure you are just tired? The weather here is very hot. You should drink more water. Let’s go to eat now and come back earlier so you can rest earlier too.”

Shin Hye shook her head. “It’s alright. I think I’ll just stay here. I’m not hungry anyway. You guys go to enjoy.” She then turned to Hyun Min, the office coordinator who was in charge of Min Ho’s miscellaneous matters in the office. Since all his coordinators, except for the two bodyguards were female this time, Manager Han send Hyun Min to go with them.   

“Hyun Min oppa. Please take care of them.” Shin Hye said.

Hyun Min nodded. “I will. Do you need us to buy any food for you and Min Ho hyung?”

“It’s alright. We will just order room service.” Min Ho cut in before Shin Hye could reply. He wanted all of them to go away as soon as possible so he could talk to Shin Hye alone.

“Okay.” Hyun Min looked at his watch before looking at the coordinators. “Let’s go now. It’s almost 8pm already.”

 

The room became very quiet after Hyun Min and all the eonnies went out for their dinner. Min Ho was sitting on the bed, looking at Shin Hye who was looking through the story board for tomorrow’s shooting. After a while, she stood up of the couch, heading towards the door.     

Min Ho was nervous and quickly stood up too.

“I’ll go back to my room now and order some food for you. Sleep earlier tonight. You need to look good on the camera tomorrow.” She said without looking at him. But before she could take another step forward, Min Ho walked to her and pulled her into his arms from behind.

“Our conversation outside your house has not finished yet. You promised me that we will talk here.” Min Ho said into her ear.

Shin Hye bit her lip. “What else to talk about?”

Min Ho loosened his arms and turned her around, facing him. “Hyung called me just now. He talked to Kim Yoo Mi yesterday. She said nothing happened between us that night. She said I was drunk and she couldn’t find my room key. She was afraid that reporters might be around so she has no choice but to bring me back to her room. I threw up on my cloth and that was why I’m not wearing my shirt.” He explained, looking nervous. “I didn’t lie. If you don’t believe me, you can call hyung and ask him. That was really nothing happened on that night. We didn’t… do that.” He said carefully.

Shin Hye slowly looked up at him. Her gaze was cold. “Is that all?”

Min Ho’s brows furrowed together. “Meo?”

“Is that all you want to talk to me? If you are done, I want to go back to my room to rest.” Shin Hye said.

His breath became heavy looking at her cold expression. He moved to her arms and held tightly on it. “What done? I’m not done yet. Did you hear what I just said? I told you nothing happen between me and Kim Yoo Mi that night. Why are you acting like you don’t care about it at all?”  

Shin Hye took a deep breath before meeting his gaze. “I heard everything single word you said just now. To be honest to you, I don’t know whether I can believe what she said or not. From the first day President Jang introduced her to all of us, she has been laying her eyes on you. Even when I was having a discussion with her about her new drama she was also asking questions about you. She said you were too drunk and she couldn’t find your room key but why didn’t she call Manager Han or me? She has our numbers. She was just finding excuses to stay close to you.”

“So what? No matter what she does, I won’t even look at her. How many times I have to tell you that there will only be one person inside my heart. That’s you. You know how much I love you. After the incident with President Kim, we have gone through so much and nothing could separate us now. There are a lot of women out there who likes me but it doesn’t mean I will like them back.” Min Ho said nervously. He doesn’t feel good with what she said and how she looked at him.

Shin Hye chuckled sadly. “You are right. There are so many women out there who like you so much that make my heart felt so uncomfortable. I guess I really need a very strong heart to be with you.”

“You know that since day one we were together. You know who I am and you know what kind of burden we need to bear together in order to be together.” Min Ho started to raise his voice. He was furious and anxious at the same time.

“But I didn’t know I have to bear finding my boyfriend in someone else’s bed without wearing anything.” Shin Hye snapped. She glared at him with her teary eyes. “I’m very tired. I’m tired of worrying about you, about how long you will love me and how long you will stand with this kind of life with me. We just being together for 6 months but can you count how many times we have been fighting already?”

Min Ho exhaled sharply as his eyes never left hers. “You are just jealous and feel unsecure. You felt threatened because of her. We were still okay after that incident 3 months ago and we were fine before you found me in that damn bed in her room that morning.” He paused as he tightened his grip on her arms. When he saw her lips parted, wanted to say something back, he automatically leaned down and captured her lips hungrily, not letting her to say another word.

Shin Hye’s tears rolled down as she closed her eyes tightly, her hands were clenched into fists. She didn’t push him away or struggle but just stay very still. No matter how hard he and on her soft lips to make her response, Shin Hye just didn’t react or return his kiss.

Min Ho slowly pulled away and looked down at her reddened and slightly swollen lips. Tears were still dropping a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter