#004 Test of Courage

She's My Kryptonite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yumi glanced at Hana who was sleeping soundly. Hana fell asleep on Yumi’s room after crying buckets after the incident at the restroom. Hana ranted about how she was humiliated and how she wanted to fight back but had no courage to since Kai almost killed her the last time they had an encounter. Yumi had nothing to do but to listen to her childhood friend.

Who would’ve thought that they would meet each other at that school? They grew up together at the countryside. Then, when they were in middle school, Yumi suddenly disappeared without saying goodbye. Hana did not have any idea that she was sent to Seoul Academy because she’s an Alice user.

Yumi got a blanket from her closet and put it on Hana. Not turning the lights off, Yumi also snuggled on her own blanket.

The next day, Hana was very happy that Yumi was on the same class as her. Apparently, Yumi talked with TOP to let her transfer in his class. TOP, knowing the reason for her request, let her transfer. Hana was glad that there’s someone in that room willing to fight for her and be by her side.

Kai never gave a damn about who was there for her. He wanted revenge.

Kyungsoo sat on the couch, reading a book in history. Kai was intently looking at his hand, shaking his head now and then. “Are you still thinking about what happened with Hana?” Kyungsoo asked, eyes still on the book.

Kai cleared his throat. “I’m not” he replied, obviously lying. Kyungsoo closed the book and looked at Kai. “What’s bugging you? Don’t tell me it’s still about your Alice? Did you really think of burning her alive?” Kyungsoo shifted on his seat.

Kai did not answer, obviously saying that his answer was a ‘yes’. “Something’s weird with her” Kai muttered, ruffling his hair. “Maybe your Alice did not work because of the Limiter” the shorter guy suggested earning a snort from Kai.

He looked at the silver band on his right wrist. He shook his head as he leaned on his back. “It’s not it. I know there’s something with her”

Kyungsoo just sighed and stood, thinking of going to his own room. “Sehun and the guys are planning on scaring her. I think it’s a good way to know what her Alice is” Kai informed him. Kyungsoo stopped upon hearing that. Turning to Kai, he massaged his temples. “Can’t you just let her go? You know that you’re the one at fault that day. Burning the box of cupcakes in front of the one who gave you is really rude”

“You’re starting to sound like her. And I can do anything I want” Kai replied, not backing off. Kyungsoo snorted in disbelief. “Are you a grade schooler? And Sehun? I can’t believe you’re really ganging up on her. That’s just so manly of you” he said in sarcasm.

“Stop lecturing me like you’re a grown up or I’ll really burn you to ashes” Kai warned him. “Go ahead. How many times have you threatened me about that and here I am standing in front of you. And…at least I’m thinking rationally like a grown up and not taking revenge on a girl like a kid” Kyungsoo replied, not losing to his friend’s stubbornness.

They’ve been into a lot of fights, verbally and physically but Kai never really had the guts to hurt him. Kyungsoo knew him since they were kids and he knows Kai the best. He’s the only person who’s brave enough to tell him that he and that he’s a bratty kid. He’s the only one who Kai trusts. The only one.

“Do you like her?” Kai asked, taking Kyungsoo off guard.

Kyungsoo’s eyes narrowed, taken aback by the question. He sighed and shook his head, turning his back on Kai.

“Whatever” he muttered, making his way out of the room. 

“Hey weed” Sehun called out for Hana who was on her way to the dormitory. She stepped back when she saw who it was. She knew that they’re up to something again. Sehun walked nearer to where she was. She was ready to fight back whenever he’s going to do something again.

“Although it’s late, welcome to the Left Wing and I’m sorry about the ‘thing’ at the cafeteria. I was not thinking straight” he said, making Hana confused. Did he just welcome me? Dis he just apologize? What’s with the sudden change? Hana asked herself, still not believing that he just welcomed and apologized to her.

“Do you know about the welcoming challenge for transferees and new students?” he asked, trying to sound friendly. Hana shook her head. “It’s a challenge to test someone’s courage. Tonight, you need to get something inside the Woods” he explained.

The Woods, if she’s not mistaken, Kyungsoo told her that it’s the dark forest inside the campus which was artificially made by some Alice users. “So are you going to do it?” he asked, patiently waiting for her answer.

Hana gulped the lump in . “I’m in. It’s a tradition here so I’m in” she replied, sounding willed. Sehun brightly smiled at her. Hana was taken aback by how handsome he could look with that smile. “Okay, make sure you come on time. It will be at 9 PM. And make sure not tell it to anyone” he reminded her for the last time before turning his back on her and walking away.

Sehun had a playful smile on his face. That’s a piece of cake.

On the other hand, Hana made her way to the dormitory’s common room, still thinking about the challenge which Sehun told her. “Hana” someone called for her. It was Kyungsoo. “Oh, hello” she shyly greeted him. “Did Sehun or the other guys approach you?” he asked, trying to know if they’re really planning on scaring her.

Hana shook her head, remembering what Sehun told her that she shouldn’t tell anyone. “No one approached me” she forced a smile. It was hard for her to lie in front of him. Kyungsoo was not sure if she was telling the truth or not. “I see. I heard that you were friends with Yumi. That’s a good thing, having someone on your side” he said with a smile.

“Yeah, we knew each other since grade school. I never knew she’s in this Wing. Um…thank you for talking with me. I know that Kai’s probably taking it in a negative way” Hana lowered her head. Kyungso

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter